The Implant Surgery.......Video

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bigdog4all

The Implant Surgery.......Video

Postby Bigdog4all » Thu May 23, 2019 8:27 am

Thought I would go out and look at the Implant surgery.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRoLFf9wRj0

This is some scary $%^&*(. Is this what actually takes place? I would have to build up some balls to go through this surgery. The Penis Pump continues to be my best choice. This surgery requires a complete thought process through and through.

My hat off to those that took the plunge to go for it.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

DaveKell

Re: The Implant Surgery.......Video

Postby DaveKell » Thu May 23, 2019 9:07 am

I made the MISTAKE of watching a number of those procedures before having my implant surgery. I always had to look away several times, usually at the point where they spread the incision open. When I speak at ED seminars with doctors I always tell the story of how I'd had 18 major surgeries on my intestines before the implant surgery. The last half a dozen of those at least I had zero anxiety going into the hospital for. I completely knew what to expect. The 5 days I spent awaiting the implant surgery were the most anxiety riddled days of my life! Obviously it was because of where I was going to be cut. I was nearly hyperventilating by the time I was wheeled into the surgical room. As it turned out, it was the absolute most bearable procedure, with the shortest, easiest recovery I'd ever had. There was never any basis for my fear.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am

Bigdog4all wrote:Thought I would go out and look at the Implant surgery.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRoLFf9wRj0

This is some scary $%^&*(. Is this what actually takes place? I would have to build up some balls to go through this surgery. The Penis Pump continues to be my best choice. This surgery requires a complete thought process through and through.

BigDog, don't psyche yourself out. the surgery was easy, the trepidations are worse. the recovery was ok and the functioning of the implant has been great. i should have done this 10 years ago.
Bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Bigdog4all wrote:Thought I would go out and look at the Implant surgery.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRoLFf9wRj0

Generally, knowledge dispels fear. And doubt.

I never had a moment of hesitation once I recognized that the implant would be necessary for restoring my sexual function and was actually a (financial) possibility. Neither before nor after, did I have a second thought. Of course, I had over a year of research and first thoughts about choice of implant brand and model and choice of surgeon. And, yes, I DID watch several operations on YouTube...all the way through-without blinking. Maybe a wince, though.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu May 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

Generally, knowledge dispels fear. And doubt.

I never had a moment of hesitation once I recognized that the implant would be necessary for restoring my sexual function and was actually a (financial) possibility. Neither before nor after, did I have a second thought. Of course, I had over a year of research and first thoughts about choice of implant brand and model and choice of surgeon. And, yes, I DID watch several operations on YouTube...all the way through-without blinking. Maybe a wince, though.

If I'd had mine done 10 years earlier I would have had a chance to use it. Nothing good happens while you're procrastinating.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu May 23, 2019 4:26 pm

I didn’t watch any video and I still haven’t.
What’s the point? It’s not like you are going to be offering the surgeon any advice during the procedure.
It’s simple, choose your doctor well and let him get on with giving you back your dignity.
The healing and cycling takes care of itself in a relatively short time frame....I’ve forgotten all about it now and just concentrate on fucking my beautiful GF .........often........and for hours.....sometimes. :lol: :lol:
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks for all the positive thoughts.....Guess it's like jumping out of a plane....just jump out and enjoy the view. It's the last few seconds that you have to worry about should something go wrong. This still looks very very painful.....very painful.

I'm still on the Penis Pump...since pills don't seem to have good enough results.

So is this a 3 month healing process or longer?
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

FunGuy69

Postby FunGuy69 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:33 pm

I didn't watch any video before my surgery and I still have no interest in seeing any video of any surgery. I would suggest learning as much as possible about the recovery and likely outcome(s).
Good luck!
55 years young. Reasonably fit. No health issues other than ED.
Used pills for 5+ years and Trimix for 6 years.
Implanted on May 2, 2019 (AMS 700 LGX 18 cm x 12 mm w/3 cm RTE, MS pump).

Return to “Implants”