What is the earliest age one should get an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mr.skin

Re: What is the earliest age one should get an implant?

Postby mr.skin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:11 pm

It s easy statistics, the probability stays the same for each event, but if we have a set of 5 independent events thus the probability that one of them comes true is the sum of each probability.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:18 pm

About wearing the implant out, Many of you are told to cycle 1 to even 4 times daily for the first year.
I like to cycle every morning and sex is a byproduct of that.
We did skip it yesterday due to golf lol.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 pm

mr.skin wrote:It s easy statistics, the probability stays the same for each event, but if we have a set of 5 independent events thus the probability that one of them comes true is the sum of each probability.

OK, I will make a liar out of myself. I HOPE this will be my last post on the subject in this thread.

If you take a 20-sided (Dungeons and Dragons) die, the likelihood any one face will come up on a single roll is 5%.

If you roll that 20-sided die 20 times, the likelihood that any one face will ever come up is NOT the sum of 20 5%s - 20 x 5 or 100%, is it?

By my calculations the odds that any one face will come up on any of the 20 rolls is about 64% 36% chance that one face will not appear ever, even once, in the 20-roll passage.

5 revisions means a total risk of 25-50% of ever experiencing an infection.

If I am right, a man undergoing five operations with a 5% risk of infection ON EACH ONE has a 22.6% chance of acquiring an infection. Put another way, he has a 77.4% chance of going through all the operations without an infection.
With a 10% risk of infection on each one, a series of 5 operations would put him at risk for ever having a single infection in the series is 59% or 41% chance of have no infection at all during the series of 5 operations.

Or, flipping a coin at 50% chance of "heads", you have a 25% chance of two flips being all tails of 25%. 3 flips 12.5% 4 flips 6.25%

here is a spreadsheet calculation anyone can cycle through: First a 50% example at 2 flips of a coin, then a 2 cycle example at 5% risk followed by a 5 cycle example at 5% risk
The coin flip example is pretty intuitive
risk of an outcome (infection or "tails") upon a specific event (revision operation or coin flip)
50.00%

1 minus risk %
Likelihood of escaping that event
50.00%

number of events (or "n")

1-risk raised to "n"
likelihood of escaping that outcome throughout the series of events (none of four tosses coming up "tails")
25.00%

The infection example uses the same formulas

risk of an outcome (infection or "tails") upon a specific event (revision operation or coin flip)
5.00%

1 minus risk %
95.00%

1-risk raised to "n"
likelihood of escaping that outcome throughout the series of events (none of the operations resulting in infection)
90.25%

5.00%

1 minus risk %
95.00% (or 5% chance of experiencing an infection)

1-risk raised to "n"
likelihood of escaping that outcome throughout the series of events (none of the operations resulting in infection)
77.38% (or 22.62% chance of experiencing an infection at some time during the series of operations)

so, the more times you have an operation, the more likely you are to experience an infection throughout the entire series, but still nowhere near 100%.

I wonder which is more satisfying, beating this question to death beating a dead horse or beating a dead penis? :roll: or less satisfying.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm

the infections tend to happen more in men with diabetes, so I think it sort of scews the overall infection rate.

I just read in the titan brochure than 95% of men's Titan is working fine after 5 years.

btw im 32 and will be getting implanted soon (hopefully)
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:21 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:the infections tend to happen more in men with diabetes, so I think it sort of scews the overall infection rate.

I just read in the titan brochure than 95% of men's Titan is working fine after 5 years.

btw im 32 and will be getting implanted soon (hopefully)

Yes, diabetes affects all the healing processes and high blood glucose (I speculate) gives more nutrients for bacteria to feed on. I am expecting a surgery on my foot and just read in a medical journal that in patients whose blood glucose the day after surgery was over 200 mg/dL infection rate was 2 to 4 times higher than those with a normal (around 100 mg/dL). Of course circulation in diabetics is already compromised and it is most pronounced in the extremities.

Of course, if there are no bacteria allowed into the surgical site, no bacterial growth can occur. And Dr. Eid is reknowned for his antiseptic practices, as are all the best surgeons. But he is particularly proud of his.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:33 pm

When your dick does not get hard and other methods fail post pubescent . A person could flip it and ask what age are you too old for an implant? The overall basis is need. Not age.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:14 pm

alibaba wrote:When your dick does not get hard and other methods fail post pubescent . A person could flip it and ask what age are you too old for an implant? The overall basis is need. Not age.

Right, spot on, Alibaba. Cuts right to the heart of the matter.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:35 pm

@Lost Sheep
I am a bit tipsy right now, but your first elaboration was incorrect.

If you habe a 20-sided die the probability of each side occuring is 5 %. Correct.

But the probability of in 20 turns reaching one specific side (e.g. one) is 20 x 0.05.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Zeckelbaum

Postby Zeckelbaum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi guys thanks for the replies. According to my research by the 5th revision the chance of infection is near enough 100%. Provided you can get to revision 5 without being infected and if it wears out an average of 5 years I would be dickless in my 50s

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29795529/

“The risk of specific device infection was strongly correlated and increased based on number of prior IPPs: 1st (6.8%; 3/44), 2nd (18.2%; 4/22), 3rd (33.3%; 4/12), 4th (50%; 4/8), and 5th (100%; 2/2) (R2 = 0.90, p = 0.01).”

Shit position to be in either way. But I feel they really need to work hard on making these implants more durable. I can get my shaft hard but it has a bit indent in it which an implant would get rid of. Glans are always soft but I hear they are soft with an implant anyway

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:12 pm

mr.skin wrote:@Lost Sheep
I am a bit tipsy right now, but your first elaboration was incorrect.

If you habe a 20-sided die the probability of each side occuring is 5 %. Correct.

But the probability of in 20 turns reaching one specific side (e.g. one) is 20 x 0.05.

That would imply that in 20 turns, every side would be hit at least once which means 100% certainty that no side would be missed. How likely is that?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”