UK Question: Leeds St James- Anyone have experience with Dr Oliver Kayes

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aquila1987

UK Question: Leeds St James- Anyone have experience with Dr Oliver Kayes

Postby aquila1987 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:19 am

Hey guys

So, I'm currently awaiting surgery for a Titan Penile Implant.
After doing all the necessary research, finding peer reviewed paperwork, Franktalk topics and interviews with implantees. However, as the UK is different in its approach to surgery reviews by patients, I was wondering if someone here had been a patient at Leeds St James Hopsital or Spire, under the care of Oliver Kayes? Online resources state he is a highly skills surgeon with areas of expertise in urology and male sexual dysfunction. However, no feedback from patients regarding implant surgery conducted by him.
Has anyone on FT been implanted by Mr Kayes ?
32 yr old. UK. Venous Leak confirmed. Tried Pills, Injections and VED. Confirmed for penile Implant, currently on waiting list.

Larry10625

Re: UK Question: Leeds St James- Anyone have experience with Dr Oliver Kayes

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:25 am

aquila1987 wrote:Hey guys

So, I'm currently awaiting surgery for a Titan Penile Implant.
After doing all the necessary research, finding peer reviewed paperwork, Franktalk topics and interviews with implantees. However, as the UK is different in its approach to surgery reviews by patients, I was wondering if someone here had been a patient at Leeds St James Hopsital or Spire, under the care of Oliver Kayes? Online resources state he is a highly skills surgeon with areas of expertise in urology and male sexual dysfunction. However, no feedback from patients regarding implant surgery conducted by him.
Has anyone on FT been implanted by Mr Kayes ?

No news is good news. :)

Larry

aquila1987

Postby aquila1987 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:46 am

Good point, silver lining kinda thinking there ha! :lol:
32 yr old. UK. Venous Leak confirmed. Tried Pills, Injections and VED. Confirmed for penile Implant, currently on waiting list.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 am

aquila1987 wrote:Good point, silver lining kinda thinking there ha! :lol:

It has been my experience that people have absolutely no problem complaining, writing bad reviews, etc. but not as quick to praise. Just keep that in mind when you are reading reviews. Also, the reviews on my doctor were stupid things like the secretary was rude to me on the phone, etc. If someone is going to review the doctor, I wish they would review the doctor. :)

Larry

aquila1987

Postby aquila1987 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 am

Another excellent point. I think we've all been, at one point, quicker to judge rather than praise.

I just think that maybe here in the UK, testimonials are not as common when referring to NHS staff.

That being said, he has a good reputation of being a extremely well educated and experienced surgeon with expertise in the male anatomy. I just think hearing from someone who has had surgery would make me feel more at ease.

Once my surgery has been completed, I'm more than happy to post before, during and after pics along with a diary for those in the UK and abroad considering surgery.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 pm

I know in the USA, it is possible to track down the Titan representative (sales guy) for a specific territory. The manufacturers website? Try that approach and simply ask him if he knows how many implants a year the doctor does. If it's significant, that should make you feel somewhat better. As others have said, testimonials are often questionable.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Return to “Implants”