How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_R
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Northeast Maryland

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby David_R » Wed May 29, 2019 8:34 am

Lost Sheep wrote:...in time, about 30 to 45 seconds

Around 30 seconds for me, too.
Age 69. Prostatectomy in 2000. My urologist (for over 20 years) has been Dr. Marc Siegelbaum of Chesapeake Urology, in the Baltimore suburb of Towson. I have LGX, and after regular inflating I regained my original length. (My wife and I love it!)

George03
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:25 am

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby George03 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:41 am

About 30 pumps, under a minute. Still arguing with insurance company, the office said it was approved, insurance denied after the fact. Worse case, I am getting billed for about $4000.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

Bigdog1
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby Bigdog1 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Deductible $300... insurance picked up the rest.... approximately 25 pumps
39, Venous leakage..implanted with 23cm TITAN on 4/3/19 by a rockstar of a Doc..Dr. Perito

trlewis35
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby trlewis35 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm scheduled to be implanted on July 24th and my insurance doesn't cover it. My quote is for $21,362.85 plus anesthesiologists charges that we don't know yet.
50yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years

Piddlin
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Near Baton Rouge,LA

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby Piddlin » Thu May 30, 2019 2:12 pm

My was $20,000 with Cornell in Texas. I too was out of pocket so I brokered it through Surgeo.com. The amount covered everything including $50k of complication insurance. Their service was fantastic.

As for as pumps go I would imagine the number of pumps to inflate. That really depends on which one you get and the size. It take about 50 for me to max out and it only takes a minute or so.

Hope this helps,
Best of Luck
60 yo with ED since RP in 1/2013. March 31, 2017 implanted with AMS CX MS 700, 21 cm with 1cm RTE

HomeTeam
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby HomeTeam » Thu May 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Piddlin wrote:My was $20,000 with Cornell in Texas. I too was out of pocket so I brokered it through Surgeo.com. The amount covered everything including $50k of complication insurance. Their service was fantastic.

As for as pumps go I would imagine the number of pumps to inflate. That really depends on which one you get and the size. It take about 50 for me to max out and it only takes a minute or so.

Hope this helps,
Best of Luck

My cost was $25,000 but I have good insurance through my job, so I only paid $500 deductible for surgery and 1 night stay in the Hospital.

4 months out of surgery and I'm 30+ pumps in under 2 minutes to get fully erect.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

strongagain
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:17 am

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby strongagain » Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 am

Medical aid paid every cent.

40 pumps. The joints of my thumps are a bit sore, therefore I don‘t press 'wall to wall'. Otherwise 30-35 pumps might be sufficient.
67, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08 2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in South Africa

William8
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby William8 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:04 am

Anyone have advice in dealing with the VA in order to assist in the procedure?

thanks.
3 years suffering from peyronie's / penile deformity causing loss in length and girth. Cialis + Pentox but continued shrinkage. Erections less frequent and quality poorer. Attempting to find out more about implants. 39 years old

Lost Sheep
Posts: 2120
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 pm

William8 wrote:Anyone have advice in dealing with the VA in order to assist in the procedure?

thanks.

MOST IMPORTANT!

Enlist the aid and support of your primary care physician.

Several years ago, I bit the bullet and admitted to my PCP that I had E.D. and he prescribed Sildenafil (Viagra), and when its effectiveness waned, the other oral medications in succession. After those lost effectiveness, I researched E.D. and available treatments. I discussed injections (which I did not want to do for a number of reasons) and urethral suppositories (also not a desirable option), V.E.D. and Constriction rings and he suggested that I was a good candidate for implant. He initiated a consultation with a local urologist. I researched for a bit more and selected a physician who did implants. AND who would make me an integral part of the decision-making.

Every step of the way, I ensured that I was fully informed on the medical issues and at least partially informed on the bureaucratic ones. I am certain my degree of self-education helped boost my PCP's support for and trust in me.

He remarked a couple of times that I knew more about E.D. than he did. (As an aside, this confidence in my self-education is carrying over onto issues with my thumb joints.)

I am a participatory patient. That is the way I am. There are people who prefer to let their medical care providers make all the decisions for them and I will not fault them for that, if they are more comfortable that way. That is the way they are. It is a matter of preference, choice and probably upbringing.
Lost Sheep
Born 1948 AMS LGX 18+3 implant Nov 6, 2017 by Dr Tavis Shaw. Spent 14 months researching in effort to optimize outcome. After 30 yrs of progressive unrecognized ED I will do this RIGHT; no second chance with one's first.
Anchorage AK, USA

William8
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: How much did your implant cost you & how many pumps?

Postby William8 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
William8 wrote:Anyone have advice in dealing with the VA in order to assist in the procedure?

thanks.

MOST IMPORTANT!

Enlist the aid and support of your primary care physician.

Several years ago, I bit the bullet and admitted to my PCP that I had E.D. and he prescribed Sildenafil (Viagra), and when its effectiveness waned, the other oral medications in succession. After those lost effectiveness, I researched E.D. and available treatments. I discussed injections (which I did not want to do for a number of reasons) and urethral suppositories (also not a desirable option), V.E.D. and Constriction rings and he suggested that I was a good candidate for implant. He initiated a consultation with a local urologist. I researched for a bit more and selected a physician who did implants. AND who would make me an integral part of the decision-making.

Every step of the way, I ensured that I was fully informed on the medical issues and at least partially informed on the bureaucratic ones. I am certain my degree of self-education helped boost my PCP's support for and trust in me.

He remarked a couple of times that I knew more about E.D. than he did. (As an aside, this confidence in my self-education is carrying over onto issues with my thumb joints.)

I am a participatory patient. That is the way I am. There are people who prefer to let their medical care providers make all the decisions for them and I will not fault them for that, if they are more comfortable that way. That is the way they are. It is a matter of preference, choice and probably upbringing.



Thank you, Lost Sheep. I appreciate the input. Yes, "take the bull by the horns." I have seen many urologists but everyone states, "implants are a final option." They state that I am too young and still can get adequate erections and I should exhaust all other options. I have done exhaustive research on my particular issue which is different than most everyone else's. Urologists and physicians are perplexed. But even if I was able to have an agreeable physician, my insurance does not cover "sexual disfunctions." this is why I was interested in the VA route. Thanks again. I'll keep plugging along.
3 years suffering from peyronie's / penile deformity causing loss in length and girth. Cialis + Pentox but continued shrinkage. Erections less frequent and quality poorer. Attempting to find out more about implants. 39 years old


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Quincy, SW0110 and 13 guests