AMS MS pump secrets?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lunatech

Re: AMS MS pump secrets?

Postby Lunatech » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:50 am

Ok, I tried everything and nothing was working UNTIL this morning. I remember reading another post that someone laid his pump on the counter top to push it. So I cycled the deflate button, laid a washcloth on the counter, place my scrotum and pump on it and gave it a big solid push. Heard/felt the pop and it pumped up. I have no idea why it was so stuck before. I'm only 49 and have good hand strength but I guess I just wasn't pushing it hard or fast enough. I'm leaving it pumped up for a while and then I'll deflate and try again. I may still see the Dr to make sure everything is good with it. Thanks for all the help everyone. I'll update this post on the function of the pump either way once I see how it's going to work, that way it will be here to help others in the future.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am

Hearing/feeling that pop is a great feeling when it finally happens. Congrats, brother!

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Well I've been waiting to post this till I saw the Doctor to figure out what's wrong. After my last post I was unable to get it to cycle to inflate again. Saw the doctor this morning and he couldn't get it to cycle either. He said he could feel it start to cycle but it wouldn't complete. He's going back in on 4/29 to inspect and probably replace the pump. He did say that the encasement around the pump felt a little thick but that shouldn't affect the operation. So if the pump doesn't work once he get's it out the I get a new pump. Still within the 90 days so zero cost to me or my insurance. He's contacting AMS and will be working with them during this. Not what I wanted to hear but I knew something like this was possible going in. Being in industrial maintenance for over 20 years I've installed brand new parts that were bad before so I know it can and does happen. It's still a mechanical device built by humans so some are bound to be defective. I just happened to get one that was (looks like it anyway). Anyway, stuff happens. It will get sorted out and I'll be a fully functioning bionic brother soon enough. Just want to be as honest and open as I can so others might see this and learn what can happen before they get their procedure done.

Should I have the title of this thread changed to make it more searchable for those looking for information or am I over thinking it?

EDIT
I just posted the above in a new thread so it will be easier to search for and linked back to this one for those who want to read it.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:52 pm

While he's at it, I'd ask about the 4cm RTE.
My doc did something similar and it did seem to affect the bendability of the penis.
It just seems more reasonable to use the 21cm cylinders and 1cm RTE.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”