Cylinder Tubing Exit Scheme

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
navy6587

Re: Cylinder Tubing Exit Scheme

Postby navy6587 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:09 pm

oldbeek & MK1965...interesting and thanks for the update! "Hard" to believe that I'm now almost 2.5 years post-op. Still willing to show and tell anyone in the Greater Richmond VA area who may be contemplating inplantation. Also, still recommending any highly respected volume implanter but NEVER any Virginia Urology docs/ ambulatory surgical center! Some horrible memories never die.

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

cautiouslyoptimistic

Postby cautiouslyoptimistic » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:32 am

I have this EXACT same issue and I’m completely depressed over it. I just had a “revision” and the Dr. couldn’t do much with it. He didn’t want to take out and replace the entire implant so I’m stuck with it. Miserable. My implant was done by Andrew Kramer. Reading that others feel no tubing and nothing along their shaft makes me want to cry. I feel cursed or like I’m not meant to have a normal sex life.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:56 am

cautiouslyoptimistic wrote:I have this EXACT same issue and I’m completely depressed over it. I just had a “revision” and the Dr. couldn’t do much with it. He didn’t want to take out and replace the entire implant so I’m stuck with it. Miserable. My implant was done by Andrew Kramer. Reading that others feel no tubing and nothing along their shaft makes me want to cry. I feel cursed or like I’m not meant to have a normal sex life.

I read the first page and then came to the end to see what the reason was this almost 4 year old thread was brought up. So, a bit on how I see this. The tubing actually connects to the cylinders inside your body. Our doctor does not use extra RTE's for the attachment point of the tubing to be at the corporotomy. I have the same tubing to the side a bit, My guess is that the tubing from the pump to the cylinders is longer than the tubing from the reservoir. The longer tubing is then pushing up and to the side. The exit point from the cylinder is unknown as it is down inside the Crus. Our doctor in his videos made a point of showing extra tubbing length to insure a low pump placement for ease of use. And to prevent a complaint of a pump that is high and difficult to operate. Our doctor also worked very fast to reduce the amount of time the incision was open. This was to reduce infection. I to had scrotal webbing removed.

What was your revision for? As you can see in my signature I also had an additional surgery to repair a perforation.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Craigohbig

Postby Craigohbig » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:35 pm

I went to Clavell and I can trace every mm of my tubing
Runs along the side of the shaft and bundles up at the base on the left where my reservoir is
42 ED for 9 years vl after a fall. Pre implant 8 1/4 bp x 6 1/8 ish
Clavell titan 26+1 rte…post op very excited: 8 5/8” x 6 1/4” (7” base)
Starting to lose some length

Return to “Implants”