6-Week Post-op Update and a Couple of Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TheProfessor

6-Week Post-op Update and a Couple of Questions

Postby TheProfessor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm

I had modified Nesbit and implant procedures on March 6. I left the hospital with a 20% inflation. Yesterday I had my 6-week checkup and was finally able to activate this thing. I can’t thank the folks on this forum enough for your support and counsel through it all.

I had no pain at all when I fully inflated in the doc's office. Since 6 weeks had gone by, I had no swelling and the stitches from the Peyronie’s procedure were healed. Other than losing the pump at one point and shooting it across the inside of my scrotum (ouch), inflating and deflating has been pretty easy. And my 90-degree upward curve is gone.

My big questions are these: I have an AMS device. When I initially squeeze the pump, I feel a ‘click.’ After that, how do I know 1) that I’m squeezing the pump hard enough and 2) that I’ve inflated all that I’m able to inflate?

My girth is definitely improved, and I’m happy with my initial length. Doc says that will improve. I haven’t measured either one yet.

Now that I’m through the recovery, I’m sure glad I had both of these two procedures done.

TheProfessor
The Professor

RP July 2016
Gleason 3+4=7
Peyronies
AMS Implant March 2019

University Professor of History

George03

Re: 6-Week Post-op Update and a Couple of Questions

Postby George03 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Keep pumping until you can't pump anymore, wait a few minutes and try again. I am about 6 months post activation, length and girth
still improving. Doc said it would continue to improve for at least a year, which would be great, but pretty satisfied now.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Great to hear such good news. As long as you can squeeze it pumps. When you can no longer squeeze your cylinders are maxed out. But wait a few minutes and squeeze again or try micro squeezes tiny sharp squeezes. That gives you a bit more.
If you squeeze hard after you max out it will continue to fill and easily deflate but nothing happens. Wait a few minutes and try again or micro squeeze.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:04 am

TheProfessor wrote:I had modified Nesbit and implant procedures on March 6. I left the hospital with a 20% inflation. Yesterday I had my 6-week checkup and was finally able to activate this thing. I can’t thank the folks on this forum enough for your support and counsel through it all.

I had no pain at all when I fully inflated in the doc's office. Since 6 weeks had gone by, I had no swelling and the stitches from the Peyronie’s procedure were healed. Other than losing the pump at one point and shooting it across the inside of my scrotum (ouch), inflating and deflating has been pretty easy. And my 90-degree upward curve is gone.

My big questions are these: I have an AMS device. When I initially squeeze the pump, I feel a ‘click.’ After that, how do I know 1) that I’m squeezing the pump hard enough and 2) that I’ve inflated all that I’m able to inflate?

My girth is definitely improved, and I’m happy with my initial length. Doc says that will improve. I haven’t measured either one yet.

Now that I’m through the recovery, I’m sure glad I had both of these two procedures done.

TheProfessor

The sounds you are hearing are normal.. Keep pumpin' you are doing great. :)

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:31 pm

I find it easier to squeeze near the block. Seems to work better and not as easy to slip away from you. My doc suggested this way of pumping early on.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:44 pm

I squeeze on the end of the bulb and generally it is soft to squeeze. If I want a full erection, it takes about twenty four squeezes, but I am not squeezing the whole ball, I only squeeze about half and the bionic moves starts right away. Right now it feels when fully erected like if I am holding a flash light in my hand. I think it got bigger in girth on this third revision. We will find out when everything settles down to normal and there might still be some swelling even though I think it is all back to normal when deflated anyways. But it still feels tender when I first start exercising it. I am not rushing into anything this third time, I want for it to last as long as the first implant which was 15 years. I really like the way this surgeon pulled the LGX cylinders more into the gland. I would say probably about a half inch. So he had to add rte at the base. Not sure how many to make up the slack. I have not picked up the surgery records yet. What ever he done I love it. Great surgeon looks like.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:16 pm

I find it convenient to hold the pump body with thumb and forefinger of one hand while squeezing the bulb with the other hand's forefinger and the base of the thumb .

The one hand is reaching over the top of my penis with the heel of my hand on my pubic mound, thumb on one side of the base of my penis and forefinger on the other side of the penis.

Held this way, I have a very stable grip on the pump with the one hand and the other hand has never slipped off of the pump bulb.

This does not have the convenience of one-handed pumping, but is reliable and I can get pumped up very quickly and to the maximum pressure I can get by any means.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”