What is the earliest age one should get an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: What is the earliest age one should get an implant?

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:56 am

I think that we all can agree that any surgery carries a risk of infection. My feeling is that if a surgery approached 100% chance of infection. The insurance companies wouldn't pay for it to begin with. Liability insurance wouldn't allow a doctor to perform the sugery either.
I worked with a guy that went through 5 knee replacements without an infection. He had some kind of bone issue where the implant wouldn't bond correctly.
My own wife has probably had 10 or more abdominal surgeries. No infections.
Here is the puzzling one. Around 10 years ago an elderly lady was out for a walk here. During the snow removal, a sewage manhole cover got knocked off. She fell in. Compound fracture of a leg bone. Had to lie in running sewage for quite some time before rescue could get her out. Made big headlines here cause of the unique accident. Follow up was the medical team was surprised that she did not get an infection.
We can debate the actual percentage of risk. But I don't see a way to support super high occurrence rates.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 am

I guess we should all calm down a bit.
I think being young and possibly needing an implant really makes one's nerves raw.
Hell, at 80 I was pretty edgy.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Last edited by LeRoastBeef on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Zeckelbaum

Postby Zeckelbaum » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:
Zeckelbaum wrote:
FMLFML85 wrote:Research? Stop spreading bs. There’s no where it says 5 revisions = 100% erection chance. Only story I heard about someone losing there dick was from a foreigner who got imprisoned after being implanted. Where does it even say the infection risk increases at the 2nd revision. Please don’t put miss information on here and scaring off younger men like me.

Mate...I’m looking into an implant myself and am just airing concerns I have based on things I’ve come across. If you’d rather put your head in the sand and look at the positives only then that’s your look out, not what I’m about though

I don’t care if you get a implant or not just don’t come here and spread bs about a 100% chance of infection when you are clueless. My heads not in the sand you just have no balls kid.

Just posting what I found in a published medical journal. Much more clued on than you who comes on here just to insult me. Telling someone they have no balls is what 12 year olds do. Clearly your mental age didn’t progress like the rest of us. Not going to waste my time on you anymore.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm not usually a peace maker,
BUT, I realize FMLFML85 was out-of-line with his remark, and would like to see an apology.
If not, that's all right and I tried.
I think I'd be offended by the remark also.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:03 pm

I apologize for being complicit in the hijacking of this thread away from the original question to the peripheral one of evaluating the risk related to the initial question.

I have started another thread
viewtopic.php?t=12827
dedicated to examining the question of increasing risk of multiple revisions which is peripheral to the original question. A long debate over that distracts from the O.P.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Please (this forum has no moderator at the moment), let us all be moderate in our posts (and use the "edit" or "delete" functions when we are not).

Civility in calling out misinformation renders the corrections more credible. Hurling insults or questioning motive or intelligence hurts one's own arguments. Intemperance mostly generates more intemperance and drives thoughtful and useful contributions away.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:10 pm

As soon as your sex life has more misses than hits or it routinely causes dissatisfaction with either partner.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”