Infected implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PCHelp76180

Re: Infected implant

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Evinrude wrote:
PCHelp76180 wrote:Here's an example of what happened to me at week 5

OMG... :shock: ... did oral antibiotics take care of it and how long did it take for the member to get well ? Scary that it happened at week 5 as one would think one would be completely in the clear by then... any theories as to why bacteria went wild that late in the healing process ?

From the time they started me on antibiotics it took 7 weeks to clear it totally up. There were a couple of extenuating conditions that kept it from clearing up quicker. One was my weight, I had to loose 25 lbs and the other was high blood sugar, had to totally cut out all surgers.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Frenchboy

Re: Infected implant

Postby Frenchboy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:25 am

Oldbeek I know that levofloxacin is risky and must be réservés for true cases of infection. Due to circumstances, I choose it for a few days, have to wait until the next week.

I don t know what my surgeon will do, a malleable or a 3 pieces.
One cylinder eroded on a side before swelling and oozing symptoms. This erosion (i ve post something few weeks before saying "my cylinder has moved"). When infected parts of implant stick on the tissue.

I really fear lenght loss and re-infection. The gold Standard is to do a washout between revision but I don t know if they took time to do it, maybe just in infection cases.
On top of it I don t think they can repair the erosion and do the salvage.

Return to “Implants”