Surgery scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
trlewis35

Surgery scheduled

Postby trlewis35 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:55 am

I saw Dr. Lentz of Duke yesterday and we scheduled surgery for me to be implanted on July 24. I was impress with both the doctor and the staff. We had a list of questions for the doctor and he started talking to us and answered most of our questions before we asked. They also did lab test while we were there which saves us a 2+ hour ride to his office.
I do have a question for all of you that are already bionic, Dr. Lentz said activation at 6 weeks is that when I get the go ahead for sex?
Thanks to all
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

tomas1

Re: Surgery scheduled

Postby tomas1 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:21 am

It seems all doctors have different activation and clearance for sex times.
I was activated around 2 weeks post-op and cleared for action at 4 weeks.
I cheated and started that earlier. I think your body and your partner will give you a clue that you're ready for action. Good luck with your procedure.

If you have conditions like Peyronies or scarring, maybe the recovery time would be longer, but I really can't say.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 am

tomas1 wrote:It seems all doctors have different activation and clearance for sex times.
I was activated around 2 weeks post-op and cleared for action at 4 weeks.
I cheated and started that earlier. I think your body and your partner will give you a clue that you're ready for action. Good luck with your procedure.

If you have conditions like Peyronies or scarring, maybe the recovery time would be longer, but I really can't say.

Thomas... I really wish you guys would stop telling people that you ignored the doctors instructions and started early. So far, those that have said it seemed to get lucky (in more ways than one) but you know as well as I do that there is a very serious risk of infection and or injury to tissue or the implant. I am very happy for you that everything works as it should but, please, keep the timelines between you and your partner. Thank you. :)

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Larry,
It was just a couple days early but I know officially we should follow the doc's instructions.
I wonder what the doc's reason for 6 weeks till activation is?
That's why I mentioned pre-existing conditions.

I wonder if I should question my doc for refusing to install an LGX claiming that any implant using the LGX 18cm or larger would be floppy?

I realize he's god and when and if I ask him next Monday, I''ll fart smoke rings.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Wed May 08, 2019 4:04 pm

My doctor waits 6 weeks. He said he does so that there is no chance of the implant hemorrhaging out the incision he made to insert it. He did say other doctors cycling at 4-5 weeks don't seem to have many (if any) problems, but he's never had a problem using 6 weeks so he's sticking to it. Better safe than sorry and I agree. He explained why he does everything he does and it make sense and he does 200 or more a year so I figure he knows his stuff.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed May 08, 2019 4:06 pm

I waited six weeks.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed May 08, 2019 9:55 pm

My doc said don't touch it till I see you. That was 7 days later when he cleared me for work. Never said boo beyond that because I had distal crossover and either he didn't know enough to see that or just did not want to say. Either way no problem I got zero instructions except for my appt to remove staples at 14 days and my 6 week followup. He did send home the AMS video which showed cycling to begin after 1 week I think and usage of VED with scarring. Well I had scarring in spades. There was no way I could cycle after only 7 days. That took weeks because my pump was dead below the scrotal cut which was 3 plus inches long. I went back to work 4 times had to leave each time until day 13 finally made a full 8.
As for sex I don't think he ever cleared me officially because every time I saw him I said something is wrong. He'd say you're fine. Didn't matter anyway, I still could not ejaculate at six weeks or maybe just barely. No sex until after that. Guess some guys are just naturally hornyer than others. :lol:
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:39 am

tomas1 wrote:Larry,
It was just a couple days early but I know officially we should follow the doc's instructions.

I wonder if I should question my doc for refusing to install an LGX claiming that any implant using the LGX 18cm or larger would be floppy?

I realize he's god and when and if I ask him next Monday, I''ll fart smoke rings.

OK, a couple of days probably didn't do that much harm. I really don't know what the difference is either. I think it may have something to do with how they do the procedure and what size and type sutures they use, inside sutures used with surface sutures, watertight glue vs staples, etc. If you do ask him why there are so many different variables, would you please come back to us and let us all know? Thanks

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 am

Larry10625 wrote:

OK, a couple of days probably didn't do that much harm. I really don't know what the difference is either. I think it may have something to do with how they do the procedure and what size and type sutures they use, inside sutures used with surface sutures, watertight glue vs staples, etc. If you do ask him why there are so many different variables, would you please come back to us and let us all know? Thanks

Larry

Larry I think the why is pretty obvious. 30 years ago a standard protocol was initiated to cover the very worst scenario that was not immediately obvious to every Doctor. That is the same used by most hospitals has nothing at all to do with the individual patient. Doctors do not have time to give each patient the protocol best suited for them in particular. You can be an Olympic gold winner or a couch potato and will get exactly the same instructions each and every time. That being said a very FEW Doctors mentioned here do give their patient instructions based on actual need. So for me the instructions should have been "try masturbation and when you can easily ejaculate then you are ready for sex" That would have been a few days after 6 weeks. You studs would probably be banging down the door well before that. :lol:
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:06 am

DougAnd wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Larry I think the why is pretty obvious. 30 years ago a standard protocol was initiated to cover the very worst scenario that was not immediately obvious to every Doctor. That is the same used by most hospitals has nothing at all to do with the individual patient. Doctors do not have time to give each patient the protocol best suited for them in particular. You can be an Olympic gold winner or a couch potato and will get exactly the same instructions each and every time. That being said a very FEW Doctors mentioned here do give their patient instructions based on actual need. So for me the instructions should have been "try masturbation and when you can easily ejaculate then you are ready for sex" That would have been a few days after 6 weeks. You studs would probably be banging down the door well before that. :lol:

Yeah, probably. Dr. Brock said to give it three weeks for the incision to heal and then I could start cycling as tolerated. By 8 weeks if I still had too much pain or swelling to be fully cycling, I needed to get to him or my local urologist because there could be another problem. That made sense to me and his timings were pretty much bang on. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”