AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: AMS Lgx -VS- Titan?

Postby DougAnd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:25 pm

DougAnd, I'm about the same 2 and 3/4 full inches shorter at this time. No I'm not trying to be larger than what I was prior to implant surgery which was 6 inches on Trimix. I use to be 7.5 inches when I was in my mid 20's but due to ED and fibrosis from the Trimix injections I was 6 inches. However, the night before surgery Jan 24, 2019 I measured 6.75 with the VED on my penis. I just want to at least obtain my pre-implant size of 6 inches.
Hometeam,
In my opinion you have enough to get your 6 back and then some. You mention scarring, well that is what I'm convinced is the difference between us and most others who just pop right out with a few cycles. So far everyone one I've seen in these struggles has scarring. A lot of scarring. I'm not looking forward to doing this all over again but suspect that my coming surgery through my shredded tunicas is going to shrink me yet again. ED first, implant second and probably revision third. At least now I have the experience to be patient. That means alot.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Precisely right.
merrix wrote:(edited for focus)
... this forume greatly overstates the LGX lengthening capacity. I spent some time a while ago trying to find research on this topic (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6010&start=510#p99868), and honestly, research does not support the LGX' superior dick lengthening capability. It is almost the other way around, with they study showing the largest size increases using Titans. I think it is fair to say that the LGX major benefit of its lengthening cylinders is that it shrinks your flaccid. It does not increase your erection size. Which is a good thing if you don't want a huge flaccid. And a bad thing if a huge flaccid is exactly what you DO want.

My thinking as well. And I researched as much as I could.
Secondly, regarding people telling the world (well at least the tiny little bubble of it called Frank Talk) that experienced doctors, in this case Perito, don't know what they are talking about, judging his statements and his knowledge, correcting him and pointing out where he goes wrong - this is a phenomenom that I raise my hand and admits guilty to as well. I think perhaps my perspective has changed after being a very sporadic visitor to this forum for a year, and then not coming here at all for a few months.
When I read the posts above now it almost makes me laugh. We have guys here who seriously tell us if Perito knows or does not know how to install an implant. People who judges his statement and tell us whether he is right or wrong, and when he is wrong (in their opinion), they tell us how it really is. Quite funny if you step out of this bubble and think about it, isn't it?
Who woould you rather trust, one of the world's most experienced Implant docs or two anonymous guys on an internet forum???????...

...So listen to your doc and read what is written here with a pinch of salt.

One of my favorite sayings is
Believe only half of what you see,
One quarter of what you hear
That goes double for anything you find on the internet (including this)

I rather think that the conversation between the O.P and Dr. Perito included some misunderstandings in the exchange. Not ignorance on either participant's part.

And Perito says that the Titan should be 'oversized',

This boggles my mind...unless I have the same misunderstanding of what Dr. Perito means when he says "oversized". I suspect strongly that that is the case.

I guess he means in the way Eid did with me, and what Eid sayd was the best way to do it as well:
Sizing it so that it is straight in the fully inflated state and crinkles when flaccid.
That will actually mean there is a difference between the flaccid and erect state with a Titan as well. In my case about an inch. Some of it from glans filling with blood, but some of it from the cylinders straightening.

This is what Dr. Eid wrote to me. He used the analogy of "an accordion".
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 pm

DougAnd wrote:DougAnd, I'm about the same 2 and 3/4 full inches shorter at this time. No I'm not trying to be larger than what I was prior to implant surgery which was 6 inches on Trimix. I use to be 7.5 inches when I was in my mid 20's but due to ED and fibrosis from the Trimix injections I was 6 inches. However, the night before surgery Jan 24, 2019 I measured 6.75 with the VED on my penis. I just want to at least obtain my pre-implant size of 6 inches.
Hometeam,
In my opinion you have enough to get your 6 back and then some. You mention scarring, well that is what I'm convinced is the difference between us and most others who just pop right out with a few cycles. So far everyone one I've seen in these struggles has scarring. A lot of scarring. I'm not looking forward to doing this all over again but suspect that my coming surgery through my shredded tunicas is going to shrink me yet again. ED first, implant second and probably revision third. At least now I have the experience to be patient. That means alot.

DougAnd who did you select to do this upcoming surgery? and Why?
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 am

Merrix,
I agree that many men do not get the lengthening benefits from the LGX. If you were to ask all FT bionic brothers who measured themselves before surgery if they are now longer a year or more later it would be interesting to hear their replies.
Studies come from a very tiny slice of the whole. It took me awhile to understand why two studies could have such very different results. The Andrology Report was a 3 ? year documentation of LGX patients from just one surgeon. Every guy was measured just before surgery flaccid stretch. The average guy was longer fully pumped immediately after surgery. They remained 70% inflated for 2 to 3 weeks each. After one year the average guy had gained additional length.
I decided that the results of your LGX are largely based on your surgeon. Some Doctors actually measure you 15 to 20% shorter when using the LGX to compensate for its growth. Those studies would be dismal indeed.
As for a shorter flaccid, I have had an LGX 8 months or so. Before implant my normal flaccid was about 3.5 inches. Right now I am measuring myself hold on a sec. I'm about 1/32 shy of 6 inches. This afternoon after walking and standing I will be more than 6 inches.
I was 6.5 inches both flaccid stretch and VED stretch the night before surgery. Came home just under 4 inches. Right now fully pumped I am and have been for awhile 6.75 inches. I don't consider that to be a shorter flaccid. And my cylinders are not crinkled. So they have stretched. Both Of my surgeons showed me they would shrink me (measure me) to be shorter than 6.5 inches. I have exceeded their expectations (evil plan) by 1/2 an inch.
Larry has an LGX and has had similar success.
YOU GUYS who have had an LGX a year or more or who have had it less and are longer than the day of your surgery how about sharing?
Also if you have had your LGX a year or more and are still shorter than before surgery chime in and let's see what our small slice reveals.
Thanks
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:23 am

DougAnd wrote:Merrix,
I agree that many men do not get the lengthening benefits from the LGX. If you were to ask all FT bionic brothers who measured themselves before surgery if they are now longer a year or more later it would be interesting to hear their replies.
Studies come from a very tiny slice of the whole. It took me awhile to understand why two studies could have such very different results. The Andrology Report was a 3 ? year documentation of LGX patients from just one surgeon. Every guy was measured just before surgery flaccid stretch. The average guy was longer fully pumped immediately after surgery. They remained 70% inflated for 2 to 3 weeks each. After one year the average guy had gained additional length.
I decided that the results of your LGX are largely based on your surgeon. Some Doctors actually measure you 15 to 20% shorter when using the LGX to compensate for its growth. Those studies would be dismal indeed.
As for a shorter flaccid, I have had an LGX 8 months or so. Before implant my normal flaccid was about 3.5 inches. Right now I am measuring myself hold on a sec. I'm about 1/32 shy of 6 inches. This afternoon after walking and standing I will be more than 6 inches.
I was 6.5 inches both flaccid stretch and VED stretch the night before surgery. Came home just under 4 inches. Right now fully pumped I am and have been for awhile 6.75 inches. I don't consider that to be a shorter flaccid. And my cylinders are not crinkled. So they have stretched. Both Of my surgeons showed me they would shrink me (measure me) to be shorter than 6.5 inches. I have exceeded their expectations (evil plan) by 1/2 an inch.
YOU GUYS who have had an LGX a year or more or who have had it less and are longer than the day of your surgery how about sharing?
Also if you have had your LGX a year or more and are still shorter than before surgery chime in and let's see what our small slice reveals.
Thanks
DougAnd

One thing that Dr. Brock mentioned to me is that a lot of guys are depending on measurements they took back when they were 18, showing off in the locker room. The longer they had untreated ED, the shorter they became without knowing it. Also, there is the matter of how to measure and if you took measurements and came up short, did you measure both times the exact same way?? Food for thought. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:25 pm

HomeTeam wrote:
DougAnd wrote:DougAnd, I'm about the same 2 and 3/4 full inches shorter at this time. No I'm not trying to be larger than what I was prior to implant surgery which was 6 inches on Trimix. I use to be 7.5 inches when I was in my mid 20's but due to ED and fibrosis from the Trimix injections I was 6 inches. However, the night before surgery Jan 24, 2019 I measured 6.75 with the VED on my penis. I just want to at least obtain my pre-implant size of 6 inches.
Hometeam,

DougAnd who did you select to do this upcoming surgery? and Why?

Hometeam,
I'm going to Dr Kramer was trying to go to him initially but missed my summer opportunity. I'm pretty screwed up hoping he can fix me.

Dogface

Postby Dogface » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi DougAnd,
Had my consultation with Dr. Kramer this morning (4/16/19). Surgery tomorrow early morning. We talked about LGX and Titan. Dr. Kramer indicated using more Titans recently than LGX. I was somewhat surprised thinking myself being a LGX guy. I have a lot of shrinkage since prostate removal. He stretched my flaccid 1.5" private to about a 7" Lieutenant. I thought the thing was going to fall off, LOL. Found it amusing because I would never stretch it myself that far. I told him to use his best judgement on which implant to use.

If I feel up to it, I'll post results tomorrow.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Good luck tomorrow!
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Dogface wrote:Hi DougAnd,
Had my consultation with Dr. Kramer this morning (4/16/19). Surgery tomorrow early morning. We talked about LGX and Titan. Dr. Kramer indicated using more Titans recently than LGX. I was somewhat surprised thinking myself being a LGX guy. I have a lot of shrinkage since prostate removal. He stretched my flaccid 1.5" private to about a 7" Lieutenant. I thought the thing was going to fall off, LOL. Found it amusing because I would never stretch it myself that far. I told him to use his best judgement on which implant to use.

If I feel up to it, I'll post results tomorrow.

I'm excited for you I wish that were me

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:49 pm

DougAnd wrote:Merrix,
Thanks
DougAnd

Great idea would love to hear their results from Lgx implant patients.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

Return to “Implants”