Coloplast technical manual: Tips and Tricks for pump operation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Coloplast technical manual: Tips and Tricks for pump operation

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:16 pm

I was searching for some information , and stumbled across this on the internet.

Please see the attached manual from coloplast; it is written for the surgeon and healthcare team, but this might be of use to some of you, especially the last page which states:

Suggestions for Optimum Outcomes
(a) It is a good idea for the patient to cycle his device daily in order to keep
the pump lubricated and avoid sticky pump syndrome. He doesn’t have to cycle completely; just pump it a few times, deflate it and then pump it one time again. This ensures daily movement of the valve in the pump.
(b) It is not necessary to press hard to deflate or to keep your finger on the deflate valve for more than a single push.
(c) If the patient is having difficulty depressing the deflate valve, reverse the thumb and fore finger on the deflate portion. Humans have much more power in their thumb than fore finger and elderly patients may not be developing enough pressure with their fingers.
(d) It has also been shown in the literature that the Titan will expand and possibly lengthen & widen the penis if the patient inflates daily for 1-3 hours. Patients will confirm this expansion as the number of pumps to full inflation will increase over time.
Attachments
coloplast tips and tricks manual.pdf
(413.33 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

LeRoastBeef

Re: Coloplast technical manual: Tips and Tricks for pump operation

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Thank you, Tangerine!

Tonight's reading for me, and probably many others.

Thanks for all you do.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Lester33

Re: Coloplast technical manual: Tips and Tricks for pump operation

Postby Lester33 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Good information and thanks for sharing it.
IPP on 6/22/2018 by Dr. Perito, Miami, FL.
22cm Coloplast Titan, 2 RTE
Testosterone therapy
Cancer free seven years, married fifty years, wonderful sex life

Return to “Implants”