Surgery didn’t turn out as planned!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Palmtree

Surgery didn’t turn out as planned!

Postby Palmtree » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 pm

I woke from surgery this time last week to find myself with a malleable implant when I had expected to wake up with a pump! Apparently the corpus cavernosa was too fibrous for the pump system. Somewhat disappointed as stuck with a permanent erection and not allowed to bend it for six weeks. It’s impossible to hide and it’s my brothers wedding in two weeks!! I’m very sore and it’s black under the sac. Is this pooling blood and should I be worried? I would be grateful for any advice, especially about how to hide the big fella when in public

DougAnd

Re: Surgery didn’t turn out as planned!

Postby DougAnd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm

PT,
Very sorry for your outcome. AMS does make a very small cylinder for your application. I'm not even going to ask who you used. Your outcome says enough. A black scrotum is normal. Keep your butt higher than your heart and it will recover faster. You didn't say how much you are trying to hide. Swelling will make anything harder to hide. Even with it bent straight down you will still bulge.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Seriously dark bruising under the sac is not unusual, at least not for a scrotal approach implanting an inflatable. Did your surgeon attempt an inflatable (partially installing) and then have to remove it when switching to the malleable?

Too late to think about the other option to the malleable are the AMS and Coloplast narrow inflatables. But you could ask if that was an option considered and rejected. Fore future reference, if your scarring/narrowing is not too bad a revision from the malleable to an inflatable may be possible. Probably not before the wedding, though. Malleables are often used as "place holders" between removal of one inflatable implant and implanting another inflatable. Your current malleable MIGHT make enough room after everything settles in for revision to an inflatable after a while. As your surgeon about this while his memory of your innards is still fresh.

While (it seems) most men implanted with a malleable bend theirs down, after two weeks, you might be able to bend the implant upward and off to the side. The amount of bending would be less than downward; ask your surgeon (even over the phone), sooner rather than later. A penis up against your belly would be easier to conceal, I think, and could be retained in position and protected by tight underwear. They do make "Spanks" for men now. Other control "foundation" undergarments are also options.

People who carry concealed handguns are familiar with the concept of "dressing around the gun", and choose clothes that facilitate concealment. If your clothes for the ceremony are not yet made (I don't know if you have a tailor, buy off the rack or make do with business attire, or if you Brother's wedding will be casual dress) a longer jacket will help. In the least imaginative way to "dress around" your implant, padding out your groin area (with the implication that you gained weight) would make a bulge AROUND the implant bulge in which your implant bulge could hide.

Good luck, and congratulate your Brother for me.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Palmtree

Postby Palmtree » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Many thanks to you both for the brilliant advice.
They did try and put the Coloplast inflatable in but said the fit really was too tough. They then said they might be able to fit the inflatable system in future, which I didn’t quite understand - if they couldn’t put it in this time, what makes them think they will be successful if they try again?
Since having the surgery I have been told not to bend it but to have it pointing upwards or downwards. Due to the swelling in the scrotum it won’t point down and just sticks out if I try. I also found that I had been left with a catheter, which was due to come out the day after the op. Because it didn’t go to plan I have been left with the catheter for 14 days.
I will look into getting a long jacket for the wedding, thank you for the advice

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Palmtree wrote:Many thanks to you both for the brilliant advice.

You are most welcome.
Palmtree wrote:They did try and put the Coloplast inflatable in but said the fit really was too tough. They then said they might be able to fit the inflatable system in future, which I didn’t quite understand - if they couldn’t put it in this time, what makes them think they will be successful if they try again?

With the malleable in place, your tissues will form a "pseudo-capsule" (a medical term) around it which promises to be regular in diameter and, when the malleable is removed, amenable to insertion of an inflatable. Perhaps the smaller diameter inflatable, but at least you will be able to adjust rigidity so you can relax your penis for the majority of its life in between "performances". This is good news!
Palmtree wrote:Since having the surgery I have been told not to bend it but to have it pointing upwards or downwards.

Even before my surgery, I prefered to wear my penis "up". I was a "grower" and short enough when flaccid that my penis tip would rub uncomfortably on the inside of my clothes (and make an obvious bump) rather than hand down. Now that I am longer when flaccid, I still prefer pointing up, particularly since I am sometimes softly inflated.

I also do not like the idea of putting a downward bend or kink in the implant where it exits my body. For sex, it points up. When relaxed, I keep it up.
Palmtree wrote:I also found that I had been left with a catheter, which was due to come out the day after the op. Because it didn’t go to plan I have been left with the catheter for 14 days.

I found the catheter to be quite a convenience for the first 24 hours or so. I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I cannot imagine having to deal with any sort of daily life (showering, moving bowels, getting dressed, much less going out anywhere) for TWO WEEKS? I guess it is better to avoid the risk of your urethra being squished (possibly developing a blockage?).
Palmtree wrote:I will look into getting a long jacket for the wedding, thank you for the advice

The hospital sent me home with a jock strap (athletic supported) a bit smaller than I would normally wear for sports. It helped immensely for comfort and decorum.

Don't overlook the potential of compression garments. Once donned, they are quite tolerable. And don't eschew those intended for women.

A "codpiece" was worn a couple centuries ago to enhance the appearance of a man's genital area. The same concept could be used to minimize the same area.

Combining all the above tactics should do the trick.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Palmtree

Postby Palmtree » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Thank you Lostsheep. You have really helped with my understanding.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Palmtree wrote:I woke from surgery this time last week to find myself with a malleable implant when I had expected to wake up with a pump! Apparently the corpus cavernosa was too fibrous for the pump system. Somewhat disappointed as stuck with a permanent erection and not allowed to bend it for six weeks. It’s impossible to hide and it’s my brothers wedding in two weeks!! I’m very sore and it’s black under the sac. Is this pooling blood and should I be worried? I would be grateful for any advice, especially about how to hide the big fella when in public

I'm very sorry for your rotten luck. Maybe a jock would keep it at bay.

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm

PT,
Because it didn’t go to plan I have been left with the catheter for 14 days.

I'd be really worried about infection after 3 days without changing the catheter. What state or nation do you live in?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Just speculation here, but my thought is 14 days with catheter and a rigid implant tells me they punctured your urethra is the real story. It would take a while to find the charts but the rigid implants and narrow inflatables are similar in diameters and there are fat size rigid.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm

alibaba wrote:Just speculation here, but my thought is 14 days with catheter and a rigid implant tells me they punctured your urethra is the real story. It would take a while to find the charts but the rigid implants and narrow inflatables are similar in diameters and there are fat size rigid.

That alarming assessment makes sense.

Palmtree, how is your relationship with the surgeon? Do you have free and open conversations with him? Simply asking if there was anything unusual or directly about damage to your urethra during the operation might be easier than reading the operation report (but doing both would be prudent).

A frank and honest doctor would certainly tell you whatever happened during the surgery. Some doctors/surgeons need to be asked. Few would lie and they need to be weeded out of the medical profession (but this last category is, thankfully, rare).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”