Proper way to tape penis 1st few days of post op?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bailey

Proper way to tape penis 1st few days of post op?

Postby Bailey » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Surgery was 6/18/19. I noticed that my penis was mummy wrapped, but was not taped & pointing toward my belly button. I had a mummy wrap on my scrotum and another one on my penis.Home care nurse took off mummy wrap on 6/19 leaving it angled to the left. They didn’t tape penis to my stomach and pointing towards my belly button. Were you guys left with your penis not taped & just left to point any direction? I’m concerned that while healing it will continue to point to the left. It’s only been 6 days since my surgery so hoping that when I see the surgeon tomorrow we can discuss the protocol on how my penis should have been left. It was straight prior to surgery using my VED.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

dg_moore

Re: Proper way to tape penis 1st few days of post op?

Postby dg_moore » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:12 pm

I wasn't taped or mummy wrapped. I had a hospital issued supporter that was padded with a bunch of gauze. Otherwise I was just commando.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:41 pm

Same here. Got out of surgery. Had a small bandage. Slept a bit. Woke up. That was taken off. Put some really tight boxers on. Went home. No bandage at all. Just a bit of gauze over my incision.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Lester33

Postby Lester33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Bailey,
This photo was taken second day after surgery back in our hotel room. I was infra pubic as well and stayed like this until my followup visit when the drain and staples were removed, no tape and didn't hang in any one direction. Drove back from Miami to Fort Myers but did sit on a bag of ice. Hope this helps you and I too had trouble peeing until things settled down.
IPP on 6/22/2018 by Dr. Perito, Miami, FL.
22cm Coloplast Titan, 2 RTE
Testosterone therapy
Cancer free seven years, married fifty years, wonderful sex life

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks guys, You always provide me with replies, & photos that help when I’ve had a concern.
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Return to “Implants”