Need some opinions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Skier123

Need some opinions

Postby Skier123 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi guys I'm back with a new question.

So I'm the guy who was all ready to pull the trigger on an implant a couple months ago when my so far very good urologist said, hey you are retaining a lot of urine, it looks like you have a urethral stricture. We really need to get that fixed first. So we did - but the catch is I haven't been able to pee on my own since.

So he says you also have a severely enlarged prostate. We should go in and do a TURP to get things opened up and see if that helps. So we did that - still can't pee.

So he says he thinks it is an overstretched or "hypotonic" bladder and not too sure what to do next but I will need to self-catheterize in order that I don't explode. So I have been doing that for over a month now ... it's not really all that big of a deal to be honest - more of an inconvienience than anything. But its looking more and more like my bladder may be permanently damaged beyond repair.

So guys I'm single. I'm 54, reasonably fit, and just good looking enough that I can get dates if I want to.

I am looking for opinions as to if the implant is still worth the effort - or if the whole self-cath thing is just going to be too big an obstacle to dating that it won't be worth it.

Thanks guys - I appreciate all the support this site provides.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

DougAnd

Re: Need some opinions

Postby DougAnd » Sat May 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Skier,
I have a very enlarged prostate. My doc suggested the heat/cold treatment using ultrsonics? My stream is strong from years of strengthening my bladder muscles so said No thanks.
I just watched 2 different turp videos. Both say that the catheter should be temp until healing. Maybe you are still healing may take longer? If he did it right the prostate should not be an issue anymore. My opinion? see another doc and get your problem fixed first. I don't think the added infection risk of daily using a catheter is a great idea but we may have guys here who do just that??? If a second opinion says you can't be fixed catheter or no catheter get an implant life is much too short to waste on waiting forever.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 am

DougAnd wrote:Skier,
I have a very enlarged prostate. My doc suggested the heat/cold treatment using ultrsonics? My stream is strong from years of strengthening my bladder muscles so said No thanks.
I just watched 2 different turp videos. Both say that the catheter should be temp until healing. Maybe you are still healing may take longer? If he did it right the prostate should not be an issue anymore. My opinion? see another doc and get your problem fixed first. I don't think the added infection risk of daily using a catheter is a great idea but we may have guys here who do just that??? If a second opinion says you can't be fixed catheter or no catheter get an implant life is much too short to waste on waiting forever.

ABSOLUTELY... 100% agree

Larry

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sun May 12, 2019 5:04 pm

You asked if an implant is worth it, I'm guessing you asked this as being in light of the other issues you have. I had 18 major surgeries for intestinal issues before being implanted. The implant , however, is the most "worth it" procedure I've ever had done.

It took me five different surgeons before I found one who returned me to full normal functioning and cured my problems. There is a doctor out there who can do the same for you, you just have to find him. In the mean time, giving yourself the gift of sexual competence is possibly the most motivating thing you can do during your quest for the other solutions you require.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Return to “Implants”