AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
HomeTeam

Re: AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

Postby HomeTeam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Dogface wrote:Hi DougAnd,
Had my consultation with Dr. Kramer this morning (4/16/19). Surgery tomorrow early morning. We talked about LGX and Titan. Dr. Kramer indicated using more Titans recently than LGX. I was somewhat surprised thinking myself being a LGX guy. I have a lot of shrinkage since prostate removal. He stretched my flaccid 1.5" private to about a 7" Lieutenant. I thought the thing was going to fall off, LOL. Found it amusing because I would never stretch it myself that far. I told him to use his best judgement on which implant to use.

If I feel up to it, I'll post results tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow and yes when you are up to it please posts which implant he used and the length of the implant he inserted inside you. Also, that's a heck of a stretch from 1.5 to 7 by hand. I'm assuming you did not have fibrosis or scar tissue to get a stretch like that?
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

Dogface

Postby Dogface » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm

I don't think there is any scar tissue prior to implant surgery. Only used Trimix injections 4 times and found lasting pain to uncomfortable to continue injections.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:54 pm

Also, there is the matter of how to measure and if you took measurements and came up short, did you measure both times the exact same way?? Food for thought.(Larry)

I think Larry has the best point. I used to use a tape, changed to a ruler now use a pencil with markers. They all showed the same thing. But the important part is the stretch. I think Perito said something like I don't put my knee in your chest and pull. None of these reports or studies mean anything if they don't do a max stretch before surgery. The Andrology report looks great but if the stretch was wimpy then it means nothing. Same with growth or no growth for Titan or LGX. The report that the actual LGX cylinder grew twice as fast as the others is real data. The cylinder cannot grow unless the penis grows with it. (That is unless the doc shorted you the 15 or 20% it grew)
If you guys getting implants have not done a tight measurement before surgery you will have no way of knowing if you gained or lost.The night before my surgery I did both VED and flaccid stretch. They matched. With me if I can stay ved stretched for a week then my flaccid stretch matches. Of course now with my implant if I hold a VED stretch for a week or so my full pump will match it.
None of this takes the patient into consideration. Maybe a good implant length will give you the same results no matter what you do or don't do. Maybe not.
All I know is that 60, 70 ,80 percent of guys implanted say they were shortened that's far to much to explain away.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 pm

DougAnd wrote:Also, there is the matter of how to measure and if you took measurements and came up short, did you measure both times the exact same way?? Food for thought.(Larry)

I think Larry has the best point. I used to use a tape, changed to a ruler now use a pencil with markers. They all showed the same thing. But the important part is the stretch. I think Perito said something like I don't put my knee in your chest and pull. None of these reports or studies mean anything if they don't do a max stretch before surgery. The Andrology report looks great but if the stretch was wimpy then it means nothing. Same with growth or no growth for Titan or LGX. The report that the actual LGX cylinder grew twice as fast as the others is real data. The cylinder cannot grow unless the penis grows with it. (That is unless the doc shorted you the 15 or 20% it grew)
If you guys getting implants have not done a tight measurement before surgery you will have no way of knowing if you gained or lost.The night before my surgery I did both VED and flaccid stretch. They matched. With me if I can stay ved stretched for a week then my flaccid stretch matches. Of course now with my implant if I hold a VED stretch for a week or so my full pump will match it.
None of this takes the patient into consideration. Maybe a good implant length will give you the same results no matter what you do or don't do. Maybe not.
All I know is that 60, 70 ,80 percent of guys implanted say they were shortened that's far to much to explain away.

DougAnd you make valid points. Just a few minutes ago I fully pumped my Titan implant up to max and then put the VED on my penis, it measured 13.25 CM (5.2 inches) versus VED of 17.25 CM (6.8 inches) the night before my surgery. Approximately 2 inch lost since surgery on 1/25/19. Right now without the VED fully pumped erect I'm at 4.75 inches (without glan engorgement from VED). Prior to implant I was 6 with Trimix. I've been only cycling for 3.5 weeks now but I'm wondering if I should have demanded a LGX.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Home Team unless your rear tips are coming out of your anus you have got a monster hiding in your pants. 22 cm cannot hide forever. I can tell you right now that the Titan with its thick cylinders will pop out much faster than the LGX and its soft cylinders. Don't give up just yet. If you have lots of scarring like me your battle has just begun. But a you have a sword compared to my knife. If you don't make 6 before fall I will be very surprised. And more especially with VED assist. I kept a daily log. Do the same. It showed me my ups and downs but I was steadily going longer with shorter downs each time. Helped me keep hope. So will you.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 pm

DougAnd wrote:Home Team unless your rear tips are coming out of your anus you have got a monster hiding in your pants. 22 cm cannot hide forever. I can tell you right now that the Titan with its thick cylinders will pop out much faster than the LGX and its soft cylinders. Don't give up just yet. If you have lots of scarring like me your battle has just begun. But a you have a sword compared to my knife. If you don't make 6 before fall I will be very surprised. And more especially with VED assist. I kept a daily log. Do the same. It showed me my ups and downs but I was steadily going longer with shorter downs each time. Helped me keep hope. So will you.

DougAnd thanks for the encouragement as I was freaking out :D! What's weird is I don't feel any tips near my anus at all. Dr. Perito keeps telling me to be patient because I had a lot of scar tissue he had to break up with his 'scratch technique'. The VED is really helping though.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 pm

regarding Dr Perrito statement:
".....Titan comes larger than the AMS products including the AMS Lgx. Titan comes in longer in CM's, more thicker (larger girth), and better rigidity". He said "if you oversize a Titan its almost the same effect of a AMS Lgx but with better girth and more rigidity". He said if I keep cycling my oversized Titan and do some VED I will stretch out over time to pre-length implant size.

My response: 100% correct. This is my experience as well (though I never use VED)

I will never forget the following post by lunacync on franktalk in December 2018 which stated:

lunacynic » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 pm

dear guys and gals

please make a bigger one

sincerely

me
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

The bottom line, if your surgeon believes that you can handle a Titan, then, by all means, get the Titan. Period.

TANGerine

PS: I think the best discussion on this is from Dr Kramer who has a really good video about AMS versus Coloplast. Importantly, he emphatically states that you DO NOT get a longer penis with the LGX just because it is a length girth expansion mesh. The penis length is determined by your surgeon and how aggressively he sizes you. Remember, a 21 CM LGX maxes out at 21 CM. It shrinks down from there while flacid, so the LGX is a little like being a "grower" rather than a "shower".
This video can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PPId-OVzag
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:08 am

I agree with others. I was worried when i woke up with a 19 cm titan and prestretched the night before surgery at 6.25. I was hoping for at least 20 cm, which is what others on here in that size range were getting.

Finishing up my 6th week and i am at my presurgery stretch length.have gotten progressively longer each week as pain has also gotten better and internal trauma is obviously getting better. I might could have gotten 20 cm installed as i do not feel any pain in the cruz or reslly the tips when max inflated. I never was able to ever get to my max ved length of 6.75 inches on a strrtch. But i had some bad curvature with peyronies and severe dents even the ved never took out. Wierd looking at a ved pumped dick filling a tube and still have a couple hourglass dents there very noticeable.

Withh 22 cm cylinders you should get longer if the tips are well in the glans and you definitrly should be able to feel them. I definitly can. A lot of those posting on here with 22 cm are at high 6 or 7 inch range.

I can say my tips are well up in the glans. Sex has been great. Dick is pretty straight with slight curve but i had it naturally so not much difference.

Wife wanted it pumped up as hard as i could get it our first time. My glans engorged same as ever. I lasted about 40 minutes or so before i finished. Same feelings as before. I could have finished earlier we just prolonged as long as i wanted to. Went on after for about 15 minutes or so until she finished another couple herself. It was nice to stay hard and the additional lubrication did not hurt snything.

These titan cylinders are really hard though. Pumped up, missionary style is sbout it as i am still pretty much at 1 o clock, and am not pushing it down right now period.

Flaccid it is hanging at about 4.30 o clock which is about normal for me sitting on top of my scrotum and hanging down one or other pant leg in jeans. I wear a lot of jog pants or loose shorts around house still though.

One thing is do you ever get to point where you cannot pump anymore into the titan. Over about 20 minutes or so i csn usually add 4 or 5 pumps until i can pump no more but the pump is still hard and full of saline.

I have a 125 cc reservoir which is obviously full and with just the 19 cm cylinders.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am

I guess I'm one of the minority who didn't lose length after surgery.
I was right at my pre-implant length right out-of-the-box.
Funny, my doc never did a stretch or asked my length.
I injected for 6 years, but don't think I suffered any scarring.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 am

I'm seeing that the cylinders support what your penis has to give. But that this is very much a team effort. I never said this before because it might be taken the wrong way but I am very much convinced that each person has a lot to do with the length you end up with. My VED has definitely stretched me out longer than my cylinders ever could have by themselves. But guys who have sex once or twice a day with cylinders fully pumped probably get the same results, maybe more from the stimulation of sex and the tight embrace to stretch.
Yes your Doctor has to give you the chance by a decent measurement. I've often thought about making an appt with the guys who originally implanted me and showing them that I am almost an inch longer than what they had thought I would be. Just to hear their reply. :o
Looking over the many different results it's hard to figure whether some guys are only in transition still growing or what?
This is a very complex formula too much for a simple guy like me, hurts my head.
My philosophy is to get what you can use it a lot and be happy.
Just a warning to you guys. So to keep my right tip from pushing I stay pumped around the house at 7 to 9 pumps. Well at just the wrong time I popped out of my skivvies. :oops:
I'm Just saying. :roll:

Return to “Implants”