Couple Questions Regarding Implants (Young Man) ...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
davewassab

Couple Questions Regarding Implants (Young Man) ...

Postby davewassab » Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I have some concerns regarding implants, if anyone can get back to me on those point I would appreciate it. For point of reference, I am a 35 year old male, single, decently in shape. Got an accident down there years back which required me to use pills, and those are becoming less and less effective every year.

1. I read on the forums that upon revisions, some surgeons leave the reservoir in there and put a new one on the other side. What about if you are young and will need couple revisions in your lifetime? How does it work? Will the pubic region be full of reservoirs over time? Couldn't find more info on that.

2. If the girth is tapered (base has more girth than towards the head), will that be a problem for the implant? Will girth even out of how will it work?

3. One of my main concerns due to young age is really the revisions ... I see on here many people going through revisions couple years after getting their implant (nowhere near the 10-15 years manufacturer promise). How many revisions are possible? or is it not limited? Also with additional revisions, do you lose more sensitivity or other functions ?

4. What are the requirements for implants and how fast can it be done? If I am paying out of pocket and don't have insurance? I am from Canada, not sure I would want to go through the whole procedure here and wait 2 years, I would rather pay out of pocket and go with a top surgeon like Eid or Kramer from what I read.

5. I read somewhere that an infection can occur years and years later ... How does that happen? Is it a implant based infection? or meaning any infection down there can turn into a bigger problem for the implant?

6. Also on revisions, a big part of the implant goes inside the body (crease) ... does the crease get eventually get stretched out and leads to poorer erection quality and angle? or nothing to worry about there?

Thank you so much for the help. it is very hard to make such a drastic decision knowing there is no going back.

davewassab

Re: Couple Questions Regarding Implants (Young Man) ...

Postby davewassab » Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 am

Another question is from the moment I take the decision, how fast can the whole processs be done with?

Thanks guys

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 28, 2019 12:11 pm

davewassab wrote:Hello everyone,

it is very hard to make such a drastic decision knowing there is no going back.

If it is hard to make the decision, consider that you may not be ready yet.

If your erection quality is not entirely absent or unusable, the less invasive treatments may be more appropriate for the time being. I urge you to exhaust all the other treatments (lifestyle changes, the entire spectrum of oral medications, urethral suppositories, vacuum device, injections and whatever may be developed before the only option is an implant). Reversible changes may give you enough time to recover your erectile abilities or medical science produce a better solution than the blunt instrument of an implant.

I plan to address your other questions when I have some time, as I am on break at work presently.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

davewassab

Postby davewassab » Thu May 30, 2019 10:07 am

Would really like some inputs if possible on my points :)

I appreciate all your answers

Thanks

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:42 am

Sorry but I don't see much to reply to.
#1 isn't an issue. Just because one reservoir gets left in occasionally doesn't mean it's commonly done. Actually the reservoir is a simple device & is likely left in & used with the new implant.
#2 a tapered penis is normal. Where is the problem here?
#3 you are reading about the revisions because that is what the guys need help understanding. Many guys never have any need for a revision. They aren't here complaining. They are home banging.
#4 expect good surgeons to have a waiting list. I seem to remember reading that Dr. Kramer was scheduling surgeries in September of this year. Long waiting times are not normal in the USA medical system like the 2 years that you mention. Side note, I've read that American cities near the Canadian border do a brisk business with Canadians that don't want to wait for their system to get around to them.
#5 infections in the body happen all the time. Think boils & cysts. Diabetics are mainly at risk for implant infections.
#6 don't worry about it. Not an issue. Very short controlled incision. If there is excess scarring the surgeon just trims it back. Look at women & multiple abdomen surgeries. My wife had probably had her abdomen cut into over 10 times. No issues.
If you are worried that you may want to return to your current erection problems then you don't need an implant. Bottom line, implants for the vast majority of men gives them a rock hard penis that they'd replace in a heartbeat if it was to fail. Using the search function. Look for & read posts from happy couples.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:56 am

Dave: I think a conversation would be better than text responses. I would be glad to talk with you. I have never had a revision, so I can not speak to that. Larry the moderator is a Canadian andmight be a good resource. PM Me with a phone number and a good time to talk for about a half hour.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

davewassab

Postby davewassab » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks for all the answers guys.

Was wondering if there any young guys (30-40) willing to talk about some concerns i have ??

Thanks

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:48 pm

davewassab wrote:Thanks for all the answers guys.

Was wondering if there any young guys (30-40) willing to talk about some concerns i have ??

Thanks

I’m 41 and was implanted at 35. Lmk.

Return to “Implants”