Opinion of pump placement

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bumble

Re: Opinion of pump placement

Postby Bumble » Wed May 01, 2019 3:30 pm

DaveKell wrote:Mine is low in the bag. The first few months it was rough climbing up into my van seat and dragging it along. It never really hurt, just made its presence known. With it low it's very easy to grasp the deflate button and hold it, plus I can semi rotate it around to grasp with different areas of ballsack skin to inflate. I wouldn't have it any other way. I've gotten used to it bouncing against my wife during vigorous sex as well.

DaveKell, I have the same thing getting into my car as well. The car sits low and sliding into the seat i have gotten into the habit of cupping my crotch and elevating the sac until i get into the seat. and yeah the same thing here with sex and bouncing it LOL
Bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Lost Sheep

Getting used to pump placement

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

We are seldom bothered by what we are accustomed to. If we grew up with a lump in our scrotum and it was removed when the pump was placed in the same location, we would not notice the difference at all.

But add a new shape and we feel it ALL THE TIME.

I injured my forefinger once and had to wear a splint for a few weeks. I was EXTREMELY aware of it, particularly at first, but less so as time went on.

I read a report from a man transitioning to a woman. Her new breasts kept bumping into doorways until she got used to them (the breasts, not the doorways) being there.

When I got my implant, getting into my car seat was not as much a problem as getting out of it, but both maneuvers were a bit problematic until I got accustomed to the accommodations I made. If I had grown up with a fuller scrotum, I would have been used to it from the get-go.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Fri May 03, 2019 8:31 am

getitdone wrote:This question is for men that have already been implanted and have gotten past the initial healing and are at least cycling the implant.

In your opinion, is the pump better high in the scrotum at the base of the penis or lower in the scrotum?

Background........ I was implanted 5 weeks ago and I have my 6 week followup next week. Before surgery I had asked the Dr. to put the pump lower in the scrotum because that's what I have generally found that most men on FT are pleased with. At the time the Dr. told me that it is not good to have the pump lower in the scrotum because I would end up "sitting on it". I ended up with the pump high at the base of the penis. Everything seems to be working fine but I think it would better if the pump was not at the top of the scrotum.

What Im looking for is information for when I go see the Dr. I can have "testimonials" from men who actually have implants and opinions about pump placement. The Dr. may be the "expert" at the surgery, but he doesn't have one. I believe that feedback from men who actually have implants is more important than the Dr's opinion.

it's easy the answer.
The pump too high will only give problems and discomfort during penetration. it will slam against the vagina and make sex difficult and ungratifying. I have heard so many people who have had revision or new fixing of the pump.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 am

Thank you all for your replies, its what i wanted before going in for my followup visit.

Like I said, my pump is high near the base of my penis. It sits to the left side also and has my left testicle "trapped" above it. My right testicle is happy as ever because it has full range of motion in the scrotum. When I point my penis up or to the side to get dressed the pump rises up also and because the left testicle is above it gets pushed up also creating a bulge that sticks out farther than normal. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but I can imagine there's a high probability of discomfort/pain.

It's still only been 6 weeks and like everyone says here.... just give it some time to heal. Ive been tempted to post questions during the past few weeks but after doing some research here, most questions have already been asked and answered already. Most of the responses have been somewhere along the lines of...... take a hot bath and give yourself more time to heal and get used to everything. So far that advice has worked very well for me. Thank you to everyone here on FT for your responses, there's a wealth of information here.
South Texas, 50 yo, single, ED 20+years, pills not effective anymore, trimix works but very painful. Titan implanted 3/26/19.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 pm

getitdone wrote:Thank you all for your replies, its what i wanted before going in for my followup visit.

Like I said, my pump is high near the base of my penis. It sits to the left side also and has my left testicle "trapped" above it. My right testicle is happy as ever because it has full range of motion in the scrotum. When I point my penis up or to the side to get dressed the pump rises up also and because the left testicle is above it gets pushed up also creating a bulge that sticks out farther than normal. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but I can imagine there's a high probability of discomfort/pain.

It's still only been 6 weeks and like everyone says here.... just give it some time to heal. Ive been tempted to post questions during the past few weeks but after doing some research here, most questions have already been asked and answered already. Most of the responses have been somewhere along the lines of...... take a hot bath and give yourself more time to heal and get used to everything. So far that advice has worked very well for me. Thank you to everyone here on FT for your responses, there's a wealth of information here.

Getitdone,
So remember before your implant how sometimes you would almost unconsciously reach down and rearrange the boys et al? Well today that happened with my pump. Was sitting on a swivel chair and felt a pinch. Would never even had noticed what I did had it not been for your post. So I guess I do sit on my pump to some degree occasionally about like I used to do with my package.
Bottom line if insurance covers it don't sweat getting the pump moved. I healed in 3 days chased down my Doc for an early release for work. For me having the pump beneath my balls is such a relief. It is now invisible.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”