Malleable implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Palmtree

Malleable implant

Postby Palmtree » Thu May 30, 2019 12:41 pm

I’m now six week’s post surgery and (so far) infection free. Saw the surgeon who told me that the original plan for an inflatable implant was abandoned when intraoperatively I had a perforation of my left proximal crUS. The perforation was quite large and in view of this The surgeon elected to place a malleable penile implant instead. So I have a slightly shorter malleable implant on my left to ensure there is no extrusion from the left side, stitched in place. It means my penis hangs about 20 degrees off to the left (I.e.pointing between 10 and 11 o’clock). Bending the rods downwards doesn’t really help hide the bulge due to the shortness of my penis and the bend to the left. I feel very self conscious as it sticks out so much.

The surgeon suggested if I wasn’t happy I could possibly have the inflatable implant fitted but not in the next six months. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been in the same position as me with a shorter rod on one side, and whether they opted for revision surgical procedure to have inflatable device fitted.

TANGERINE

Re: Malleable implant

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:08 am

you should do everything you can to get the inflatable 3 piece implant (AMS or TITAN). The inflatable is much much better than the malleable.

The reision surgery might be tricky, though, so you might need to go to one of the grand master surgeons.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 am

Just an unsolicited opinion from an internet stranger. In my opinion, which might not be worth much. I believe that this has moved into the advanced skill category. I don't see who your sugeon is. But I would suggest, strongly, that you seek out a more skilled surgeon. This doesn't sound like something to be treated by any old local yocal. I'm guessing that this isn't something they train for. You need a Dr. with some great experience behind him. Think about it. How often does a surgeon have a need to work on a crus?
You could start by sending copies of your surgery report to some better know surgeons that you'd be willing to travel to. I bet some of them have dealt with this before. You don't want to be your guys learning project.
Btw, it sounds to me like he is washing his hands of this. I wish you the best of luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 am

Palmtree wrote:I’m now six week’s post surgery and (so far) infection free. Saw the surgeon who told me that the original plan for an inflatable implant was abandoned when intraoperatively I had a perforation of my left proximal crUS. The perforation was quite large and in view of this The surgeon elected to place a malleable penile implant instead. So I have a slightly shorter malleable implant on my left to ensure there is no extrusion from the left side, stitched in place. It means my penis hangs about 20 degrees off to the left (I.e.pointing between 10 and 11 o’clock). Bending the rods downwards doesn’t really help hide the bulge due to the shortness of my penis and the bend to the left. I feel very self conscious as it sticks out so much.

The surgeon suggested if I wasn’t happy I could possibly have the inflatable implant fitted but not in the next six months. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been in the same position as me with a shorter rod on one side, and whether they opted for revision surgical procedure to have inflatable device fitted.

Terribly sorry about your rotten luck. It's heartbreaking when you wake up and find out h
that things didn't go so well. Although my story is not entirely like your, I certainly can relate. When I went septic and had my first implant removed, I was heartbroken. Especially because the surgeon said I had to wait for 6 months and even then there was no guarantee that he could re-implant me. That was the longest 6 months of my life. 6 months later my incredible surgeon and the plastic surgeon went in and did a fantastic job of putting Humpty together again. Wait the 6 months and get the implant... you will never regret it. :)

Larry

nuance

Postby nuance » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Palmtree wrote:I’m now six week’s post surgery and (so far) infection free. Saw the surgeon who told me that the original plan for an inflatable implant was abandoned when intraoperatively I had a perforation of my left proximal crUS. The perforation was quite large and in view of this The surgeon elected to place a malleable penile implant instead. So I have a slightly shorter malleable implant on my left to ensure there is no extrusion from the left side, stitched in place. It means my penis hangs about 20 degrees off to the left (I.e.pointing between 10 and 11 o’clock). Bending the rods downwards doesn’t really help hide the bulge due to the shortness of my penis and the bend to the left. I feel very self conscious as it sticks out so much.

Do we know if this perforation was created during the surgery while working on the fibrotic tissue?

Return to “Implants”