Still Undecided about an Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bailey

Still Undecided about an Implant?

Postby Bailey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:17 am

My wife & I had our 2nd consultation with Dr. Richard Roach recently. He said he implants both the AMS & Coloplast. He previously did the implants by penoscrotal, but now prefers the infrapubic procedure. For me he suggested the Coloplast. I am still undecided if I should have this surgery at 77 years old, & if so which penile prosthesis? It’s such a private issue with men, & it’s not like most every health issue you can discuss with family & friends. My wife even made the comment that your not going to tell anyone about what surgery your having if you do it are you? I said no, that I would tell everyone that I had a hernia operation. It’s so sad that it’s such a taboo subject that men are just too embarrassed to bring it up with family & friends. Well enough said, & thanks for allowing me to express my sincere thoughts. Any advice would be appreciated. Once I’ve made my decision I will post an update. Thanks again, & take care, Bailey

Larry10625

Re: Still Undecided about an Implant?

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am

Bailey wrote:My wife & I had our 2nd consultation with Dr. Richard Roach recently. He said he implants both the AMS & Coloplast. He previously did the implants by penoscrotal, but now prefers the infrapubic procedure. For me he suggested the Coloplast. I am still undecided if I should have this surgery at 77 years old, & if so which penile prosthesis? It’s such a private issue with men, & it’s not like most every health issue you can discuss with family & friends. My wife even made the comment that your not going to tell anyone about what surgery your having if you do it are you? I said no, that I would tell everyone that I had a hernia operation. It’s so sad that it’s such a taboo subject that men are just too embarrassed to bring it up with family & friends. Well enough said, & thanks for allowing me to express my sincere thoughts. Any advice would be appreciated. Once I’ve made my decision I will post an update. Thanks again, & take care, Bailey

Bailey, if your doctor implants both and has suggested the Titan and can tell you why that one vs the others, I think you should take his advice... he must have a reason. I agree with you about men's sex issues being such a taboo subject.. women sit around like a bunch of old hens cackling about sex and that's normal but when men do it, it is suggested that they see a shrink. :(

Larry

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:43 am

Thanks Larry. Have a great day, Bailey

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Bailey, age isn't a problem especially if you're in decent shape.
When I was going to have my surgery, I told my son-in-law my plan and told him it wasn't a secret.
I told my son and he doesn't like to talk about it.

My wife was talking to her sis and let it slip out.
Neither of us think it's a big deal if anyone knows. We don't have a large circle of friends though.

Just as a side effect, our relationship is better that it has ever been and she's up for sex almost every day.
That's fine with me, but I suffer from lack of orgasm with sex. Rosie can get it done, but it takes time.
My wife runs out of stamina at around the 10-12 minute mark, dammit.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Bailey,
It took me more than 4 years to do it. Very glad I did. If sex is still important to your wife do it for her if nothing else. Small price to pay even if it's not perfect it will still work and that is more than enough to go for it.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm

I honestly understand the feeling that health problems are not desirable community topics. Being about something dealing with a couples intimate life just makes it worse.
I'd like to throw out 2 ideas. The wife of an ed sufferer could easily be embarrassed that she can't arouse her mates attention anymore. So she doesn't want it talked about. So to speak, it reduces her standing in the henhouse.
The other hens may like to cackle about the subject. One to establish dominance but maybe more importantly. They have the same problem at home & would like to gather some tricks or hints on how to improve their own lives. Just my opinion, read up on the ed statistics.
I've read that ed just really baffles some women. It's such a change from their younger years that they just can't comprehend what went wrong.
I think some men are more open to talking because they'd be willing to spare other ed sufferers some misery in the learning curve.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Gt1956 wrote:I honestly understand the feeling that health problems are not desirable community topics. Being about something dealing with a couples intimate life just makes it worse.
I'd like to throw out 2 ideas. The wife of an ed sufferer could easily be embarrassed that she can't arouse her mates attention anymore. So she doesn't want it talked about. So to speak, it reduces her standing in the henhouse.
The other hens may like to cackle about the subject. One to establish dominance but maybe more importantly. They have the same problem at home & would like to gather some tricks or hints on how to improve their own lives. Just my opinion, read up on the ed statistics.
I've read that ed just really baffles some women. It's such a change from their younger years that they just can't comprehend what went wrong.
I think some men are more open to talking because they'd be willing to spare other ed sufferers some misery in the learning curve.

I would really like to find a support group for the partners of E.D. sufferers (see my thread, "Partners of E.D." in the "Suggestions" sub-forum.

Women are not permitted here, so a subforum dedicated to them is not likely. The PEGym site suggested in that thread is not as focused on the issues (emotional as well as logistical/practical) as I would like to see (or that you would like to see, either, I think).

I know some women DO talk frankly with other women about sex, but there are plenty of women who are reluctant to share (even in a female-only setting). I would hope that any woman willing to come into a web site focused on E.D. would be willing to open up and discuss. I think we would be the better informed for it.

Having said that, please do not let this post open up the discussion/debate over whether or not FrankTalk should allow women to be members. The decision has been made that the potential benefit is outweighed by the potential drawbacks. Discussed exhaustively in a couple of other threads and the matter settled.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks for all the feedback I am getting. This a real asset in helping me with my decision. A huge SHOUT for the creator of the Franktalk website. This is a real blessing in my life. Bailey

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:34 pm

DougAnd wrote:Bailey,
It took me more than 4 years to do it. Very glad I did. If sex is still important to your wife do it for her if nothing else. Small price to pay even if it's not perfect it will still work and that is more than enough to go for it.

Same here, Doug. I even scheduled a surgery but backed out the day before. A year or two later I bit the bullet and went ahead. I wish I could report a successful outcome, but life intervened as it sometimes does, and I have never used the implant. Nonetheless, I have it and it is still functional.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Same here, Doug. I even scheduled a surgery but backed out the day before. A year or two later I bit the bullet and went ahead. I wish I could report a successful outcome, but life intervened as it sometimes does, and I have never used the implant. Nonetheless, I have it and it is still functional.

Dave that makes me really sad. How do you and your wife deal with that?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”