Major loss of sensitivity after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Strider3

Major loss of sensitivity after implant

Postby Strider3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:41 pm

I've had my implant for 5 years now. Over that time I've noticed that the sensitivity has decreased to almost nothing. Masturbation does absolutely nothing but make my penis sore. I don't have a wife or friend to have sex with. The only way I can ever have a tiny climax is with a vibrator, but it almost isn't even worth the effort. Are others having this problem after their implant or maybe this is just old age (72)?

Lost Sheep

Re: Major loss of sensitivity after implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:07 pm

That does not sound normal. Have you consulted your urologist? If you have the resources to consult a professional sexual function therapist, your urologist might recommend one.

Unasked for advice; take it in the sincere way it is meant, please. On a personal note, a sexual partner seems to me like a good idea. Even if you have no sensation, the ratification of a good woman's (or man's, if your preference runs that direction) in a supportive relationship is beneficial in non-sexual ways as well.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:54 pm

+ 1

Losing sensitivity after getting an implant is not normal, and the loss of sensitivity you have (where you can't even climax with masturbation) is pretty serious, in my humble non-professional opinion.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:05 pm

I think that one of the doctors on YouTube mentions loss of sensation in men that keep their implant inflated all the time or nearly all the time. I think it was Prieto.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Infrapubic or scrotal? Nerve damage is listed as a possibility and more common infrapubic. I was warned that due to scar tissue it is even likely with an infrapubic revision. My dick has been numb since the first implant.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:17 pm

So sorry, alibaba. Sure wish there were something I could do, brother.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:59 am

Implant does help in the respect that I can feel the internal pressure when pumped fully maxed out which reminds me of the feel of the raging hardons of youth. I max out at 36 pumps and start to feel the tension at about 32. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 am

Strider3 wrote:I've had my implant for 5 years now. Over that time I've noticed that the sensitivity has decreased to almost nothing. Masturbation does absolutely nothing but make my penis sore. I don't have a wife or friend to have sex with. The only way I can ever have a tiny climax is with a vibrator, but it almost isn't even worth the effort. Are others having this problem after their implant or maybe this is just old age (72)?

Did you have a radical prostatectomy prior to the implant? Did the RP doc remove your nerves to get all the cancer?
I had a RARP and lost a lot of sensitivity from the nerve removing operation. My glans is nearly dead. I had more feeling with injections than the implant. I just make the best of what I am left with.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Strider3

Postby Strider3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:48 am

Oldbeek, yes I did have radical prostate surgery a few years before getting the implant. I guess my problems are caused by that, and diabetes causing circulatory problems, but mostly nerve damage from the surgeries. The doctor that removed my prostate claimed that he spared those nerves, but I have my doubts.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Strider3 wrote:Oldbeek, yes I did have radical prostate surgery a few years before getting the implant. I guess my problems are caused by that, and diabetes causing circulatory problems, but mostly nerve damage from the surgeries. The doctor that removed my prostate claimed that he spared those nerves, but I have my doubts.

Damage from the surgery should (I think) have been sudden. Your nerve atrophy (my assumption) is occurring over a five year span. Investigation into possible OTHER causes (which might be continuing to rob you of feeling or indicative of some disease process that warrants treatment) might be prudent.

I suggest discussion with a neurologist might be worthwhile, in addition to a urologist.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”