AMS700 Pump Issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: AMS700 Pump Issue

Postby DougAnd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:00 am

Brad,
Look at the card you got with your implant. Read carefully to see if it says "pre assembled". Those are made to fit pygmies. Unless you fall into that category I doubt that you will ever get the result that the AMS advertisement video shows with the pump deep in your scrotum. After 3 months I just couldn't take anymore had another surgery to put the pump where it should have been to start with. Hope that is not your case.
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:09 pm

brad100 wrote:
DougAnd wrote:Brad ,
Your problem sounds similar to what I had for months. My pump locked up every time. Try squeezing from the middle. Is your pump high or deep and low in your scrotum?

My pump is high on the right side and sticks out. I am wondering if it will ever drop...

Hometeam has (I think) a similar condition, as do I.

My left testicle is atop my pump, thus higher than my right. In fact, I can barely find my left testicle. I have to really feel around in there.

As a result of the pump position, the pump bulb makes a bulge in my scrotum clearly visible when I wear (form-fitting) briefs. Also, the pump body is high enough in my scrotum that I cannot use a Vacuum Device (the pump body hits the bottom edge of the vacuum cylinder and prevents a good seal) for any post-implant engorgement of the spongiosum.

Still, with all that, my erections are as satisfactory as they were when I was 18 years old and the pump operates admirably well.

I discussed the pump location with my surgeon and our assessment is that opening my scrotum to reposition the pump would be not worth the trouble.

Of course, I have no intention of fathering children or any risk factors for testicular disease or anything complicating like that, so do not have any concerns about testicular health. I guess testicular torsion/strangulation would be my greatest danger and little likelihood of that.

I hope your pump location concerns are equally trivial.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:42 pm

brad100 wrote:
oldbeek wrote:Several times I had to squeeze the ends of the pump block to reset it. 1 Squeezze does little as far as inflating my dick. It take 15 to get any hardness at all.

To reset the pump, should I squeeze the ends of the pump block and then the deflate button, or just the block?

Just squeeze the ends of the block will reset things.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”