Getting an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alf 77

Re: Getting an implant

Postby Alf 77 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:11 pm

What would have happened if I chose not to have an implant? My ED would progressively would get worse? Thank you. I’m fucking scared! My surgery is in 5 days! Will I have a smaller dick?
42 years old. Good shape. Double VL, thought It was my imagination. Married for 14 years. Implanted on 15/7/19, 22 cms titan.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Alf 77 wrote:What would have happened if I chose not to have an implant? My ED would progressively would get worse?

If you choose not to implant, you should keep up a regimen to maintain the health and elasticity of your penis. Regularly occurring nocturnal erections as well as daytime erections keep men without E.D. healthy in that area. Vacuum therapy or regular erections obtained chemically can do that.

Tomorrow (however unlikely) there may be a new treatment for E.D. or even a cure (note that an implant does not cure E.D. - in fact, it makes it worse because is destroys/removes/damages the corpus cavernosum tissue even while making hydraulic erections possible. Implant is simply a mechanical treatment.) A new treatment is unlikely and every day you forego implant is another day without possibility of coitus.

Alf 77 wrote:I’m fucking scared! My surgery is in 5 days!

Knowledge dispels fear and doubt. I spent a year researching implants and even longer researching E.D. That knowledge left me with no doubts and prior to surgery, I had none, nor even a moment of doubt (the "What the f--- did I do to myself?" moment many men have mentioned) afterwards.

If you are truly scared or in doubt, reschedule.

You have a few days to educate yourself into confidence.

Alf 77 wrote:Will I have a smaller dick?

Talk to your surgeon...extensively. Ask how aggressively he sizes his patients and let him know your concerns. Most men do not lose size. Size retention depends on many factors, including post-op rehabilitation. Early activation of the implant helps immensely (but is uncomfortable to the point of being too painful for many men to perform). Penile implant is not different that rotator cuff surgery in that regard.

Read this thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11269
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Most men do not lose size.

This is true. Losing size with an implant is a real minority. (I got my full pre-prostatectomy size back with my implant.) :)

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm

You chose a good doctor. The one I am considering was trained by Dr Perito, just does way less operations per year. I am putting it on hold for the moment. Im 32.

Please keep us updated the day of and after the surgery. I am always looking for people's stories. How much do you expect to pay out of pocket?
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Alf 77

Postby Alf 77 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Of course I will post my experience. This forum has helped me tremendously. And the cost out of pocket for me was the whole thing, 24k usd as my country insurance doesn’t cover that. I will fight it for sure afterwards with the insurance company. Already paid so there’s no going back for me...
42 years old. Good shape. Double VL, thought It was my imagination. Married for 14 years. Implanted on 15/7/19, 22 cms titan.

moet78

Postby moet78 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:44 pm

ViaSwiss is the doctor you are considering in Italy by any chance?

Alf 77

Postby Alf 77 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Paul Perito in Miami.

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Alf,
I'm going bionic 9 days after you, I not very nervous at all, mostly excited. I've done a reasonable amount of research and I think I have a very good understanding of what is going to happen. I didn't have any trouble with urologists. The first one I saw doesn't do implants anymore and knows Dr. Lentz at Duke personally and got me on the fast track to see him. My wife is VERY supportive and grins when I pick on her about getting pounded by a hard cock again. I know it will be a journey but it should be much more rewarding than the first part of my ed journey. Good luck next week and we should compare notes as we go through this journey at almost the this time.

Good luck,
Tom
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Alf 77

Postby Alf 77 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Thank you!

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:10 pm

I looked forward to my implant and never looked back! I had NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. It's been a year now and LOVE my implant, my new flaccid dick size and being able to stay hard for as long as I like. It is the best gift I could have given myself. I am the same size in length and girth erect as I have ever been.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”