RTE added post initial surgery for length correction?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Hoping

RTE added post initial surgery for length correction?

Postby Hoping » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi guys,
I'm a little over 7 days out from my surgery and wondering if anyone might know or if it's not a bad idea for in this circumstance: length loss of about 2 inches (minus smaller penis head size) if a urologist could shortly after surgery add in maybe a couple RTEs to get me or someone else back closer to natural erection size? Or has anyone heard or thought of such a thing?
My shaft itself after measuring it has lost about 1.5". That's a pretty big loss especially considering I was told several times I'd lose 0-2 total from my doctors. I was measured to need 23 cm according to surgery notes 11 were internal and 12 were my shaft measurement. From reading others posts it sounds like no one is ever close to 50/50 internal and external length so I think that kind of adds a little more merit to my complaint. I have a titan, 70% inflated or so, doctor said I might gain 1 cm in length overtime.
Has anyone seen the surgery what they do? To me: all they'd have to do to add in RTEs: deflated penis, recut penile scrotal incision after numbing testicles, pull out internal tubing, put on RTEs, put tubing back, stitch up, done. Doesn't seem that hard and wouldn't require a full revision because I know insurance wouldn't cover a length complaint.
Right now sitting at 4" (not sure if things have settled further back or something because that's not 12 cms) and this was much more of an elective surgery for me since I had less ED than the vast majority who get this done.
Thanks
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:06 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

roksolid

Re: RTE added post initial surgery for length correction?

Postby roksolid » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:08 pm

In my opinion, 7 days is way too soon to know what you'll end up with when everything is healed up and good. For me, it was 6 months before I could say I'm good and healed...and I ended up with 3/4 of an inch more than what I started with.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Two opinions.
7 days is way to early to tell your final length.
I know that adding tips sounds easy. At least to me it does. But, I'm fairly certain that there are surgery rules designed for infection control. That won't allow an object to be reinserted once removed. I've read of reservoirs being reused but reading closely. They generally were not actually removed. Just the tubing was cut & respliced to a new implant.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:30 pm

That is not what RTEs are for. If you have room in there you need the 22cm binned and a 24cm put in.

RTEs reduce rigidity. You want to avoid them. Sometimes you will need a size that is in between two sizes though.

In your case, if you have room for another 1cm that will put you into the 24cm bracket. If you have room for another 2cm though, then you should get the 24cm + 1cm RTE.

Ask your Dr why he didn't use a 24 cm - don't ask why he didn't stuff more RTEs in.
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:29 pm

I have surgery next week, I don't have any actual experience with an implant yet. My thought is that 70% inflate probably wouldn't give you an accurate measurement anyway. What do you experienced guys think?
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:22 pm

It does sound different. What was your prestretch length. A really hard bone press with a wood ruler works good. Mine was 6.25. Got a 19 cm total titan. 18 plus 1 rte. You want as few rtes as possible. Right after surgery for about 2 weeks no way I could have hard bone pressed. My fat pad right above my shaft was probably swollen out at least an inch, maybe 2. I looked way short at first but told myself I am not dwelling on it for a couple months. Flaccid right now is 5.5. The cylinders do get softer as the months go by so cycle when you can.

So is your fat pad swollen. When I could measure I was around 5. Then started cycling around week 3, and am now at 4 months and am at my pre stretch length. No longer but right at it. My doc did not tell me I would be shorter. He just stretched me injected me and said that is where you will be. Pretty much right on.

Also until the swelling and trauma go down you will have pretty much 0 elasticity. That gets better each week. Also barring an infection you will find I think no doc period who will open you back up for about 4 to 6 months. You want an infection that is a good way to get one. If you you have an infection they just take everything back out and wait about 6 months to back in.

You should search for smetro and maxx . I think they were implanted with around your cm and none would complain about their erect status.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:29 pm

I just looked up smetro. 23.5 cm total and is around 7.5. Long after a year or so cycling. While not indicative due to internal measurement I would think you should be in the same ballpark and not one across the country. Most in my length were getting around 20, some less some more but in that general area.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm

I guess I don't understand this?
Isn't the Titan nearly the same length flaccid and inflated?

If that's the case, how the hell can a 2" loss from pre-implant length be normal?
I'd love to hear the excuse you get for that.

I have the CX and it also is close to the same length flaccid and inflated.
It's less than an inch difference in my case.

I know we're all different, but I have a little less than 1/3 of my 21.5cm internally.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:29 pm

I am within 3/4 of an inch between flaccid and pumped.

What I was trying to bring up was I looked pretty short right after surgery but did not measure. The fat pad was to swollen and sore to get a hard press. If I had I probably would have done good to get to 4 inches just putting a ruler at bottom of shaft where it and my stomache meet and not pressing.

Every week, I got less swollen and longer flaccid. Now I hang at about 4.30 with a flaccid of 5.5 and a fully pumped of 6.25. Cylinders are getting a lot softer along with the pump.

Hopefully as he heals and swelling in both fat pad and shaft get better he will l see an improvement. I certainly did.

I wish I had kept getting longer but nope. I just leveled out but still happy.

Return to “Implants”