Which implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Grayfox

Which implant?

Postby Grayfox » Sat May 11, 2019 11:24 am

I've known for quite some time that in all probability I'm gonna wind up getting an implant. The question is which one?
I have a consultation with a surgeon in two weeks and I'd like to do some research as to exactly what I want when I see him. My biggest concern is that I've lost 2" of length over the years and I want to get at least an inch back. I seem to recall from previous reading here that some implants add length, but others don't. Is that true?
Anyway, tell me what you have, if you're happy with it. The good and the bad.
I also want to know how it feels. When pumped up does your penis feel like a natural erection? Is there any loss of sensitivity?
This is all a complete unknown to me. Please add any comments you feel are pertinent.
Developed ED after Heart attack and by-pass in 2000. Used pills for years, but they don't work anymore. Shots don't work. Used a VED for several years. AMS 700 LGX installed 8-7-19.

Happy Toy

Re: Which implant?

Postby Happy Toy » Sat May 11, 2019 11:53 am

I have the Titan by Coloplast, and love it. I have regained all my length that I had prior to my implant. One of the best thing you will gain is your flaccid length. I have always been less then an inch flaccid :( , now I'm over 3.5" all the time flaccid :o , and with a pump or two, bring it to 4+" without it looking like I have a hardon, love that! The pump works very well and have had no problems since I was given the green light to start using it. I have attached a couple of pictures so you can see how I look flaccid. PM me if you would like to see more or chat about it. Best of luck!
DSCN1699.JPG
DSCN1699.JPG (80.44 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
DSCN1708.JPG
DSCN1708.JPG (72.35 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
DSCN1739.JPG
DSCN1739.JPG (190.01 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat May 11, 2019 1:11 pm

My Doc had been doing ipp for 30 years. He said up to 6 inch hard, use the 700lgx. It does lengthen up to 20% over time. That is what I used. I was a full original length (6) almost immediately. Maybe gained 1/2 inch in the first 2 months. I have always been on the skinny side ( Now 4.5) girth. After my RP there is no natural filling at all. Kind of wish I had a Coloplast ( larger Diameter) but ams hangs nice at 5.5 inch flaccid.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Grayfox wrote:I've known for quite some time that in all probability I'm gonna wind up getting an implant. The question is which one?
I have a consultation with a surgeon in two weeks and I'd like to do some research as to exactly what I want when I see him. My biggest concern is that I've lost 2" of length over the years and I want to get at least an inch back. I seem to recall from previous reading here that some implants add length, but others don't. Is that true?
Anyway, tell me what you have, if you're happy with it. The good and the bad.
I also want to know how it feels. When pumped up does your penis feel like a natural erection? Is there any loss of sensitivity?
This is all a complete unknown to me. Please add any comments you feel are pertinent.

When I was researching before my implant there was a mind set by many members that as we are all different and have different histories that the choice of device used should be made by a very good surgeon that uses both brands. The questions for your surgeon should be what device and why. I ask my local guy and he said he would do what ever I wanted. When I asked for his recommendation he said LGX and said why was because in his very limited experience he had done more of them than any others. Not an answer I was happy with. The doc I went to for my surgery I told I wanted either a Titan or an LGX but left the decision to him and he stated immediately LGX. So it seems the correct device for me is the LGX and if I had gone to a doc that uses only AMS I would have received the best device for me. But had I gone to a doc that uses only Coloplast then most likely not. Or vice versa. If your doc only uses one brand and you really want to use him/her you might want to at least check with another very good doc that uses both brands and see if there is a reason that the other brand would be best for you.

Are you using a VED for stretching? If not you should consider starting asp. By doing that for at least 8 weeks prior to surgery will aid in possibly an increase in device. Might want to check with your doc you have been seeing for your ED first to see if there is a reason not to do this. As long as it won't hurt something you have nothing to loose and in most cases will gain back some of what you lost.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Doctor choice is probably most important. Proper sizing is one of the top considerations. It will keep your natural length with either. They both stretch over time titan just will not say it in an ad but read the testimonies. Find a good doc and I hate to say it but you have to put some trust there. Took me 4 to find the one I went with.

I ended up with the titan but had peyronies and plaque so the stiffer cylinders were needed. 9 weeks implanted. All is great and have zero regrets period.

Without the peyronies I probably would have liked the lgx but love the titan pump. Looked and felt huge at first but now realize it is pretty small and definitely smaller than the lgx pump.

Pluses and minuses with both. Doc choice is first consideration and absolutely the most important. I know redundant but important enough to repeat.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Another way to look at this choice. Split the male population into groups. First group definately is best served by the Titan. The second group is best served by an AMS product. I bet that upon closer examination that there is a bigger group that could be formed of guys that fit the criteria for either brand of implants.
Basically, I propose that only the extremes are best served by one brand or the other. Most of the males will fit into the middle ground.
Me thinks too much worrying is done by those that are in the "either brand" group. Get the best surgeon you can. He'll make you happy. JMHO.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat May 11, 2019 7:13 pm

[quote="Grayfox"]I've known for quite some time that in all probability I'm gonna wind up getting an implant. The question is which one?

Some basics to consider. The Titan comes in more sizes so the chances for less rtes rear tip extenders is greater. You may get greater control penetrating with less rtes. But many guys do not fully inflate for sex so not a big deal. We all use hand guidance some more than others. The LGX has much softer tubes than the Titan right out the door. So your flaccid penis lays down faster more naturally. But over time Titan also softens. Guys like me who have a very scarred weak penis inside must use the AMS. The AMS has weave in it that limits size. The Titan just keeps on expanding until your tissue stops it. All pumps tend to be tricky at first. All might backflow but I know the Titan has this problem commonly. So your penis suddenly has an erection whenever you inadvertently squeeze your saline sac. Titans thicker cylinders makes penetration easier with less pumps. But AMS is stiff enough when still very soft. So no advantage there. Titans stiffer cylinders make shorter penises stick straight out even when fully deflated. Over the years I assume that will correct itself.
Bottom line both brands will give every man a rock hard erection each any every time. If you see an advantage that you've just got to have go for that one. Otherwise the only other thing is that if you have lost length to disease and you use it wisely the LGX will expand up to about 3/4 of an inch in one year's time. In other words I am 1/2 inch longer today than I was the day of my surgery 9 months ago. I have an LGX and yes had lost length to ED before my implant surgery. Good luck
This is the right choice if you want to have sex.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Sun May 12, 2019 5:09 am

I have the same problem. Lost almost 3 inches. I saw a Dr not to far. I liked him.
He only uses the Titan. He measured me up and I did not do it because of the loss of length. Thier is a Dr supposed to be good. Not saying he is not good. Think he uses both Titan and Ams.
When trying to get an appointment I asked his secretary if I could get measured up at the same time. Office is over 2hrs away,wanted to do it all in one visit. Secretary told me he does not tell me what I be after surgery. When I am on the table he picks out which one is better.
I will not do that. I want to know what I will be when I come out.
I have been using the VED and stretching. Going to get measured up again to see what I would be. If I get a decent gain I will keep stretching and VED and wait another year. I no gain I gues I am screwed. If I did not get any gain in length I will not get it done.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Hamburg/Germany

Postby Hamburg/Germany » Sun May 12, 2019 6:13 am

Obviously there are only lgx- or titan-guys here at franktalk. I got the cx - does anybody know what are the advances of this device? I dont really, but I´m happy whith it!
63 y.o.
RRP 2017, radiatio March/April 2018, AMS CX 18 + 4 cm Nov. 2018

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:02 am

Hamburg/Germany wrote:Obviously there are only lgx- or titan-guys here at franktalk. I got the cx - does anybody know what are the advances of this device? I dont really, but I´m happy whith it!

AMS, so looks more natural and works on girth, no so much length. The weave in the AMS devices is designed to improve, not shrink tissue. The Titan is more rigid material so you are supporting a semi all the time, plus there is the dog ear issues. Dr. Kramer told my that 90% of his REVISION surgery was removing and substituting for the AMS. AMS is more appropriate for 75% of implant patients according to 3 of the 4 doctors I interviewed. Hope this helps :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”