Loss of libido

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alf 77

Loss of libido

Postby Alf 77 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:36 pm

I have a question. Does anyone know if ED causes loss of libido? Another one. Will my implant give me back my libido too as a result of confidence?
42 years old. Good shape. Double VL, thought It was my imagination. Married for 14 years. Implanted on 15/7/19, 22 cms titan.

Lost Sheep

Re: Loss of libido

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Alf 77 wrote:I have a question. Does anyone know if ED causes loss of libido? Another one. Will my implant give me back my libido too as a result of confidence?

Not in my experience, at least not directly, either question.

ED CAN cause depression (or, at least, discouragement from trying for sex or even a relationship) which, in turn can cause loss of libido.

Long-term failure to perform can generate a loss of confidence. Thankfully, just a few sessions with a penis that (at last) keeps rigidity and with a woman who appreciates it can restore confidence VERY quickly.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Haven’t had my surgery yet but agree 500% with Lost Sheep, happened to me yesterday morning. I just didn’t want to worry or have to go through all the steps. Surgery in 2 weeks!
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Alf,

One thing that will reduce libido is low testosterone. Have you had yours tested recently? It's a simple, inexpensive, blood test and you can get the result within 24 hours. Some clinics will do it without a doctor's order.

If you do have low T you want to fix that first before worrying about other causes for low libido. I've never done it but I think there are gels or patches to supplement testosterone available from doctors.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:23 pm

warrenw wrote:Alf,

One thing that will reduce libido is low testosterone. Have you had yours tested recently? It's a simple, inexpensive, blood test and you can get the result within 24 hours. Some clinics will do it without a doctor's order.

If you do have low T you want to fix that first before worrying about other causes for low libido. I've never done it but I think there are gels or patches to supplement testosterone available from doctors.

Raising your T level is not guaranteed to improve libido. My T was low, and after a course of treatment my level increased significantly, but that had no effect at all on my libido or energy levels.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”