Reflections 18 months post-Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TitanGuy

Reflections 18 months post-Implant

Postby TitanGuy » Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm

Hard to believe but it's been 18 months since I was implanted with a Titan 22 cm. Figured it was time to give the good, the bad & the reality of my experiences with it. I'm also attaching two recent photos, one fully pumped and one deflated. That's the result. Happy to help others in any way, share more, show & tell, etc. It's a huge step, and knowledge is definitely power. Suffering in silence is the worst.

The Good
* Never, ever having to worry about getting it up again. Can't emphasize that enough. I got so tired of taking all the pills (never used injections, hated the idea), worrying about if would I have sex, when should I take them, would they work, what food should or shouldn't I eat, did I have the pill in my pocket, etc. etc. All of that is gone. If I want to get hard, I just pump and done

* Repeat the first point

* My dick seems to get rave reviews

* Didn't lose any width or girth

* I do EVERYTHING I did before the implant. Skiing, crossfit, biking, you name it. Nothing hurts, nothing gets hurt

* It's pretty & quick easy to inflate, and easy to make it be organic, almost natural, during sex. I don't inflate all at once, but do it slowly as the foreplay grows

* I am more sexual because of the confidence boost. I jerk off a lot more because I don't ever have to worry about not being horny enough for the next time I might have sex and not being able to get it up.

* Recovery was quick and pretty easy (even if the first two days were brutal). Didn't have much swelling. The catheter was the worst

* Had a pump revision and love the placement of the pump (sideways behind my testicles). Easy access and pretty well hidden.

The Bad
It's definitely not all good. There are some things I still dislike after a year and a half:

* My cock flaccid doesn't look like it used to; It's like I have a semi-woody at all times; it's thick all the time and doesn’t hang totally down like a standard flaccid one does

* At the gym I have to rearrange it subtly before changing and often kinda hide it with a towel

* Anyone who fumbles around with your manhood, is going to notice the pump. There's no way not too. You have this giant thing in your nuts. There are a lot of different ways you can explain it, but it's there and it's gonna get funny looks until you say something about it

* If I feel around the base of the scrotum I can feel the wiring too. It's not visible, but you can feel it

* When flaccid, you can feel the cylinders inside your shaft. It's like two mini garden hoses in there. It doesn't feel like the soft tissue that was in there before. And if you squeeze the head when not inflated you can feel the ends of the tubes

* It's sometimes hard to ejaculate. I find it very hard to get off from a blow job now, which wasn't the case before. Think this is different for everyone. But for me head doesn't work anymore. I need to fuck or jerk off. It take me longer either way now, but still have intense orgasms and shoot a full amount.

* I can't wear boxers or even boxer briefs any more. Cock doesn't lie flat enough. I can only wear briefs that really support, generally with shaft pushed downward.

*When I inflate, the pump makes a squeeching noise if I don't do it very deliberately and squeeze the pump slowly. I talk or otherwise make noise to mask it and no one has ever noticed.

* Pump initially was way too low in my scrotum and stuck out below my testicles. I had a revision and Dr. Eid swapped out the pump and placed it sideways behind my testicles. I like that much, much more.

* In general I have to rearrange things a lot

* If someone sits on my lap, I have to be careful or it feels like I have a semi

* For the first week or so after surgery, I thought 'Oh my God, what have I done to myself.' Thank heavens that faded
Attachments
ZZ.jpg
ZZ.jpg (380.91 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
ZZZ.jpg
ZZZ.jpg (535.7 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
Last edited by TitanGuy on Fri May 03, 2019 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
46 years old. Divorced. Father. Athlete. Implanted 2017 by Dr Eid. Coloplast Titan 22cm. Venous Leak that grew worse over time. Got tired of pills. Full revision 2019 after tubing crack. Coloplast Titan 24cm, touch pump, 125cc reservoir

Hoping

Re: Reflections 18 months post-Implant

Postby Hoping » Thu May 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi Titanguy,
Would love to chat with ya and hopefully learn more about what to expect. I just have some questions feel free to answer whichever ones you want if you feel like it, the more info for me the better, this is a very hard decision. Great info and reflections of the pros and cons. I'm greatly considering an implant and will most likely be getting one due to an injury to my penis. The other conservative treatments kind of work but has made dating and finding someone for more than a couple dates pretty dang hard given my age.
Questions: How much harder is it for you to ejaculate from sex? (Currently right now I kind of flex something down there and go faster and that does the trick for me, I can cum sometimes in like a minute if I do that but try to drag it out for 5-10, but I am worried that with the implant I'll be unable to orgasm during sex) Was wondering if you could tell me what you have to do? How long did it take you before as opposed to now?
Can I hear a rave review?
How long does it take to inflate for full erection? (My doctor said 15 seconds but that seems hard to believe)
I would think having a show'er all the time would be a confidence boost? (I've been more of a grower most of my life when it actually grows lol, so I might like that in the gym tbh)
I think some doctors put in different pumps even though the cylinders may be both Titan? Not sure on that but the pump my doctor showed me looked like a smaller third testicle. Like maybe half the size of my testicle. What have you said if a girl has asked about the pump?

My goal is to be able to date confidently without having to worry about if I'll be hard enough or sneaking off to the bathroom to inject myself which caused many problems in dating. Thinking an implant is the way to go.
Any input from you or others is greatly appreciated! Thanks
28 years old, single, implanted 7/12/2019 Coloplast Titan 22cm +1cm rte, surgeon Dr. Tobias Kohler at Mayo Clinic Rochester

TitanGuy

Postby TitanGuy » Fri May 03, 2019 9:16 am

Hi Hoping, Happy to try to answer your questions:

1) Like before the implant, I'd say it varies. I will say that on ED pills I had a very hard time ejaculating at times (which is a known side effect of pills). Sometimes I can still get off pretty quickly, but generally it takes a while. Not sure what time period to put on it. There are times when I just can't ejaculate during sex, but that's maybe 10 - 15% of the time. I have found if I deflate it a bit it is easier to orgasm. I don't have any specific trick but thrusting fast helps, or jerking off to finish at the end.

2) Ha, well hard to give myself the rave review. You'd have to go through my little black book

3) I'd say 30 to 45 seconds for full inflation.

4) You're right that in a way the thick flaccid is a confidence builder. Just depends on situation I guess.

5) I don't think that's right about surgeons mixing and matching products, but can only speak to mine

6) You definitely will be able to date confidently, with on worries. You just need to have a story about the pump in your balls. Most guys on here take the full disclosure route about an implant. I have generally just said I had a health issue and leave it at that.

Hope that helps.
TG
46 years old. Divorced. Father. Athlete. Implanted 2017 by Dr Eid. Coloplast Titan 22cm. Venous Leak that grew worse over time. Got tired of pills. Full revision 2019 after tubing crack. Coloplast Titan 24cm, touch pump, 125cc reservoir

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Fri May 03, 2019 9:22 am

Hi Titanguy,

I'm scheduled for my Titan on 5/16 by Dr. Sadeghi-Nejad just across the Hudson from De. Eid.

Thank you for sharing. I would rather have my 7" girthy cock from 20 years ago, but ED and MS took that away 10 years ago. Yes, I'm looking forward to having sex again, but just knowing that my cock can support my libido anytime and anywhere has risen my confidence in every aspect of my life including my work.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

TitanGuy

Postby TitanGuy » Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 am

andrew1959nj wrote:Hi Titanguy,

I'm scheduled for my Titan on 5/16 by Dr. Sadeghi-Nejad just across the Hudson from De. Eid.

Thank you for sharing. I would rather have my 7" girthy cock from 20 years ago, but ED and MS took that away 10 years ago. Yes, I'm looking forward to having sex again, but just knowing that my cock can support my libido anytime and anywhere has risen my confidence in every aspect of my life including my work.

Good luck with it, Andrew. You will definitely be able to support...and surpass...you libido, anytime, anywhere.

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Fri May 03, 2019 10:52 am

Thank you very much for this report. It is very valuable for us younger guys if someone who still has a bery active life style reports about his experiences.

Do you still notice any improvement in the flaccid state ?

Why did you bother coming to the forums now ? Is there any special issue which led you here ? (

How bad was your ed before ? Were you still able to achieve an erection but couldn’t hold it ?
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pm

I am honstely a bit concerned you just register for posting here, and then disappear.

18 months after your surgery without any obvious problems. I do have serious trust issues in the internet :D

There are several posts with the same scheme.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun May 05, 2019 9:08 pm

mr.skin wrote:I am honstely a bit concerned you just register for posting here, and then disappear.

18 months after your surgery without any obvious problems. I do have serious trust issues in the internet :D

Try sending him a private message
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

TitanGuy

Postby TitanGuy » Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi there Mr. Skin, No, I am very much here and real. Happy to answer any questions in public or private. I posted pictures so not sure what there's not to believe. I definitely can't hide the implant. Just been a big inward journey for me. And just trying to be helpful.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed May 08, 2019 7:20 pm

mr.skin wrote:I am honstely a bit concerned you just register for posting here, and then disappear.

Some people come on here and check in once in a while. That is a style and I do not fault it. I consider it a boon that TitanGuy has reported back his results at all.

I infer that you missed him. That speaks well of your investment in this support group. Titanguy is not so heavily invested (having too much sex perhaps?) :shock: I am happy he thought to check in with us and report.

Knowing HIS pros and cons at 18 months in gives others an idea of what can happen.

A detailed blog would have been nice, but a summary like he did is a VERY easy read and nearly as illuminating. That his recovery was unremarkable (leading to his lack of remarks, obviously) led him not to use up bandwidth.

His post is VERY helpful, and I thank him.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”