vasectomy after an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ViaSwiss

vasectomy after an implant

Postby ViaSwiss » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Have any of you had a vasectomy after an implant? If so how long after and how did it go. My dr does not want to do it during the same operation and said we should do it before an implant instead of afterwards, but I would hate to delay the actual implant further.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Lost Sheep

Re: vasectomy after an implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:19 pm

I asked here if it was advisable to do a vasectomy at the same time as the implant.

I got mostly "No" answers. Mostly due to the difficulty of telling what might be the cause of any complications. If I had pain or swelling from the vasectomy, we might think it due to the implant/pump, or vice-versa. No need for confusion like that.

I asked my surgeon what he thought of the idea. He replied, "I don't wee why not." But he would to the implant first and if it went well would then decide if the vasectomy was simple enough to do before closing me up.

It makes sense to limit the number of times one goes onto an operating table in one's lifetime. Each time is a new chance for misadventure.

At 70 years old, a vasectomy might be seen as frivolous. I mean, what are the chances that I would run across a woman in child-bearing years willing to bed me? But on the possibility, I seized the opportunity.

If I were you, I would ask my surgeon to consider it and do the vasectomy if the rest of the operation was unremarkable and the added procedure presented minimal additional risk.

Of course, your anesthesiologist might be unwilling to pass up a second surgery. (one for the implant and a second for the vasectomy instead of only a single pass at your wallet). A lot of your costs get doubled up on if you have separate surgeries for each procedure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”