My experience.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tomas1

Re: My experience.

Postby tomas1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:20 pm

That would be good to know.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

marcos

Postby marcos » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 am

It was AMS 700 LGX,MS Pump

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm very sorry for what's happening to you.
excuse my sincerity, but I would never use the same doctor who ruined me the first time.
go to a 'really' top surgeon and ask him when to get a new revision.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 pm

marcos...I agree with all others and especially maxxxxx. I know how much any surgery kills me mentally. I overthink every bad aspect of past experiences and, with my hatred of any needles and catheters, work myself into one sleepless night after the other when I envision my next one(s). Take a break, and breathe. Research Eid and Kramer online for their videos and methods. If I ever decided to have a revision (my profile says 'never'), I would not hesitate to go to New York and have Dr. Eid do me. IMHO...

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

marcos

Postby marcos » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:16 am

maxxxxx wrote:I'm very sorry for what's happening to you.
excuse my sincerity, but I would never use the same doctor who ruined me the first time.
go to a 'really' top surgeon and ask him when to get a new revision.

You right about the doctor,but he was the only one in my insurance doing implants.

Rawness1111

Postby Rawness1111 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Aye man, thank you very much for the info. I also wonder like everyone said that if you had a different doctor that you would have achieved different results. You are one from the many of men on here whom have had success with the implant. Sorry for your experiences but if I were you I most definitely would take that rest then go see kramer or dr eid. I haven't head anything but good things about them so if I were going to get implanted I wouldn't choose anyone but them. That's also why I'm looking into these things now even though I wont be getting one until a year, or 2 or 3 down the road.
32 yrs old. Newly developed ed with divorce and searching for solutions.

marcos

Postby marcos » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:54 am

Well,you have many stories of success here,so think positive,and get a good surgeon.I know i will never do it again.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:40 pm

At 51 you are young.
Your natural erections have now been ruined forever.
Bad luck? Doctor just started a new crack habit?
Students doing the work?

Pappas has a good reputation? How was that determined? Reputation is shot to hell now, isn't it?

I agree with Max of the 5 x's . No way I would have gone back. Unless your insurance is his own plan, someone else takes it. The longer you wait to refill the space that was routed out to put in an implant, the more scar tissue is going to fill in it's place, possibly causing peyronies, pain, or limit your chances and size for an implant in the future.

Going back to this guy is like buying a used car from the only guy who will finance bad credit, then having it blow up on the way home. Since he was the one who offered you credit, you go back and stack another high interest loan on top of the one you had and buy another junker. 2 times, 3 times? In the end, all you have are the bills to show what you paid and more junk. Time to move up a class for something dependable.

I am sorry you have had this experience. Infrapubic or scrotal? Infrapubic is known for too short, especially in the hands of some doctors. How were the rods installed? The basis for the common idea that implants cause erosion is from the rigid implant days. Many operating manuals said to undersize a rigid or semi rigid implant by 1/2" in the attempt to lessen the stress and tension that causes erosion. The scar tissue capsule from your first implant probable allowed the space for the rod to slide and move around.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

chonky

Postby chonky » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:57 pm

I wouldn't give up. I had an implant removed without a replacement after complications in 2012 ( Coloplast Titan). In April I was re implanted by another doctor with an LGS 700CX. and it has worked out great.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

Return to “Implants”