Coloplast vs AMS re: Length Reduction

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alniter

Coloplast vs AMS re: Length Reduction

Postby Alniter » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:51 am

I've read in several places that a possible negative about Coloplast implants is loss of length. I've seen reports of losing anywhere from 1/2 inch to 2 inches(!). The AMS implants expand lengthwise as well as girth-wise, which to me would mean staying much closer to original length. Is there anyone here with a Coloplast implant that resulted in NO loss of length? And any AMS patients who lost length? The Coloplast is more rigid by most accounts, but the potential loss of length doesn't sound like a fair trade-off to me, especially if it varies as wildly as the research leads one to believe. I'm no giant, but would love to stick as close to top-of-average as possible!
Early 60s with partner of nearly 20 years (soon to be hubby), PFS and no tolerance for ED pill side effects (migraine, anyone? no? didn't think so.)

"The nice thing about true hopelessness is that you don't have to try again." - Jules Shear

Lost Sheep

Re: Coloplast vs AMS re: Length Reduction

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Only the AMS LGX lengthens. The AMS CX is not advertised as lengthening. Nor does their narrow model (I can't remember the model name) expand in length. The narrow model is used for men whose tunica is narrowed by scar tissue, genes or other cause. Coloplast also has a narrow model for the same reasons.

There is still some confusion over whether the LGX lengthens between flaccid and erect or over time (months). Or both.

Length loss with the Coloplast devices is no more likely than with the AMS devices. Length loss is the result of any number of factors (poor memory of the patient, selective memory of the patient being the most common, but scar tissue shortening and improper measuring by the surgeon also possible causes). It is important to remember that comparing size at 18 years of age to post-implant size at 60 (or even 25 after some time of poor or absent erections) is not a valid comparison. Comparing erect length (by whatever means you can get an erection to measure) the day before surgery and after fully recovered from the surgery (my guess, about 6-12 weeks) is the only valid comparison.

varies as wildly as the research leads one to believe

What research? The medical literature I have read indicates no loss of length attributable to the device. Either device. Rather, all the investigations I have seen suggest length loss is due to other identifiable factors (for example, scar tissue formation (pseudo-capsule) after implantation surrounding and encapsulating the device).
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Alniter

Postby Alniter » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Good info. Looks like I still have a lot of research to do. No solid decision yet, so I have time. Thanks.

I guess I was spooked by anecdotal posts about Coloplast and length loss, maybe their memories were enhanced as well. The actual Coloplast info book I received from my urologist says that it isn't unusual to lose a couple centimeters (3/4 inch roughly). I did find from the online NIH library an Asian study discussing aggressive sizing and followup to prevent length loss as well, which is encouraging.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5000799/
Early 60s with partner of nearly 20 years (soon to be hubby), PFS and no tolerance for ED pill side effects (migraine, anyone? no? didn't think so.)

"The nice thing about true hopelessness is that you don't have to try again." - Jules Shear

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Alniter wrote:Good info. Looks like I still have a lot of research to do. No solid decision yet, so I have time. Thanks.

I guess I was spooked by anecdotal posts about Coloplast and length loss, maybe their memories were enhanced as well. The actual Coloplast info book I received from my urologist says that it isn't unusual to lose a couple centimeters (3/4 inch roughly).

I have the
Coloplast and after a year I have the same length erect as I have always had. The only length that did change is my flaccid length, went from less then an inch to over 3.5"! Love my implant.
DSCN1789.JPG
DSCN1789.JPG (130.98 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
Last edited by Happy Toy on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Absolutely no loss of length once inflated but definitely longer and greater girth whilst flaccid.
Cycling for about 18 months plus lots of sex and masturbation seemed to contribute greatly to my final outcome.
My surgeon chose the Titan once I was anaesthetised...... no discussion. It would seem my stretched size dictated his choice. Yes I do have a bulge, it is enhanced by the fact that my cock looks and feels better with a few pumps always in.
Not concerned about anybody staring or noticing. Blokes in Australia never would and good luck to any woman who does :)
Attachments
61147272-57EF-4EEF-8F9C-B29018BDD5AD.jpeg
61147272-57EF-4EEF-8F9C-B29018BDD5AD.jpeg (186.57 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
A25CDDAA-8C49-4BB6-8C57-8B4CD6511829.jpeg
A25CDDAA-8C49-4BB6-8C57-8B4CD6511829.jpeg (223.48 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
674A7A3C-EEB5-4673-9A82-4FBFA7596779.jpeg
674A7A3C-EEB5-4673-9A82-4FBFA7596779.jpeg (307.35 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm

No loss of length with my AMS 700 CX. Same length, much girthier. Only thing I didn't like but no biggie was pre-surgery erection (when it was still happening...) I had the triangle shape of the two side blood tubes and the uretha on the bottom. Post-surgery erections have lost the triangle. Sides are there and firm as hell but nothing on the bottom. Kind of oval shaped. But hey, nobody is complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:39 pm

larrys1 wrote:No loss of length with my AMS 700 CX. Same length, much girthier. Only thing I didn't like but no biggie was pre-surgery erection (when it was still happening...) I had the triangle shape of the two side blood tubes and the uretha on the bottom. Post-surgery erections have lost the triangle. Sides are there and firm as hell but nothing on the bottom. Kind of oval shaped. But hey, nobody is complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXACTLY my experience.

With sexual excitement, I get a little rounder (spongiosum still gets tumescent) but NO ONE has complained. On the contrary my girlfriend is 100% complimentary.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

palace01

Postby palace01 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Based on my recent "famous 2 inches" posting not everybody agrees with me, but I believe that any major loss of length is due to the implant surgeon, and not the implant model choice.
I first had an 'unusable' AMS that seemed very narrow compared to pre-surgery when flaccid, so when I got the revision I chose Coioplast using the knowledge that it supposedly gives a wider implant.
Unfortunately I lost 2+" length(fact, not bad memory), and now have a model that does not grow in length..
So now I wish I had chosen AMS in the hope that it would have recovered SOME of my length...
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm no doctor, but if you had no underlying conditions like Peyronies or scarring and you lost 2", I think your doc mis-measured you.

I was right at my lifelong length right out of the box.

I notice I've picked up at least 1/4" since then.
Hey, it all helps?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:30 pm

According to Dr Eid he said that no implant will give u more length. He said he can give u what u have now nothing more. I read a lot of post saying that AMS will give u more length. I would love to hear replies

Return to “Implants”