RTE's

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BeardedMan

RTE's

Postby BeardedMan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:14 pm

I've been reading posts where guys mention RTE's negatively. They wish the doc hadn't used them and/or do not understand why the surgeon did. From what I understand RTE's are used to accomplish length that is between two sizes (e.g. 21.5). Is that correct? Why does it matter if RTE's are used or not? How does it change the effect? I'm trying to learn what I should be concerned about.
61 yo gay married; ED since 2000. Retooling on 8/8/19 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan 22cm plus 1cm extender.

Lost Sheep

Re: RTE's

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm

BeardedMan wrote:I've been reading posts where guys mention RTE's negatively. They wish the doc hadn't used them and/or do not understand why the surgeon did. From what I understand RTE's are used to accomplish length that is between two sizes (e.g. 21.5). Is that correct? Why does it matter if RTE's are used or not? How does it change the effect? I'm trying to learn what I should be concerned about.

Do a search on "Hinge effect". RTEs put the junction between the rear tip (hard plastic) and the inflatable portion of the implant further forward, nearer your skin and (this is the important part) giving your supporting tissues less grip on the inflatable portion of the implant. Thus lessening the stability of the implant.

This is how I understand it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:44 pm

I had my implant (700 AMS CX) in October of 2016. 5.5 in RTEs and Absolutely no hinge effect just a nice size dick thanks to the RTEs.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:41 pm

I have to agree with Donnie. I also read all the posts about the negative effects of hinging. First place, the AMS rte snaps into the inflatable part. My doc used a 5 cm rte because my cruse was deep. That allowed the 15 cm implant to start right at my pubic bone and the tubes a tad below the pubic bone. When inflated I have a solid 9 inch dick that starts deep down in my cruse. Pumped hard it is one solid piece from the pile driving dick from the base to the glans. It does not bend at the attach point of the RTEs. Maybe if a doc used a bunch of 1.5 cm RTEs there would be a problem, but every kit has a 5cm in it. My doc had been doing implants for 30 years and I think he knew what he was doing. He said," I got the gold standard a 5 cm rte and a 15cm inflatable." From day one, I am exactly where I was with a rock hard trimix dick, but without the trimix pain.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:53 pm

The use of RTE's to reach "in-between" lengths is perfectly logic.

the use of RTE's to get to a specific length bc you do not have the needed length model in stock does not shed a good light on the institution of the surgery.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Right now, I think I have the "hinge" effect. Maybe I haven't got to the point of inflation to eliminate it, but I doubt it.
I wish I had the 21cm implant and .5cm RTEs.
My doc thinks he's god so I'm sure he will beg to differ.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:34 pm

I was concerned about rtes. My doc said he puts them in only if necessary. He explained if between sizes or if your crus needed them to get tubing in the right spot.

If possible he would even go up just a little to do without them. I ended up in the middle I guess. 18 cm plus 1 rte so 19 total. Solid right in middle between an 18 and 20 cm titan.. right now it feels right. Do not think I would stretch another 1 cm or .4 inch so I feel sized pretty good. Maybe on a future revision I will get that extra one back and get to my pre peyronies length or close to it.

I did ask if he has all the sizes with him. He said the rep brings them, and 16, 18, 20 are among most common sizes.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:57 pm

RTE's are needed in most Boston Scientific branded kits if you have a deep crus or long dick because the chincey profiteers put too short of tubing which results in a high pump if they don't use extenders. An option is to use an infrapubic kit for scrotal implantation. Wobble effect is also more of a Boston Scientific trait because their tip extenders are much thinner in diameter than Coloplasts.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:02 am

BeardedMan wrote:I've been reading posts where guys mention RTE's negatively. They wish the doc hadn't used them and/or do not understand why the surgeon did. From what I understand RTE's are used to accomplish length that is between two sizes (e.g. 21.5). Is that correct? Why does it matter if RTE's are used or not? How does it change the effect? I'm trying to learn what I should be concerned about.

When I interviewed Dr's Kramer, Eid, Perito and Brock, they all told me that sometimes RTE's are necessary to ensure a proper sizing. I really don't know how using a device to make a good fit can be a bad thing but, I'm sure the internet Wikipedia Doctors will tell us. I know that a lot of doctors try hard not to use them but they were invented by the implant companies to guarantee a proper fit and that is what they do. I have also interviewed Jamie Matson from Boston Scientific and Christine Russell from Coloplast and they both agree that sometimes RTE's are necessary. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”