Just gotta ask a question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ams_bionic.2011

Just gotta ask a question

Postby ams_bionic.2011 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 am

dmikesaw why is it i get the impression that you are in some way trying to discourage men on here from seeking help on getting implants to try and better their personal lifes. I have read 4 of your post and 3 to me are what i myself consider negative and actually a 4th straddlying a bit. Let me say this i had a bad outcome with my implant and it won't stop me on getting or seeking out a good enough Dr. to fix me,but it's like you are experiencing a bad outcome or hell maybe you are working for a kick back from the drug companies by being so negative.We here on FT i thought was to share our experiences and try and help each other in the world of Implants and ED so please enlighten me why so negative and i appologize if i am breaking any rules on here but gee it just erked me to see such negativity.

barfinkl1

Re: Just gotta ask a question

Postby barfinkl1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:33 am

That's an opinion commonly shared. Thanks for your two cents. You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

steveb

Postby steveb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 am

It is my understanding that FT is for men to discuss their experience whether it be good or bad, That is the only way men will know the truth before they decide to implant or not. I myself, like dmikesaw, experienced a bad outcome so far. I was 5 1/2 inches before implant and I am now 3 1/2 inches. A loss of 2 inches is a major loss when you start at 5 1/2 inches. I had my implant only 4 months ago and am hoping that men will post encouraging comments to let me know that I have a chance to stretch back out as much as I need to. I really like Dr. Milam and Todd and my 1st post-op appointment is next week and I hope they will give me some positive encouragement when I talk with them, but this is a place to talk about real concerns and feelings. For men that have not been implanted yet this is real important to hear. For those of us living it, it is our real life and we can't help feeling scared or concerned. Just my opinion and not wanting to upset anyone.
Married 43 years old. Auto accident broke my pelvis in 7 spots which cause my ED

padreest

Postby padreest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 am

I think I have lost at least 2ins w/o transplant due to atrophy because of ED. Probably will try to vacuum it back if "T" is successful.

Julios

Postby Julios » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I have to agree with steveb. I would have very little use for this site if I thought it presented only the positive and in ANY way censored the negative. I know I'm not like everyone; I want to collect real data to help answer my questions, others want this site ONLY for encouragement. Perhaps this site should have compartmentalized sections for both, so we would know in advance what we are getting?
Age 54
RP July 2010. All nerves spared on right, 25% on left
Pathology: T3b, Gleas 9, Pos Margins, EPE
Currently on ADT
Using Trimix successfully: 0.08ml; 20MCG Alprostadil 1MG Phentolamine 30MG/ML Papaverine

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

I think guys like dmikesaw & steveb are giving a great opportunity for "think again" when it comes to this drastic step. And I personally greatly appreciate their feedback.
If not them I would probably just have signed whatever the doctor would give me to and was expecting for the "miracle cure". Now I am much more prepared for the conversation with my doc. And if I see any single sign the doctor avoids giving straight answers and/or denies to promise not to cause the 2" of shortage, I would void my decision. There would be no point - why would I want to have a foreign plastic in my body if my dick is going to be 2" shorter which will make it impossible to use for anything other than "self-training" purposes?
For me non-working average size dick is no different from mini-sized working one. Neither me nor my wife will be happier with the "big bump" instead of a penis even if it is hard...

infinite19

Postby infinite19 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Before I got my implant I was around 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 after implant I was 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 I found out that some of my length was lost when it was pumped up to the max,strange but when I pumped it up to a certain level I was almost 6 inch's .it is now around 5 1/2 when fully inflated not sure why but it seems like some of my length is coming back.No vac r any thing like that but I do pull on it after takeing a pee and when showering.I think part of my loss was going inside rather than out like we want .
Maybe u will gain some back ur self

Return to “Implants”