Revisions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Revisions

Postby Magicmike » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:26 pm

I read a lot about people doing revisions. Let's just say that u get implanted and something goes wrong. Who pays for the revision. I know Coloplast and AMS both have so many years of life but let's say your surgeon made a mistake who pays the bill.

Lost Sheep

Re: Revisions

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:32 pm

I imagine it is very much on a case-by-case basis and would depend a lot on who paid the bill in the first place, if it required special authorization, etc as well as the cause of the failure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:02 pm

So let's say that it's a failure with the implant. I'm sure Coloplast r AMS would stand behind there product but who would pay the surgeon

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:00 am

You or your insurance pay for the revision. I had discussions with 2 well known doctors who have testified in court as professional witness' in problem implants. Of the 2, each knew of 1 successful case. 1 I am aware of and the other stated that nerve damage was the only known cause that won he was aware of. I've heard of many AMS and Coloplast denial of replacement, some where they reimbursed the doctor for the device or replacement product but that is only the implant device itself. Eid is the only doctor I know that has a guarantee on his work.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”