Feel of implant in a penis.. Questions that I have.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
krh9999

Feel of implant in a penis.. Questions that I have.

Postby krh9999 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:34 am

Hi All:

Just curious for those with the implant.

1. Can you feel the tubes in your penis when you are in a flaccid state?
2. When flaccid, does your penis hang better, floppier, or stick straight out?
3. How high can the pump be placed top hide it?

Thanks for you info, really appreciate it.
52 yo Gay Male. LA/Palm Springs CA. Had Dr. Elist penile/ball implants in 2009. Had it all removed about a year later (don't do it!!!). Silicone injected into scrotum. ED for about 15 years. Was about 8", now 6.5-7" due to venous leak.

Gt1956

Re: Feel of implant in a penis.. Questions that I have.

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 am

I'll venture an opinion on #3. The better the pump is hidden, the harder it will be to use it. Again, an opinion. This sugery has been around for many years. Using a skilled surgeon that has done a fair amount of implants seems wise. He has the skills & knowledge to get the best result with the least obvious visual result.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:22 am

Just implanted on 6/18/19,& no I can’t feel the tubes in my penis. My penis hangs slightly left, not as floppy, and slightly longer than prior to surgery. Will be inflating it for the 1st time on 7/15/19 in the surgeons office, so can’t give you any details on my inflated state.It actually was very short when flaccid prior to surgery and now seems to hang better. Hangs very well, but when urinating you have to be careful peeing as it seems to go in different directions. I either sit down to urinate or squat facing backwards on toilet. That seems to work best. The pump will try to keep rising higher in your scrotum as you heal if you don’t keep pulling it down, & holding it there for a few seconds. My surgeon said that it’s critical to keep the pump low in your scrotum during the healing period. I now find that the pump is starting to stay lower after using this method. Doing this in the shower or bathtub makes it even easier as everything softens up, and is easier to find. You cannot see the pump just just looking at the scrotum.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:32 am

krh9999 wrote:Hi All:

Just curious for those with the implant.

1. Can you feel the tubes in your penis when you are in a flaccid state?
3. How high can the pump be placed top hide it?

Thanks for you info, really appreciate it.

I've been implanted for a year now and love it! If I am completely flaccid, this is where I have squeezed my dick to remove as much fluid as possible, I can feel the cylinders and it hangs just about straight down, but I rarely leave it that way, I like a few pumps in it. My flaccid size is 3" longer then I was before my implant, I WAS a turtle dick, only the tip of it showed most of the time. I only have one testicle, the left, so my pump is on the right side and for me, very visible, which is not a problem since it fills out my sack.
flaccid right 1.JPG
flaccid right 1.JPG (174.69 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 am

krh9999 wrote:1. Can you feel the tubes in your penis when you are in a flaccid state?

The only time I feel the "tubes in my penis" is when I hold it to pee (and I'm used to it so I never even think about it).

When flaccid/uninflated, it hangs down naturally (for its size anyway) in its 3.5" state (it was just 2" flaccid before my implant was inserted).

And there is a pump in my scrotum now as well as two testicles, but it's not visible unless you get very, very, very close -- which I save for my wife (it's not visible in the locker room at all).
Last edited by David_R on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:18 am

krh...my answers to #1 and #2 are: (1) YES, I can feel each of my three tubes in my penis and in front of my pubic bone from day 1. I can actually trace the one from my reservoir from where it exits my abdomen over my pubic bone and to the middle of my pump (Titan Touch). I can also feel each tube where they joins with each 22 cm cylinder down into my scrotum and on each side of my pump. My only concern, and I have received no comments from anyone on FT, is whether or not they should be exiting downward from the cylinders or, as in my case, toward each side of my penis. Probably in every drawing or pictorial representation of an implanted 3-piece you are shown anywhere, the exit points for the tubes is 'down' toward the patient's toes rather than outward to the left and right of the mid line of the body. It is what it is but I can feel them more than most, IMHO.

(2) Since I do not 'totally' squeeze every drop of saline from my cylinders when deflating, my flaccid penis hangs with some prominence in a bulge bending toward the 4:30 or 5 o'clock position. I don't like how the bioflex material folds with sharper corners than the AMS cylinders are said to do. I've learned to live with this even though I was not given the option by my surgeon of whether to have the Titan or AMS product.

I cannot comment on #3 since, it seems, every man is slightly different in anatomical dimensions and each surgeon has his/ her own idea of where the pump should go. If you read FT for any length of time, you'll find men complaining about 'too high' or 'too low' for them. Mine, hangs pretty much OK for my size scrotum. My only issue is with my surgeon's incompetence with my scrotoplasty incision/ implant incision that is over 4" long. When it healed internally, it attached itself to my tubes and pump. You need to communicate your concerns to your surgeon pre-op (if you know enough to do that, which I did not).

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

krh9999

Postby krh9999 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 pm

So from what I am hearing, everyone can feel the tubes in your penis, and some can feel it in other areas. Are the tubes in the penis obvious is someone grabs your penis?
52 yo Gay Male. LA/Palm Springs CA. Had Dr. Elist penile/ball implants in 2009. Had it all removed about a year later (don't do it!!!). Silicone injected into scrotum. ED for about 15 years. Was about 8", now 6.5-7" due to venous leak.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:23 pm

krh...depends upon who grabs your penis. Do you care if he/ she knows you have an implant? That's the key. My wife certainly doesn't care and to those guys who I play with as a bi-, I tell them straight up that I'm implanted. I have no desire to date any more so, to me, it matters not. To singles or widowers, it may. Only they can decide if it's going to be a date-breaker or not. I could speculate all day long about other scenarios but it would take too long and be too dependent upon too many variables. Make your own decision based upon your own situation as it presents itself.

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

My penis flaccid feels about as normal as any can be, hangs straight down. You can not feel the cylinders.

My suggestion for the pump is to put it as low as possible on the scrotum. Mine is right between the testicles and you can not even tell it is there.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Implants”