28 years old and getting implant tomorrow

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
softtohard

Re: 28 years old and getting implant tomorrow

Postby softtohard » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 am

Hoping wrote:Hi guys,
After an insane mental battle and trying to decide on getting an implant I will have it done tomorrow. Injections at my age have not been fun, are not spontaneous, scare women off. Pills only work some of the time but frequently don't work with a potential new partner (or even old partner a lot of times) from the long history of ED and bad experiences. Much of it has turned mental and it's pretty much too far gone at this point because its always so unknown if it's going to work. I've had ED for 8.5 years due to a venous leak and loss of sensation and it has derailed almost everything in my life in all honesty. I just want to move on and not worry about this anymore. Once this is done there's no going back but the road I've been on for quite some time has been very miserable.
I did measure myself pre-surgery, with a good erection; if I press a ruler down to my pubic bone I'm 6.25". I'm hoping I don't lose much length but I know I'll lose some. My surgeon does 200-300 per year.
This has been the hardest decision of my life. My confidence in the bedroom is shot. It has taken me to pretty much rock bottom to do this, it's been very hard to decide because of my age.
If you guys have questions just ask. I know younger guys really put this off as I have. Maybe I can report back from time to time and give updates if anyone is curious or has questions. I might still be asking about others experiences though as I learn how to use this and ask for advice.
Scared as hell, wish me luck, I'm mainly hoping this improves my quality of life and actually makes sex enjoyable and not stressful.
Thanks

Hi I got implanted 18/7-2019 so about 6 days ago.
I young too and had to crash land on the bottom to be able to make the final desicion, to get an implant.

I healing well but with a lot of pain around the pump, so cycling is a bit of a painful experience right now. And walking makes the sore area sround the pump realy hurt, but I hop thst will subside pretty soon.

How are you feeling now post op?
Is everything what you expected?

Kalle
ED since 22 years old now 36 years old. 18/July/2019, Coloplast 22 cm Dr Eid New York.
From Sweden, Stockholm, Girlfriend

Hoping

Postby Hoping » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 am

Dang I'm jealous you are already cycling. Recovery at this point is great. I have no pain. I have swelling and bruising around the base of my penis mainly. The incision still looks terrible though. I'm disappointed in the current length. Its like 4.5 if that. I was about 5.5 non bone pressed
before maybe more, probablymore. I'm dying trying to wait to use this though. Might ask about a revision for size if it's an issue unfortunately
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

roksolid

Postby roksolid » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:47 am

Hoping wrote:Dang I'm jealous you are already cycling. Recovery at this point is great. I have no pain. I have swelling and bruising around the base of my penis mainly. The incision still looks terrible though. I'm disappointed in the current length. Its like 4.5 if that. I was about 5.5 non bone pressed
before maybe more, probablymore. I'm dying trying to wait to use this though. Might ask about a revision for size if it's an issue unfortunately

Dude...forget about how long it is for now. In 6 weeks if it's not long enough you can see of there is anything to do about it.

I think you'll find that in about two months it won't be swollen anymore, it will be soft and pliable (instead of stiff and swollen from the surgery). It took me about that much time to finally see what I had post-surgery, and I have had absolutely zero complaints from the people I share it with.

Trust me, you'll be back to cervix smashing by Columbus Day.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 am

Good luck, you will be glad you did.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Hoping

Postby Hoping » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:58 am

Wow I just measured myself for the first time bone pressed because the swelling has went down enough. Total length loss of 1.25 inches, I did inflate it to a good erection firmness. Sitting at 5 bone pressed exactly. There were times I was 6.75" from good erections. I was consistently measuring at 6.25 before surgery. I can tell by pull on the outside of my penis there's literal extra room for longer cylinders.
Can I get a revision before scar tissue traps me at this new short length (to me) forever? My doctor says they grow in length maybe a cm after a year of cycling. So I'll be about 2.2cms shorter (was promised 0-2cms possible for length loss)
Plus have recently developed neuropathy in my hands, wow this pump is very hard to inflate btw
So far feeling very disappointed
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:43 am

Hang in there, hoping. How long has it been since the operation?

Worst comes to worst there is nothing wrong with 5. You're rock hard now and with Titan girth!
I bet you stretch out yet if you keep inflating. Especially with 22cms. 8-)
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:07 am

I just can't buy being shorted 1 1/4" and a doc say it'll grow X" each year.
Sounds like total bull shit, especially with a Titan.

As I've mentioned 1000 times, I had my size back right away and flaccid is about 1/2" less. Isn't the Titan and CX similar in that way?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 pm

Hoping, you need to give it time. I've seen a number of guys gain an inch or so from cycling. After that then you might want to start worrying.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Hoping

Postby Hoping » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm

My problem and worry though is if I give it too much time I'll have so much scar tissue there will be no way I can get that much length back that I've lost. I've seen a lot of guys on here say how they were pretty much the same length post op with titans. I've legitimately lost 1.25" from directly before surgery and now current and titans don't improve length wise much. I used to be up to 6.75 before ED so looking at this what I have now is terrible for me.
And then to top it all off have recently developed both hand neuropathy so pumping is hard as hell to do. Going to see my surgeon on Friday. But right now feeling totally fucked over and regretting

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Hoping wrote:My problem and worry though is if I give it too much time I'll have so much scar tissue there will be no way I can get that much length back that I've lost. I've seen a lot of guys on here say how they were pretty much the same length post op with titans. I've legitimately lost 1.25" from directly before surgery and now current and titans don't improve length wise much. I used to be up to 6.75 before ED so looking at this what I have now is terrible for me.
And then to top it all off have recently developed both hand neuropathy so pumping is hard as hell to do. Going to see my surgeon on Friday. But right now feeling totally fucked over and regretting

Edited to add: I just noticed the dates. That puts this post a couple weeks too late for "Hoping", but these thoughts may still be of some help to "Hoping" and perhaps to other men with the same or similar situation. So, I did not change the wording.

Hand strength is required to pump up, but where there is a will, there is a way. Both my thumb joints are deteriorating and pinch strength is nil in my right hand and waning in my left. So, my technique (mandated by the location and orientation of the pump and by my hands) is to wedge the pump bulb between the fingertips of my first and second fingers and the base of my thumb (almost the heel of my hand). The lack of strength of the thumb, thus, is of no consequence.

There is one member here who pumps up by placing a pad on the bathroom counter, laying the pump bulb on the pad and pressing down with his hand.

Your surgeon may suggest a malleable if your hand strength is truly a barrier to pumping. It is a viable solution for many men and AMS has a new device just announced July 29, 2019. I would try to convince my surgeon to give credence to my ingenuity (and desperation) to overcome my hand issues. Your partner may be willing to pump you up as well. Several men here have partners who do, and enjoy helping out in that way.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”