Who here has had the most revisions?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ViaSwiss

Who here has had the most revisions?

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Just out of curiosity who has had the most revisions here? Are the revisions easier each time? Does scar tissue or loss of sensation set in at all after 3 or 4 revisions?

I am 32 so if I get implanted I am looking at 5 or more revisions the rest of my life.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Lost Sheep

Re: Who here has had the most revisions?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Service life of implants (absent complications or manufacturing defects) is getting longer as the manufacturers refine their processes. I would expect an implant of current manufacture to last 10-15 years and in another 10 years, that may reasonably be expected to go up to 20 years. If you expect to live to 100, 4 implants with service life of 16 years would probably do. That would be the virgin implant plus 3 revisions.

There is one member here who got an implant over 22 years ago and it still works, by his reporting.

I congratulate you on your foresight.

To actually attempt an answer to your second question,

I speculate that, absent nerve damage during the operations, you would experience no loss of sensation. The operation is internal. Your sensations are mostly at the skin, with some degree of sensation coming from pressure which could be felt inside your body.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:21 pm

On my third implant (2 revisions) I'd say SURGEON SURGEON SURGEON. My first implant was botched by my local urologist (it's not rocket science, he said). Much of my loss of sensation I blame on him. Even though Dr Perito "met some complications", my first revision went well.....no more noticeable loss of sensation but still some "cold head". Three years later, Dr Perito met more complications with what was now my third implant. I lost some more sensation. Most disturbing to me, my "cowgirl orgasms" stopped.

Whatever the complications, I love my little Titan and take it "out to lay" regularly. My sex life was "on life support", now I can play!

Again: SURGEON, SURGEON, SURGEON.......and, if he's a Urologist in Plantation Florida....STAY AWAY.....he don't know shit 'bout rocket science.....

Good luck man!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 pm

LMCatman wrote:Most disturbing to me, my "cowgirl orgasms" stopped.
!

I feel for you. I adore cowgirl. But I have to ask, whose orgasms stopped, hers, yours or both of you?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:19 pm

After my first implant which lasted 15 years, I have had two revisions. Second only lasted 20 months and I believe the MS pump failed even though the surgeon didn't really know what cause the failure. Never got a straight answer. So they done a partial revision which means they still used the same cylinders just pulled them more into the gland, but changed the reservoir and pump. The last partial that I had done the recovery was amazing. Can't remember now, but I was all healed up in about twenty eight days and the doctor gave me the green light to use it. So my point is that revisions are easier for me anyways on recovery then the first.
But I am very happy with the implants and highly recommend them to anybody that has suffered from ED. ED to me is a very depressing and a man does not have to suffer for years when the technology is here and it works.
Good luck!
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:28 pm

mine only.....cowgirl is still a thrill, just no more "super-orgasms".....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”