Scrotum fluid following implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Kurt0726

Postby Kurt0726 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi guys. My left half of my it swollen the the max with fluid 10 days post op. Started filling about 3 days ago. I thought maybe I was pulling down too hard on the pump and the saline leaked into my sac, but Dr. Perito told me that isn't the case and the fluid filled sac is normal. I cannot even feel my left testicle it is so full of fluid.Has anyone else experienced this because it looks crazy and its only the left side? If so, how long did it take for the fluid to leave the sac?
25 years old. 20cm Coloplast Titan installed by Doctor Perito 6/19/2019. Pump failure/ revision with titan touch

Quincy

Re: Scrotum fluid following implant

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:06 pm

I had quite a bit of fluid in the sac for about 3 weeks. There was no difference for me between left side and right side, though. It went away slowly. It was harder to feel the pump and the deflate valve with the fluid, especially when my nuts were cold. Getting into a tub of very hot water helped a lot. It felt wonderful and it let my sack relax and stretch out. I started cycling the implant after just a week and it was much, much easier in hot water. I even bought a hot tub partially due to how great it felt post implant and how much easier to inflate.

You should check with your doctor before you get into a tub of any kind. My guess is that Perito would approve it earlier than some others. I was OK'd for the hot bath on day 3, and my surgeon also does "minimally invasive" surgery as does Perito.

I was a little concerned about how much fluid was in there after 3 weeks and went to see my local urologist - not the guy 700 miles away that did the surgery but my local guy who also does implants, so he knew what to look for. He said it was normal and not to worry about it. But given your concerns, I'd suggest you make a visit with someone to check it out.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Kurt0726

Postby Kurt0726 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Thank you Quincy. 3 weeks is a long time. Did the fluid hurt? Mine is a bit painful.
25 years old. 20cm Coloplast Titan installed by Doctor Perito 6/19/2019. Pump failure/ revision with titan touch

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:11 am

I am not sure if mine was fluid or what, but on my second revision my scrotum got big, but I thought it was just the swelling. After applying ice packs several times a day, the swelling started to go down and the bruising also started to go away. Ice packs will help you a lot.

I am sure you will be just fine. Good luck!
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:58 am

Too soon man.....patience.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

505AbqNM

Postby 505AbqNM » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:34 pm

Kurt0726,

I am eight weeks out from surgery and I have had a fluid filled sack inside the left side of my scrotum for the last 3 to 4 weeks, I am guessing a little larger than a walnut.
I contacted Dr. Kramer and he suspects it is a seroma, a sack of serous fluid, rather than a hematoma, and it should dissipate on it’s own. Seromas are not uncommon with surgeries.
It is not painful at all but it is leakproof. I cannot just squeeze out the fluid as it maintains its volume. What is really strange is that I am convinced the pump is inside this fluid sack as I can shape the sack and the pump seems to be moving around inside of it.
Again it is not painful at all and doesn’t bother me during sex but it does make cycling a little less convenient.
I currently have a query to dr Kramer for suggested heat or cold application to help the fluid dissipate. He may already be out of touch for the month of July, however.
Internet research indicates that seromas can take several weeks to even months to completely dissipate on their own.
Personally I’m going to allow about eight weeks for the seroma to dissipate on it’s own, or at least see noticeable improvement, before I pursue active remediation with dr Kramer
Married, age:67, work fulltime, Type2 diabetic, worsening ED since 2012, all meds ineffective by 2019. Bionic on May 1, 2019 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan XL, standard pump, 24cm + 1RTE, best TriMix sizes realized, G~6", L~7.5”, pump revision Nov 2019

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Good info, 505. Thanks.

Kurt, for me the fluid did not hurt, just made it hard to find the deflate valve and to have enough room to inflate/deflate easily. Again, being in a tub of hot water helped with both of those things.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:27 pm

505AbqNM is correct and described my experience. Dr.Kramer said it was likely lymph and would go away in a few weeks. I asked him if I could draw it out with a syringe and he gave me his approval. I drew out 3 test vials and he was correct it was lymphatic fluid. Issue did not come back.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:39 pm

alibaba wrote:505AbqNM is correct and described my experience. Dr.Kramer said it was likely lymph and would go away in a few weeks. I asked him if I could draw it out with a syringe and he gave me his approval. I drew out 3 test vials and he was correct it was lymphatic fluid. Issue did not come back.

You're my kind of guy. My first thought was "yup, I can drain that. Just avoid the pump." Just to document this. About how many cc's did you drain?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:14 am

I would have to search my threads to be sure but I think about 15 total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”