Implant uro visit (12 per year) 24 year old

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Aemill

Implant uro visit (12 per year) 24 year old

Postby Aemill » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi,

I have tried pretty much every avalible treatment for ED and I have set my mind on an implant. The implant uro I am meeting does just 12 operations per year so I want to ask him a few questions. What do you think are the best to ask to test his competence?

Infection rate
Other complications
Penile length loss
Use of RTE
Price of operation
Last edited by Aemill on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born 1995, VL since 18, pills dont work, injections provide good 20 minute erection which hurts, implanted AMS CXR 14+6 due to fibrosis

Larry10625

Re: Implant uro visit (12 per year)

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:33 am

Aemill wrote:Hi,

I have tried pretty much every avalible treatment for ED and I have set my mind on an implant. The implant uro I am meeting does just 12 operations per year so I want to ask him a few questions. What do you think are the best to ask to test his competence?

Infection rate
Other complications
Penile length loss
Use of RTE
Price of operation

Size prediction, implant brand, how long until you can cycle, have sex :)

Larry

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Search the forum using his name.
Read as many posts as possible to see what others think are important questions.
I would also suggest the following steps. Do your best to preserve what penis size you have. The fact that you was fooling with manual lengthening says a lot. Why the jelque foolery, not a good way to go imho.
I would also suggest exploring the insurance angle more. Are you still under your parents policy? What coverage does it provide? Seek out a job with a good insurance plan. Even if the pay is on the low side or it isn't what you want to do. A stint of a few years there will be a lot easier than saving up the $20K or so for a cash surgery.
Just my quick thoughts.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Aemill

Postby Aemill » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm

I am not from the states and the doctor is not known here on the forum. I live in a small European country.

The operation is not covered by any insurance and I will pay it out of pocket, hard earned money for my age, about 14k USD.
Born 1995, VL since 18, pills dont work, injections provide good 20 minute erection which hurts, implanted AMS CXR 14+6 due to fibrosis

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Is your country part of the European Union? If yes & your English is acceptable. Could you legally go work in England? If yes, I've seen posts by a few members that have had implants done there. I'm fairly sure that England's healthcare system covers implants. I think that Dr. Ralph's name has been mentioned. Using that name, search the forum.
Would you be willing to tell us what country you're in? I sincerely wish you the best luck. No matter what country any of us are in. Getting an implant requires jumping through many hoops. Keep reading the forum & asking questions.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

mr.skin

Re: Implant uro visit (12 per year) 24 year old

Postby mr.skin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:08 am

I guess an implant out of pocket in Germany is 16k€ and the top ones here do 40-50 a year.

Maybe get in touch with leiber and osmonov.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Aemill

Postby Aemill » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 am

Yeah, I am an European union citizen.

Now I learned, I might get a shot at getting an exception for payment from my medical insurance due to my age. The chances are not big, but worth a shot.

I would not go to England as the implant will be covered only through Medicare and you get a random surgeon assigned. Not to mention waiting one more year to go through the process of diagnosing ED.

I have very good references for Osmov and Leiber and talked about them with some German guys here. The only problem is the additional cost for travelling, revisions, implant price, etc. I have been thinking about moving to Germany permanently for a great job opportunity and better health insurance as I will need at least 6 replacements in my lifetime. But right now, due to my studies and job I have to stay in my country till the end of year.

I guess that I will decide based on the visit with the implant uro.

Thx

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 am

Aemill wrote:Yeah, I am an European union citizen.

Now I learned, I might get a shot at getting an exception for payment from my medical insurance due to my age. The chances are not big, but worth a shot.

I would not go to England as the implant will be covered only through Medicare and you get a random surgeon assigned. Not to mention waiting one more year to go through the process of diagnosing ED.

I have very good references for Osmov and Leiber and talked about them with some German guys here. The only problem is the additional cost for travelling, revisions, implant price, etc. I have been thinking about moving to Germany permanently for a great job opportunity and better health insurance as I will need at least 6 replacements in my lifetime. But right now, due to my studies and job I have to stay in my country till the end of year.

I guess that I will decide based on the visit with the implant uro.

Thx

I agree, I had only 4 or 5 injections... they hurt, were not even a little bit romantic and because of the pain they caused me, the sex was not enjoyable. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Good luck brother.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Aemill wrote:Hi,

Infection rate
Other complications
Penile length loss
Use of RTE
Price of operation

Get testimonials from former patients. To protect privacy, ask if your surgeon will give a few of his prior patients your contact information with a request that those prior patients contact you (f they are willing) to tell how their experience was. If the prior patients don't want to talk to you live, they could write a letter to you, give the letter to the surgeon for forwarding to you.

Ask how he decides the important decisions. Selecting the manufacturer and model of implant, how many rear tip extenders he uses and why, how he chooses the size of implant.

Of course, I am a highly involved patient. Some men prefer to let these questions completely up to the surgeon. I will not fault anyone for that decision. I prefer to be integrated into my medical care team. Call me a "Participatory Patient". Some surgeons do not like that. The surgeon I chose appreciated that. That is partly why I chose him.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”