Had appointment, Got approved by Insurance...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
marlow13

Had appointment, Got approved by Insurance...

Postby marlow13 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:24 pm

I had my appointment with my doctor here in Nashville, TN. I have been approved by my insurance company and the procedure is completely covered. So now I'm afraid to commit to the procedure. My wife says its up to me... Just afraid something going to go wrong and I'm gonna end up with a 2 inch dick. He did the step on my foot, pull my penis out as far as it would go and said, "Thats the size its going to be and that's gonna be a good size penis". So I'm not asking anyone to talk me into it, Im just asking for some confidence that this is gonna work for me like its worked for you.

So I guess I'm really asking you to talk me into it...lol. Sorry, just unsure.
58 y/o PCA 18 on March 2017. Biopsy 8.6 Gleason. Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. .02 at Follow ups so far. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Urology Associates Nashville, TN.

marlow13

Re: Had appointment, Got approved by Insurance...

Postby marlow13 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:26 pm

and if there is anyone brave enough to show and tell with me here in Nashville, TN it would be greatly appreciated.
58 y/o PCA 18 on March 2017. Biopsy 8.6 Gleason. Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. .02 at Follow ups so far. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Urology Associates Nashville, TN.

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Sat May 25, 2019 8:24 am

Congratulation on getting everything approved. Take your time and find a doctor and facility that you can have faith in.
I'm 9 days into mine and although I won't be able to take it for a test drive for 4+ weeks, I'm so glad that I had it done. I wish that I had had it done 10 years ago. At the same time, my doctor has been my urologist during those 10 years. Not only was he a Coloplast center of excellence, but he was also the most competent doctors that I ever had which made my decision to have him do the surgery easy.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

marlow13

Postby marlow13 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:14 pm

@andrew1959 I really hope i can find the right doctor. I've seen one doctor here and he uses the AMS 700 LGX. He actually teaches the procedure and has done well over 5,000 procedures. He made me feel real confident in having the procedure, but still...I just want to be ready for the disappointment if my procedure doesnt go as it should...I guess its all fear.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Honestly I'm going to try to cheer you onward. Was your stretched length in the acceptable range, plus or minus a little bit? If yes then there you go.
If not, there are a few strategies to maybe gain you a little bit. A penis pump might gain you some lost ground barring any scarring that you might have.
Worries about losing length? It seems that a slight reduction is normal. But regaining most or all of that back seems to be normal also.
It is a surgery, shit does happen. Ask your doctor what his solution is to the most common complications. If he has a reasonable answer for each worst case then he is the right doctor for you.
My wife went through a pretty extensive jaw surgery. The doc was great. He showed me every possible complication that could happen. Then he explained exactly how he would correct it. The guy was almost a god. Everything that went wrong he had the treatment right there. No humming or hawing. You need a doc with that background. Btw, you may of already found him.
If he gives you those vibes then make that leap of faith. Best of luck to you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”