Curve at base after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dogface

Curve at base after implant

Postby Dogface » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:40 am

Was implanted with LGX in April 2019. Implant has made penis curve to one o'clock position when pumped. Doesn't look natural however no pain. Are there any home remedies to straighten this thing out. Thinking of VAC device or physically strapping flaccid penis to opposite side to correct curve. It can easily be straighten by grip and move. But it returns to curve position within a few seconds. It's not that big of deal but the damn thing looks weird. Dr. Kramer suggest pumping twice daily for 6 months hoping it will straighten. I personally don't see that working.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

bentorangepecker

Re: Curve at base after implant

Postby bentorangepecker » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 am

I'm 7 weeks out. Still a lot of pain. And it's clearly not my penis. Shape is different. Size is different.. I have my next follow up in 2 weeks. I'm a mental wreck. I have still not attempted intercourse ...

I've tried to play with the shape. Moving things around. I seem to have a strange tilt down that starts 1/3rd from the base of the shaft
AMS700 LGX MS Pump IZ 18 CM x 12MM ( original )
3cm extender ( original )
AMS Conceal reservoir
June 6 2019
Dr. Zammstein
Revision 4/6/21
21cm x 12
2 cm extenders

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:01 am

Right after I woke up and saw my penis I had s curve still about an inch below my glans. Not bad but noticeable. I had peyronies and a lot of plaque with about 30 or so degree curve.

Weird though as my plaque was about inch from bottom of my shaft but curve still left was at top.

Doc told me it could take up to a year for it to straighten. Over last 4 months It has gotten better to an almost straight position now.

I still pump up every day for about 30 minutes while sitting around or watching tv in bed or for sex.

Also right after surgery my right tip was lower than the left. Doc said as curve straightens they should even out. I kept track very close at first. As curve straightened right top gradually evened up. I also would try to bend my curve gently and work glans down into right tip to make sure scar tissue did not form above it. All is pretty good now. Right tip is still just a little lower than my left one though. It is probably only noticeable to me as my wife says she had no idea what I was talking about.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Bionic Richard

Postby Bionic Richard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:42 am

I had a twist, right side bowed up, left side bowed down. They straightened out about halfway up.
Now a little over a year out all is straight!
I think the LGX couldn't straighten out because I hadn't stretched out. Give it some time and cycle it at least twice daily!
1957 model, married 27yr first time 6 yr present,10/16 Retired,12/16 PSA 4.9, 1/17 Biopsy, 2/17 Gleason 4+3, 3/17 Robotic Prostatectomy, 4/17 PSA nondecetable, Penile therapy, pills/VED/Trimix, 5/25/18 AMS 700 LGX 21cm 3cm RTE.

Tourist100

Postby Tourist100 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:38 am

Dr. Kramer is one of the best and most experienced implanters in the entire world. I would listen to him, because logically, the device will attempt to straighten any curvature. Even if you developed Peyronies disease that the device does not remedy after a few months, you can always try Xiaflex injections. That worked for me.

I had severe Peyronies before my surgery, with an hourglass shape and 30 degree curvature at the base, then 10 degree curvature on the distal end. Two shots of Xiaflex and a Titan implant later, it is straight as an arrow.

Relax. i had what felt like big granules of sand under my skin after my implant which stuck out, hurt, and made sex painful because any type of friction irritated them. My doctor said they would go away. I concluded that was not going to happen, and asked that they be surgically removed. Telling me that surgery was not necessary, my doctor still scheduled me for a surgery 60 days later. By the time of the surgery, the bumps were gone. My doctor just smile and asked: "When are you going to start listening to your doctor?" lol

Dogface

Postby Dogface » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 am

Interesting comments about others with the curve. Thanks for sharing. Seems I can only pump four times for erection then bulb gets very solid. I'm about 1/2" shorter from what it used to be. Maybe there is some room for growth which will straighten out the curve. Was thinking of using hospital jock strap to gently force it to the other side while sleeping.

I've had a slight issue with valve in pump sticking too. It's an easy fix. Simply push and hold release valve while squeezing the pump with other hand. AMS rep told me that's factory reset process and it works.

Sex feels really good, however I'm unable to have an orgasm. Only way to get off is to beat it like it owes you money.

On a scale of 1-10 satisfaction, I'm at an 8 and would do it again.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

Return to “Implants”