How Firm?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ZAVRIS

How Firm?

Postby ZAVRIS » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:31 pm

I know most of you have inflatable Penile implants, but some had Malleable at one Time. How firm is the Penis with a Malleable?

Lost Sheep

Re: How Firm?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm

An interesting question about which I have wondered, too.

My inflatable is as rigid (unbendable) as my natural erection ever was.

A malleable, by definition, must be designed to be bent. So it cannot be as stiff or rigid as an inflated inflatable. It also has to be sufficiently stiff or rigid enough to penetrate one's over (vaginally requiring less rigidity than anally).

So, between the two measures of rigidity (moment of inertia or beam strength are the engineering terms, but "resistance to bending" or "resistance to collapse" might be more meaningful to a layperson) is where a successful malleable must be.

I have never seen any quantitative measure of that penile parameter.

Does anyone know of such a measure or measuring device usable for an implanted penis, or even the unimplanted device? Or data on such measurements?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

JH2007

Postby JH2007 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:34 pm

ZAVRIS wrote:I know most of you have inflatable Penile implants, but some had Malleable at one Time. How firm is the Penis with a Malleable?

I’m curious also
Implanted titan 8/29/2018 hated it,
January 9th 2020 Kramer Tactra 26cm

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 am

I was reading up also on mailable some pluses would be easy of use. Was less parts just how to hide when not in use
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Raider82

Postby Raider82 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:58 pm

I can share some of my personal experiences and opinions living with a semi-rigid penile implant for roughly seven years. Please note I’m just an average guy, not a medical professional.

In the late 1990’s, I chose the AMS 650 semi-rigid penile implant because it seemed simple-to-install, easy-to-use, spontaneous, reliable, durable, and affordable compared to the AMS 700 CX three-piece inflatable penile prosthesis. The 650 included two solid but bendable silicone rods plus rear-tip extenders. Inside each rod was a steel cable kept under tension to help create rigidity.

The corpora were dilated and the semi-rigid rods with RTEs placed through a penoscrotal incision. Unfortunately, these were too long to fit inside the corpora. Their extra length placed excessive pressure against the glans bowing the semi-rigid rods and pushing the distal tips through the corpora. The left tip moved outside the glans where it could be seen underneath the inner foreskin while the right tip moved deeper inside the glans. Revision surgery to correct this helped somewhat but didn’t fix it.

I expected to lose some erect length and girth which I did. However, having lesser length prevented bottoming out when thrusting while having lesser girth helped prevent discomfort during penetration. Losing length didn’t bother me. But losing girth felt a lot different than what my wife and I were used to during intercourse that surprised and bothered me quite a lot then (I’m not the same person now).

When ready for sexual intercourse, I used one hand to bend the 650 upward into a horizontal position. I let my wife guide it home. When finished, I folded it back down alongside one of my legs. This kept things spontaneous. The 650 didn’t stay completely flat against my leg, it had some spring back.

The semi-rigid rods were firm enough for sexual intercourse. However, the distal tips interfered with sexual pleasure and sensation. They made daily life and sex uncomfortable and even painful. Sadly, I never had intercourse beyond some early experimenting because of problems caused by excess length. I would love to have more to say about what having sex was like, but I never had enough of it because of the problems described above.

The permanent erection took some getting used to. I tried different underwear to find the right style (boxer briefs). Changing and showering at the gym felt awkward at first, but when no one seemed to notice or care. I got over it. I had to be careful wearing certain clothing. The permanent erection could be seen if clothes were too tight. The glans played peekaboo if shorts or swimwear were too short. I sometimes glanced down to do an erection check to make sure I wasn’t showing too much.

After about six years, a steel cable inside the right rod fractured and the right side lost rigidity. I’m not sorry I went with the AMS 650 semi-rigid penile implant because it’s what I felt I needed at the time. However, I wish its length had been rightsized to fit within the corpora. I’ll never know what could’ve been had this been true. I ended up with a Mentor Titan, but that’s another story.

Best wishes and cheers to all!

Return to “Implants”