Surgery didn’t turn out as planned!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Surgery didn’t turn out as planned!

Postby DougAnd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Ali,
,I had not thought of that.
PT go to your surgery center and get a copy of the surgical notes ASAP. That will tell you the truth. Do not rely on any other source. After you read the notes then you can ask intelligent questions. Pertinent questions.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm

All surgical instructions for implants state for the doctor to take care and not puncture the urethra and to test to make sure they have not. Not sure of the procedure at the moment as I am working on another project and not in the proper mode of thought. Having had urethral surgery and knowing 2 weeks of catheter is standard for that to prevent leakage and help to prevent a stricture in healing, I think my assessment is probable spot on.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Palmtree

Postby Palmtree » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Thank you. I have a copy of the discharge summary which says surgery was “uncomplicated”. I am due to meet with the surgeon on 29th April and I will request my medical records for the operation.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:28 pm

I requested my medical records from the surgeon when I went on my post surgery appointment. The nurse told me that they do not keep the records as to what they done on the operation, that the records are kept at the hospital, and that if you want a step by step as to what they applied size etc etc, you can get them at the records department of the hospital.

What I suggest you do now is to apply ice packs for about twenty minutes at a time and do it at least every three hours. That is what I done on my third revision and I was almost fully recovered in 22 days. Could not believe it because the other two it took four and six weeks to completely recover. Not this time! It still feels a little tender when I inflate it to max and stroke it gently, but my third was a charm so far.

Good luck with your malleable.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Palmtree

Postby Palmtree » Wed May 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello. So I’m now six week’s post surgery and (so far) infection free. Saw the surgeon who told me that the original plan for an inflatable implant was abandoned when intraoperatively I had a perforation of my left proximal crUS. The perforation was quite large and in view of this The surgeon elected to place a malleable penile implant instead. So I have a slightly shorter malleable important on my left to ensure there is no extrusion from the left side, stitched in place. It means my penis hangs about 45 degrees to the left. Bending the rods downwards doesn’t really help due to the shortness of my penis and the bend to the left.

The surgeon suggested if I wasn’t happy I could possibly have the inflatable implant fitted but not in the next six months. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has been in the same position as me with a shorter rod on one side, and whether they opted for revision surgical procedure to have inflatable device fitted.

Return to “Implants”