Cylinder Tubing Exit Scheme

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
navy6587

Cylinder Tubing Exit Scheme

Postby navy6587 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:19 pm

After just a bit more that 5 months post-op, the more I explore my implant, the more I come to question my surgeon's credentials and knowledge base regarding how to properly install the unit (no matter whether it's AMS or Coloplast).

I was implanted on 11/8/18 with a Coloplast Titan Touch that included 22 cm cylinders. I've traced the tubing from my reservoir (at the point it exits my abdomen) down across my pubic bone, turning right around the base of my penis and then downward to the pump sitting low in my scrotum. When I trace each cylinder's tubing, up from each side of the pump to where it connects to its cylinder, I find that the tube enters my cylinders on the SIDE of my penis, not underneath as I anticipated. In all the illustrations I've ever seen, and how my first surgeon demonstrated the unit in his office, the tubing exits DOWNWARD and into the scrotum. Originally, I thought the tubes were folds in my bioflex cylinders but NO. Where the tubing exits my cylinders, they bend almost 90 degrees and form bumps on the sides of my penis that become tender and slightly painful when I engage in foreplay.

Have any of you all experienced this rotated cylinder installation? If so, how prevalent is it?
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

tomas1

Re: Cylinder Tubing Exit Scheme

Postby tomas1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:49 pm

That's interesting; I've had a "bump" on the right side of my penis near its base since I was implanted.
Prior to surgery, I had a dent there and I attributed the bump to maybe a weak spot.
I only notice it in flaccid state and if I press it firmly, it seems to ease.
I guess if it's a tube egress it wouldn't go away when inflated though.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 pm

sounds like you have a infrapubic installation. Do you?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

I had a scrotal approach surgery. For the first month I thought the bump on the left side was a buckled cylinder. It turned out to be the tubing going into my left cylinder. It actually protrudes upward underneath the skin on the part of my penis that's outside of my body. Sometimes it's more sometimes it's less. Right at the moment I can't feel it at all but that's not normal.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Do you think you would be able to wear a constriction ring or would the tubes get in the way?
This goes out to all, not just Doug (hi doug).

I will need to wear one for glans engorgement.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:52 am

oldbeek/ all...thanks for all the input. I had a 'huge' penoscrotal incision (4+ inches) due to the surgeon's removal of a significant 'turkey neck' skin (scrotal webbing). So, no, not infrapubic. He had all the room in the world to work in while he had me on the table...nothing like the minuscule opening you see on Eid's and other's videos. I don't know what to think about the 'installation'; was it intentional to have my cylinder tubing exit to my right and left side, or was he just so incompetent that he didn't know what the f**k he was doing? Did he sew up my cavernosa wrong such that it twisted the tubing exits to each side? Nothing in the notes I asked for and received from the surgical center or the surgeon spoke to who did the closing.

As I mentioned, I don't think that my situation is 'normal'...any more comments are greatly appreciated.

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:44 pm

RoastBeef...sorry I didn't get to your q with my last post. I bypassed VEDs and/ or rings of any kind on the way to my decision to be implanted. The mrs has a 'thing' with spontaneity/ continuity and anything that interrupts the foreplay routine on the way to insertion just cramps her style...has from day 1. So, injections, compression rings, etc. were all 'out' and, for that reason, I wouldn't even consider it now. We've learned to work around the bumps.

I'm really just concerned with the legitimacy of the installation. Does anyone who has had an implant found that their cylinder tubes exit anywhere but the bottom of their penis?

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm

I was looking back at the coloplast website and the pictures of the tubes coming out of the cylinders. It looks like the come straight up and have to be manually curved down. I am 5 weeks out and still a bit numb in my lower part of shaft. I really cannot feel any tubes. I do feel like the ones goin to the reservoir go up by the right side of my dick looking down. But really feel no tubes.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm

there are different cylinders used depending if you are an infrapubic or peno-scrotal incision.

Looking on the coloplastmd site, here is the ordering information for the different cylinders:

ES8822 Titan Zero Degree cylinder/pump set Infrapubic 22 cm
ES8922 Titan Zero Degree cylinder/pump set Scrotal 22 cm

Maybe you got the infrapubic set that was inserted penoscrotal ???? I have no idea what is going on with your situation . I just did a google search, anad hear is an opinion from a fanous implant surgeon regarding the infrapubic versus penoscrotal tubing issues:
"...In the Infra-pubic approach, the tubing from the cylinders comes out from the back or top of the penis and is wrapped around the right side of the penis in order to place the penile pump in the scrotum. This results in the pump being placed higher in the scrotum, making it more visible in combination with the tubing, which remains palpable at the base of the penis. The partner is more likely to feel the penile pump during sexual activity..." J.F Eid, MD
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Tangerine...I very much appreciate the research. The Clinical Documentation that I received from Virginia Urology when I asked for 'every' piece of paper associated with my procedure noted the Implants as follows:

Item 101685: Coloplast Cylinder Set 22CM - ES2922
Expiration Date: 09/05/2023
Lot #: 6450617

Item 101681: Coloplast Reservoir 75 - ER8075
Expiration Date: 09/03/2023
Lot #: 6450380

Item 101679: Coloplast Penile Implant Assy Kit 91-9480SC
Expiration Date: 07/22/2023
Lot #: 6401112

I double-checked these numbers with the listing on Coloplast's website and confirmed that I got what I should have (other than the fact that I think I should have received a 125 ML reservoir. Anyway, since the procedure description (54405) properly describes a penile prosthesis insertion, it also included a Scrotoplasty procedure that permitted the surgeon to give me a huge scrotal incision (4.5"+) in order to remove my penoscrotal webbing ('turkey neck').

Hope that clarifies stuff a bit more.

Edd

Return to “Implants”