Opinion of pump placement

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
getitdone

Opinion of pump placement

Postby getitdone » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:38 am

This question is for men that have already been implanted and have gotten past the initial healing and are at least cycling the implant.

In your opinion, is the pump better high in the scrotum at the base of the penis or lower in the scrotum?

Background........ I was implanted 5 weeks ago and I have my 6 week followup next week. Before surgery I had asked the Dr. to put the pump lower in the scrotum because that's what I have generally found that most men on FT are pleased with. At the time the Dr. told me that it is not good to have the pump lower in the scrotum because I would end up "sitting on it". I ended up with the pump high at the base of the penis. Everything seems to be working fine but I think it would better if the pump was not at the top of the scrotum.

What Im looking for is information for when I go see the Dr. I can have "testimonials" from men who actually have implants and opinions about pump placement. The Dr. may be the "expert" at the surgery, but he doesn't have one. I believe that feedback from men who actually have implants is more important than the Dr's opinion.
South Texas, 50 yo, single, ED 20+years, pills not effective anymore, trimix works but very painful. Titan implanted 3/26/19.

Lost Sheep

Re: Opinion of pump placement

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 pm

My pump is kind of high, front and left and makes a bulge when I wear form-fitting underwear that I am not pleased with. Also, if I ever want to experiment with Vacuum Therapy (previously considered a dangerous practice for a post-implant patient, but now gaining favor), it is difficult to get a good seal at the cylinder. Also, it pushes my left testicle up (not painfully, but makes it difficult to palpate). Not a fertility issue, though. I don't intend to father any children.

However, it is easy to access.

I spoke to my surgeon about the location, and he indicated that it could be relocated but going through the surgery (as minimal as it is compared to the full implantation) is probably not worth it.

I don't have experience with both locations, however. So, my testimonial is not worth very much. The best men to give advice is men who have experience with both locations: Men who have had revisions or relocations.

You are right to observe that your surgeon does not know how it feels from the inside. How is your relationship with him? Surgeons are not known for their bedside manner or relateability
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Looking at my scrotum in the mirror, my pump ball is hanging on the left side lower than my right nut. The left nut is sitting above the pump and release valve. I am very active even riding an off road quad. never any interference or discomfort. Release button and pump easy to reach. Perfect from my perspective.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

jmack858

Postby jmack858 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:04 pm

My pump is high on the right side of my penis. It is very easy to locate, inflated and deflate.when it's cold and my Scrotum is close penis it does not look that bad but when it's warm and my Scrotum hangs low my pump sits a the base of my penis shaft on the right side. My Dr said he can move it, if that what I wanted. Right now I'm almost 6 months post-op. other than my pump location everything works great!
Last edited by jmack858 on Wed May 01, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
60 years old , Mild ED since mid 30's tried all the pills, trimix, Implanted with Titan Touch 22cm + 3cm rte 11/13/18 by Dr Rayford
Memphis

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:42 pm

8 weeks here. My pump is sitting low in my scrotum below my balls. It is almost even with my left one. My right one sits just above it. Pump is easy to reach with either hand though.

I have to say I started mowing and sitting in a seat on the tractor or zero turn is no big deal at all but pulling my pull behind mower on the ATV is uncomfortable. I find the pump a bit in the way after an hour or so.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Getitdone,
Here is a testimonial.
Tell that dick head he has no idea what he is talking about.
My pump was high attached to my penis for 4 months. I hated it. Being left handed I could not even use it without locking it up. So could not cycle. Plus it was so high I could not use VED to stretch. I had to hand stretch for 4 months. I had a special surgery just to move it.(ninety some thousand dollars of tax payers money) Now it is perfect. Just above my perineum. Well below both the boys. I have never sat on it don't know how that is even possible. His sac must hang like a bull. Maybe riding western saddle would be tough but I hate horses so not a problem.
Getitdone
Apparently not everyone's scrotum is the same. Mine tapers sharply near the bottom and even when most flaccid holds my pump up. Never had a problem dragging the seat like others. Did not expect that could happen. Something you should consider before moving it surgically.
DougAnd
Last edited by DougAnd on Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 pm

Getitdone,
My pump was originally at the base of my penis on the left side. I was not happy with the way it felt, especially when inflated and having intercourse. It was easy to reach but I was not satisfied.
4-1/2 months later I had it repositioned. It now sits lower in my scrotum, below my left nut. I have a relatively small scrotum, but after 17 years of TRT my nuts are about the size of acorns, so my third nut has plenty of room to itself :D .
Pump is very easy to handle inflating and deflating and can be done with either hand. Glad I had it moved.
PM me if you’d like.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:27 am

getitdone wrote:This question is for men that have already been implanted and have gotten past the initial healing and are at least cycling the implant.

In your opinion, is the pump better high in the scrotum at the base of the penis or lower in the scrotum?

Background........ I was implanted 5 weeks ago and I have my 6 week followup next week. Before surgery I had asked the Dr. to put the pump lower in the scrotum because that's what I have generally found that most men on FT are pleased with. At the time the Dr. told me that it is not good to have the pump lower in the scrotum because I would end up "sitting on it". I ended up with the pump high at the base of the penis. Everything seems to be working fine but I think it would better if the pump was not at the top of the scrotum.

What Im looking for is information for when I go see the Dr. I can have "testimonials" from men who actually have implants and opinions about pump placement. The Dr. may be the "expert" at the surgery, but he doesn't have one. I believe that feedback from men who actually have implants is more important than the Dr's opinion.

Mine is low in the scrotum and the surgeon put a few sutures in to keep it low. I have never sat on it, that's just silly... you would have to have a huge ball sack to be able to sit on it. :D I personally believe that mine is in the perfect place for appearance and functionality. :)

Larry

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 am

I'm 8 weeks out and i have sat on mine once. it is low and equal to the hang of the left nut, my right nut is above it and the pump is behind both. I too have small testicles due to 20 + years of HRT. The time i sat on it was riding my Harley and what i found was that my old Levis just don't work for me. with the now larger scrotum and penis i switched my jeans to Duluth Trading ball room jeans and now plenty of room. With its low position i can control it with either hand. I had a hematoma develop between the pump and right testicle so still dealing with the resolution of that and if need be will have a surgery to remove the tissue if it doesn't fully resorb but instead turns to scar tissue.
good luck
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed May 01, 2019 11:05 am

Mine is low in the bag. The first few months it was rough climbing up into my van seat and dragging it along. It never really hurt, just made its presence known. With it low it's very easy to grasp the deflate button and hold it, plus I can semi rotate it around to grasp with different areas of ballsack skin to inflate. I wouldn't have it any other way. I've gotten used to it bouncing against my wife during vigorous sex as well.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Return to “Implants”