Need Direction

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DennisL

Need Direction

Postby DennisL » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Hey guys, I had a Titan OTR by Coloplast implant inserted by Dr. Bruce Garber of Philadelphia, PA in February of 2012. About two years ago it stopped pumping up fully, it now inflates to about 60-70%.

I have been told by Dr. Garber and one other penile implant Doctor that since my implant is over four years old that I need to have it replaced instead of repaired, which is fine with me.

I currently am living outside the USA but was planning to have Dr. Garber do the replacement when I was back in the States, February of 2020. However, I think I have developed an infection with my implant now and so I may need to speed up this time-line. The problem is that I just found out that Dr. Garber has left the practice and no longer does implants.

So it appears that I am in need of a new doctor to asses if I do have an infection in my implant and then to do a 'salvage' replacement procedure or whatever else my need done.

Any recommendations on another great doctor for me to contact. He can be in the USA or outside the USA, that does not matter that much to me; but what does matter is that he be as good as Dr. Garber was or better - I am sure all of you understand why I say that.

Thanks,
Den

dirtman1993

Re: Need Direction

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Dr. Kramer, he along with Eid are two of the best.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

DennisL

Postby DennisL » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Dirtman1993, thank you for your suggestion. I have gone on line and checked out Dr. Kramer and he seems like the man I want doing my replacement for several different reasons. I will contact his office and see what needs to be done to get the ball rolling on this.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 pm

If you prefer someone on the west coast, I'd recommend Dr. Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley. He does a lot of revisions and seems to be a real expert. His forte is helping keep size and reduce time to heal with minimally invasive surgery.

Whatever you choose, best wishes!

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “Implants”