Now bionic as of May 1 thanks to Dr Andrew Kramer (Titan deflating tip?)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
505AbqNM

Now bionic as of May 1 thanks to Dr Andrew Kramer (Titan deflating tip?)

Postby 505AbqNM » Thu May 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Post-op day 1:
Resting with ice in the Days Inn In Baltimore. The Days Inn hotel has a great hospital rate of $99 and is quite adequate with refrigerator microwave nice TV with decent programming and free Wi-Fi

I guess I was still benefiting from the drugs at the hospital as I had virtually no pain last night but now I’m only taking Aleve as suggested by Dr. Kramer. I would describe it more as an ache or tenderness, but not really a constant pain, maybe 1 or 2. I had very little blackening last night but today I have much more.

Dr. Kramer operates with the goal of achieving the best results for his patients and he has the experience and dedication to make it happen. He is also one heck of a nice guy. I feel very lucky that I was able to have him perform the surgery on me.

Before the surgery we had decided on the Coloplast Titan with the standard pump instead of the Touch pump. He has posted a 6-minute video on YouTube of my procedure. He inflated me during the procedure and I will be quite happy with those results when I can inflate myself. His narration of the video is indicative of his approach to the procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnqOn6AnbA

I have preop Flacid and full pictures but they don’t really mean anything until I can activate
Last edited by 505AbqNM on Wed May 22, 2019 11:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Married, age:67, work fulltime, Type2 diabetic, worsening ED since 2012, all meds ineffective by 2019. Bionic on May 1, 2019 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan XL, standard pump, 24cm + 1RTE, best TriMix sizes realized, G~6", L~7.5”, pump revision Nov 2019

RJ1000

Re: Now bionic as of May 1 thanks to Dr Andrew Kramer

Postby RJ1000 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Welcome to the bionic brotherhood! Great video too, thanks for sharing. My implant three months ago was with Dr. Kramer and I stayed at the Days Inn also. Can't beat the price at $99 a night. I hope your recovery goes well!
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu May 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Great video! Thanks for making that public, always like to watch Kramer at work.
It was especially good to hear him say that the splices don't weaken the tubing at all, as I have the same three splices in mine.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm

505AbqNM wrote:Post-op day 1:
Resting with ice in the Days Inn In Baltimore. The Days Inn hotel has a great hospital rate of $99 and is quite adequate with refrigerator microwave nice TV with decent programming and free Wi-Fi

I guess I was still benefiting from the drugs at the hospital as I had virtually no pain last night but now I’m only taking Aleve as suggested by Dr. Kramer. I would describe it more as an ache or tenderness, but not really a constant pain, maybe 1 or 2. I had very little blackening last night but today I have much more.

Dr. Kramer operates with the goal of achieving the best results for his patients and he has the experience and dedication to make it happen. He is also one heck of a nice guy. I feel very lucky that I was able to have him perform the surgery on me.

Before the surgery we had decided on the Coloplast Titan with the standard pump instead of the Touch pump. He has posted a 6-minute video on YouTube of my procedure. He inflated me during the procedure and I will be quite happy with those results when I can inflate myself. His narration of the video is indicative of his approach to the procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnqOn6AnbA

I have preop Flacid and full pictures but they don’t really mean anything until I can activate

Welcome to our brotherhood... no secret handshake or anything. You had a talented surgeon and you both selected the best implant for you. Once you are able to use it you will be a big believer. (no pun intended) :D

Larry

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood my friend. What a fantastic video but not one you'll be showing at your family parties I'll bet! Have a quick & pain free recovery. Please keep us updated with your progress.
65 years old
Diagnosed with PC in August 2017 - Biopsy Gleason 4+5=9
Radical Prostatectomy 14/12/17 no nerves spared - PSA now undetectable. ED since op. Tried MUSE and injections without success.
Titan 22cm + 1cm - 25/03/19 by Mr Ralph in London UK

BeardedMan

Postby BeardedMan » Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks for sharing bud. I am having surgery with Kramer in August after his move. That was really helpful to see. Best of luck during healing.
61 yo gay married; ED since 2000. Retooling on 8/8/19 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan 22cm plus 1cm extender.

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Thu May 02, 2019 8:44 pm

BeardedMan wrote:Thanks for sharing bud. I am having surgery with Kramer in August after his move. That was really helpful to see. Best of luck during healing.

I had a brief e-mail conversation w/ Dr. Kramer last week re: his upcoming move. Asked if it was true & he said yes...apparently he's moving right down the road to a practice situation wherein his potential for securing operating time is unlimited...good news for those considering Dr. Kramer & his team for an implant...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Great to hear good news. I'm having a difficult redo on June 19th with Doctor Kramer. The more guys I hear from the better I feel about my hoped for results. Keep your bull high and the discoloration will fade more quickly.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

505AbqNM

Postby 505AbqNM » Fri May 03, 2019 9:43 am

Postop day 2

But first for some postop day 1 follow-up. Dr. Kramer came by my hotel room yesterday and said I have so little swelling, just bruising, and he has no problem with the bruising so he cleared me to fly out after only two days. He was also able to deflate me a little bit which actually made it much more comfortable. I guess I will remain at this state of inflation until I am able to activate myself. Removing the catheter was a nonevent but what was not a nonevent was urinating the first time after it is removed. Holy crap! That burned like a mother. It’s definitely the most pain of anything so far

( now for post op day 2)

Though I already had a returning flight for tomorrow I felt good enough to rebook and fly out one day early, today. it is so hard just sitting around the hotel room resting and healing and watching reruns of friends or big bang theory or Two and a Half Men or
One and a half hour movies that take three hours to complete with commercials
The urinating pain has subsided substantially probably down to 10% of what it was initially
Staying at the days inn was great I would definitely recommend it. When I checked out this morning and they called for taxi it was already pulled up to the front by time I got out the door. Interesting sidenote about taxi service to and from the Baltimore airport. The Baltimore airport seems to run the taxi service from the airport no city taxes are allowed to pick up at the airport then those taxi drivers have to go all way back to the airport empty they cannot pick up any city riders so when I got my taxi ride this morning from city taxi he had to go all way back to the downtown empty also it is a flat rate of $30 from the downtown area to the airport regardless of traffic so he doesn’t even turn the meter on

I pictured being laid up for three days and possibly needing a wheelchair through the airport but it’s nothing like that for me. I actually walked around downtown a little bit yesterday and of course I’m walking the airport. Security was a total nonevent for me. my unopened can of ginger ale caused me more delay

I am sure if I’d waited the one more day I would be feeling even better but oh my god spending another day in the hotel room by myself was the much less desirable option.

If I am really fortunate that I am experiencing so little discomfort and no swelling I’ll take the good fortune and just have extra empathy for others who are not so lucky

As far as clothing goes, I am wearing my regular loose pants and the jockstrap the hospital gave me and that’s it. Dr. Kramer said I can put myself in whatever position is most comfortable for me. Since I wear my shirt out and not tucked in there are no visibility issues
Married, age:67, work fulltime, Type2 diabetic, worsening ED since 2012, all meds ineffective by 2019. Bionic on May 1, 2019 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan XL, standard pump, 24cm + 1RTE, best TriMix sizes realized, G~6", L~7.5”, pump revision Nov 2019

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Fri May 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Congrats on the decision and the surgery, I hope it turns out as well as mine has been.
bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Return to “Implants”