Post op problems in scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jjstnjjs

Post op problems in scrotum

Postby Jjstnjjs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

i’ve had a penile implant for three months. I got over the healing process without too much pain. But now I am having very painful and tender areas in my scrotum where the pump resides. To me it feels like the raised rubber on the pump and deflation valve are rubbing and aggravating the scrotum skin from the inside. It feels like I’m hitting a nerve every time I pump or deflate. My doctor says give it 5 or six weeks but my body says something is wrong and today there seems to be some buildupabove the pump where all the tubes are. The base of my shaft is so painful it hurts to get up or sit down. Anyone else experience this?

Lost Sheep

Re: Post op problems in scrotum

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Jjstnjjs wrote:i’ve had a penile implant for three months. I got over the healing process without too much pain. But now I am having very painful and tender areas in my scrotum where the pump resides. To me it feels like the raised rubber on the pump and deflation valve are rubbing and aggravating the scrotum skin from the inside. It feels like I’m hitting a nerve every time I pump or deflate. My doctor says give it 5 or six weeks but my body says something is wrong and today there seems to be some buildupabove the pump where all the tubes are. The base of my shaft is so painful it hurts to get up or sit down. Anyone else experience this?

I have experienced that, but the fact that in almost every case, progression of the discomfort/pain should be LESSENING, not INCREASING suggests to me that your question to your doctor is well-warranted. Also three months is MUCH longer than I experienced. Three weeks I was fairly comfortable. At three months I was only inconvenienced when getting in and out of my car and only marginally aware of the pump in my scrotum for 98% of the time the rest of the day.

Did he examine your scrotum fully or was this a telephone consult?

Is there any redness, swelling or raised temperature associated with this? If so, IMMEDIATE action is appropriate. Perhaps even emergency room treatment, as an infection in the implant can have VERY SERIOUS consequences.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”