Post OP inflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Post OP inflation

Postby Magicmike » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 am

I read a lot of post from different people on this site about being totally inflated after surgery so the scar tissue can heal around your erect penis so u don't lose length. I've also read where so people don't inflate for 3 weeks. Can anyone fill me in on what is the correct way

Bailey

Re: Post OP inflation

Postby Bailey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am

Hi Magicmike, I don’t really know if there is a correct method or not, but can only say that my surgeon left me 50% inflated for 1 week after surgery. After the 1 week he had me come in & deflated me. I was then told to come in 3 weeks later to be instructed on how to inflate & deflate. I ask him why I couldn’t come back earlier, & he said I wouldn’t be healed enough. From the posts I’ve read here, it seems that the surgeons have their own personal choice.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 am

An opinion. The correct way is the way that your surgeon says to do it. His advice is there to compliment the way he does his surgery. I'm sure that there are many methods for this that all turn out good results. You only need one that works.
Btw, I think bringing up the name of competing doctors during an examine would be considered offensive by most surgeons. My advice for the future. Don't do it again if you want to find a good doctor that will accept you as a patient. Lots of patients with ED, few quality surgeons. You shouldn't alienate any of them.
While giving insurance & health info to my selected surgeons staff. I happened to mention another surgeons name in passing. She pretended to never to of heard of him. When you're a professional in a craft. You know the names of others in that craft.
Here is some tips that I used to find the surgeon that I believe is my guy.
I used the search function of the forum using the surgeons name that I was investigating. Something like 50 pages of hits. I never found a negative comment. It's hard to not upset at least one patient. I called his office yesterday late in the day. Even then I was put in touch with a nice cheerful lady that recorded my info. I had it all the info laid out in front of me. When dealing with professionals, act professional & be prepared with the things that they'll be asking for.
I had made a list of my insurance info. My list of medicines that I take. Name, dose & frequencies. Prior health issues i.e. gall bladder surgery, high statins, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure etc. Get prepared, be ready. You won't get far with the staff if you can't answer their questions.
Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 am

I haven't had my surgery yet, 2 weeks to go, but my doctor said he would keep me in the hospital overnight inflated and deflate the next day and send me home.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

I was sent home flaccid and didn't inflate for 6 weeks and after a year I have my pre-implant length and original girth. I say, let your doctor do it his way, he has done many of them, this is your first.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for your replies every man wants back what he had

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Magicmike wrote:Thanks for your replies every man wants back what he had

Understood, but the flip side is the longer you wait the less time you'll have to enjoy it. Big plus on this, you continue to shrink.
Honestly, the answers are all here. Questions have been asked & answered many multiple times. Get good at using the search function. Why wait for a reply to your question when it's already in the forums history. Much like I did searching for a surgeon. I live in the western USA. The sugeon list is a lot shorter here. I found a couple Dr.s but only a few less than enthusiastic mentions in the forum. The one I'm almost settled on is still a huge days drive from my home, one freaking way.
He's looking good so far. His billing lady is checking my insurance coverage. She did mention that she has ran a few claims through my carrier that didn't even require prior approval. It all depends on what my employer wanted to cover. Wouldn't it be ironic if she got coverage quickly? I can't fit a surgery into my schedule until late fall/early winter.
Again, best of luck. I try to give sincere advice even though I sound harsh. I am trying to steer you into the answers the fastest way that I know of.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”