Realistic Size Expectations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
St1pan2019

Realistic Size Expectations

Postby St1pan2019 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Just wondering What kind of experience the current bionic guys on FT have had with heir erect implant size compared to their pre implant stretch size and if you can share. I know size isn’t everything I get it but it’s still somewhat important to keep what you currently have at least in terms of flaccid stretch size when erect. When I bone press and measure to the tip of the glans I am prettty consistent at 6 inches or just over 15 cm. Any indication what that may result in once you have an erection with an implant done by a good surgeon? Or is it impossible to tell at all as I know everyone is built differently. I know useable will be less than 6” as the fat pad comes into play but my fat pad is pretty slim. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

tomas1

Re: Realistic Size Expectations

Postby tomas1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:34 pm

I believe if you have no pre-existing conditions you should expect the same length with the implant as before.
My surgeon never stretched or measured me and I was at the pre-implant length right after surgery.
You may lose a fraction of an inch due to glans engorgement, but that's immaterial.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm

My experience was the same as Tomas1.

I had no complicating factors and a good, experienced surgeon dedicated to his craft who listened to my concerns and appreciated my research and made me feel welcome as a part of my medical care team. Those last factors may be irrelevant to my physical outcome, but I believe are important as a reassurance of the earlier factors.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

gene308

Postby gene308 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:46 pm

I was measured twice: once by the PA and then by the surgeon. 14cm to mid glans. That was exactly what I measured after surgery. The stretch test was very accurate for me. It was also a shared expectation with the surgeon. From your question i would be sure to discuss what the surgeon will do to maximize size before agreeing to surgery.
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:21 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:My experience was the same as Tomas1.

I had no complicating factors and a good, experienced surgeon dedicated to his craft who listened to my concerns and appreciated my research and made me feel welcome as a part of my medical care team. Those last factors may be irrelevant to my physical outcome, but I believe are important as a reassurance of the earlier factors.

What would be considered complicating factors? I don’t have have any curvature or anything like that but I see scarring seems to be a big issue with people. What causes scarring? Injections? Is scarring of the tissues something the doc can see before surgery if some kind of ultrasound is done? My guess is a good doc would want to see what he’s working with before slicing you open.
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:33 pm

gene308 wrote:I was measured twice: once by the PA and then by the surgeon. 14cm to mid glans. That was exactly what I measured after surgery. The stretch test was very accurate for me. It was also a shared expectation with the surgeon. From your question i would be sure to discuss what the surgeon will do to maximize size before agreeing to surgery.

So you measure 14cm bone pressed before surgery and the day after surgery you were the same length stretched? Or fully pumped up?
Implanted 1/9/2020

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:48 pm

My doc felt my junk and said he didn't notice any scarring. Also Peyronies would be a pre-existing condition.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:56 pm

St1pan2019 wrote:

What would be considered complicating factors? I don’t have have any curvature or anything like that but I see scarring seems to be a big issue with people. What causes scarring? Injections? Is scarring of the tissues something the doc can see before surgery if some kind of ultrasound is done? My guess is a good doc would want to see what he’s working with before slicing you open.

Since I had no complicating factors, I don't know for sure, but I would guess damaged tunica (one member here wound up with a malleable because his penis would not tolerate an inflatable - surgeon said "thinning" as I recall), scar tissue, damaged urethra, I am really just guessing.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:00 pm

I agree with everyone. Expect your best flaccid stretch. My surgeons showed me I'd lose about 1/4 inch. I kept that quarter and gained another half to boot. You have 6 now you should have 6 after. But I only came home with 4. Took me 6 long hard months to get back everything. I had severe scarring from peyronies going in.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:01 pm

St1pan2019 wrote:

St1pan2019, Definitely scarring and fibrosis from penile injections over a long period of time could effect your length post op. It seems to have effected some guys on here including myself. Also, Peryiones I would think plays a factor as well.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

Return to “Implants”