Avoiding Loss Of Length

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Avoiding Loss Of Length

Postby DougAnd » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 am

The number one complaint of all implant patients is a loss of penile length. This topic has been posted before and yet still we have brothers suffering from loss of length. You guys who are considering getting this incredible gift, be careful with your choice of surgeons or you'll be one of those reporting a year or more later that you disappointingly have not regained your natural manhood.
My many years in the building industry taught me the value of the 1/4 inch rule. Less than that and you cannot see it, won't feel it, will never even notice it unless you tape it. I have to assume that those 60 to 90 percent (varies by the Doctors doing the patients) who reported a loss in length must have permanently been more than a 1/4 inch shorter.
YOUR GREATEST CHANCE TO AVOID BECOMING A SAD STATISTIC BY HAVING YOUR PROUD PENIS TRANSFORMED INTO A CLITORIS IS TO CLOSELY FOLLOW F T ADVISE AND CHOSE YOUR SURGEON WISELY! Believe me, there are plenty of shaft shrinkers out there.
For example, a prominent surgeon in Nashville Tenn just recently recommended here on FT informed a patient "Now I am going to make your penis shorter". And then he did just that.
A distinguished Doctor in St Louis, MO told a group "I don't care if you keep a 200 degree towel on it before surgery and it is 10 inches long when you go in and only 3 inches when you come out. All I care is that the 3 inches will get hard."
On my first implant appointment in Melbourne FL I let my Doctor know my length, he gestured about 1 inch with his fingers and said "I'm going to shrink you this much." I asked him to show me he replied "No".
The next Urologist examined me in Kissimmee FL. "Right now I'm 6 1/2 inches," I said. Smiling he explained that his internal measurements had nothing to do with my natural length. " 6 1/2, 4 1/2, If I decide that 4 1/2 inches is best then that is what you'll be". Then he bragged about a patient who had become very angry when he had reduced the length of his penis by 2 inches." Grinning at me with delight he quipped, "I told him that he only needed 3 inches for full penetration."
At that point I was ready to just give up on sex. But my local AMS rep convinced me to try another Melbourne Urologist. I agreed if she would tell him my tips must be perfectly even and have him show me exactly how long my implanted length would be. Grabbing my penis firmly :shock: he stretched me out some 2/5ths to 3/8ths of an inch short and said "This is how long you will be."
His Melbourne FL partner pulled me out pointing slightly downward and about 1/8th to 1/5th of an inch short and declared "Your implanted penis will look just like this."
I chose the AMS Melbourne FL team and now almost 8 months later I am 1/4 inch longer than I was the night before surgery. I have an LGX. So no loss of length and an actual unexpected gain.
You guys looking for the right surgeon most Doctors do not measure their patients pre surgery or post surgery. That leaves you wide open for an undocumented loss of length. The number one defense used by Doctors against complaints for this loss is that ED had actually shrunk you before implant and that nothing was lost by the surgery. The second most popular excuse is that your penis is not shorter it's just hidden beneath your pubic fat pad. (As if you'd never noticed that before. Really?)
Truthfully both are very valid points that are being misused as smoke and mirrors. For example: right now my fat pad is hiding at least 1 1/2" just as it was before implant surgery and for much of my life. I did not wake up after surgery and realize GOOD GRIEF MY FAT PAD HAS JUST EATEN HALF OF MY PENIS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I saw that before surgery and so did all of these guys who have lost penile length. It is also true that a lifetime of ED slowly stole 1 5/8 inches in length from my penis, about 5/8 inches was lost in the last 2 years of total impotency. So it is true that if you have not had an erection in awhile you won't notice the loss in length before surgery unless you measure yourself.
So let's take care of that right now. Find an unsharpened pencil, drop your drawers :oops: , press the erasure tightly against your pubic bone right above the penile shaft, grab you glans from beneath :? and stretch it out like crazy :cry: a good hard healthy pull :shock: , mark the pencil where the very tip of your penis comes to and pull a measurement from erasure to the mark. That is the length that you can expect from your implanted penis.
Bottom line tell your Urologist right up front what your current length is and ask him to show you what to expect. If he won't do this move on. It's just that simple. Good luck finding the right one. When you do you will wake up to an amazing gift that just keeps on giving again and again and again :D
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Smetro

Re: Avoiding Loss Of Length

Postby Smetro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:54 am

You guys with fat pad issues......
Watch Michael Mosely on YouTube and get your weight down using the
5:2 Diet....or his new version.
Just sayin’
You can’t expect medical science will solve all health issues....have to take some responsibility for getting in shape.
Stop eating and drinking and get moving :roll:
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:09 am

Smetro wrote:You guys with fat pad issues......
Just sayin’
You can’t expect medical science will solve all health issues....have to take some responsibility for getting in shape.

Hey buddy, I really wish it was that easy. When I got very sick from sepsis from my first implant, I lost 40 pounds. My fat pad didn't change even a little bit. During my second implant I had lipo suction. The plastic surgeon said he took a lot out (25 whatever that means). Even Dr. Brock said that Dr Gan took a lot. Dr Gan said that I wouldn't notice the entire effect for three months. It has been 16 months, I have lost another 4 or 5 pounds and still, the fat pad has remained. When I press my fat pad in to my pelvis, my Johnson is almost twice the size. Some days I just wish that I had the stones to just cut off a big chunk of skin and fat and then the medical system that won't help me, would have no choice but to save my life, prevent infection and sew me up with whatever is left. I know we have members who can seriously relate to me, like Happy Toy for instance :)

Larry

505AbqNM

Postby 505AbqNM » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 pm

My IPP with Dr Kramer is scheduled for May 1, 2019 but I wanted to share something about my researching for the procedure, especially with regards to avoiding loss of size.

Thank goodness I had already stumbled onto FT before I met with my local urologist!!!

I made an appointment with him to talk about receiving a penile implant. He just happened to be the only Urologist listed in my state for installing implants, both AMS and Titan. We hadn't talked long at all when I inquired about size expectations. He seemed to immediately shut me down about having any expectations of size post surgery at all. I had the feeling it was going to be more like 'you get what you get'. He was not reassuring at all. He performed only a few a year. Before FT, I would probably have just left my fate in his hands. Instead, I knew I should have reasonable expectations.
I renewed my search and found that Dr Kramer was In Network for my PPP. The extra expenses for traveling are so worth it. I couldn't be more confident in a positive outcome!
Thanks so much to all who support and share on FT.
Thank goodness for the Internet making the world more accessible to everyone. Without it, I definitely would have worked with my local urologist.
Married, age:67, work fulltime, Type2 diabetic, worsening ED since 2012, all meds ineffective by 2019. Bionic on May 1, 2019 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan XL, standard pump, 24cm + 1RTE, best TriMix sizes realized, G~6", L~7.5”, pump revision Nov 2019

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Just sayin’

Hey buddy, I really wish it was that easy. When I got very sick from sepsis from my first implant, I lost 40 pounds. My fat pad didn't change even a little bit. During my second implant I had lipo suction. The plastic surgeon said he took a lot out (25 whatever that means). Even Dr. Brock said that Dr Gan took a lot. Dr Gan said that I wouldn't notice the entire effect for three months. It has been 16 months, I have lost another 4 or 5 pounds and still, the fat pad has remained. When I press my fat pad in to my pelvis, my Johnson is almost twice the size. Some days I just wish that I had the stones to just cut off a big chunk of skin and fat and then the medical system that won't help me, would have no choice but to save my life, prevent infection and sew me up with whatever is left. I know we have members who can seriously relate to me, like Happy Toy for instance :)

Larry

Fair enough Larry......it’s just that in many pics of guys dicks I notice they are often over weight. Merrix, myself and Maxxxxxx are lean....naturally I connected it all up ........and now I look at it I do have a bit of fat pad.....maybe it’s an age thing...?
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Smetro wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Just sayin’

Larry

Fair enough Larry......it’s just that in many pics of guys dicks I notice they are often over weight. Merrix, myself and Maxxxxxx are lean....naturally I connected it all up ........and now I look at it I do have a bit of fat pad.....maybe it’s an age thing...?

Don't get me wrong, I could still stand to lose another 40 pounds and I would not look so good in a thong but, shy of having plastic surgery, I don't know what more I could do. I have seen lots of photos of guys on here who are not overly overweight but still have significant fat pads... now, maybe they once were overweight, as I have noticed that it seems once you have it, it's like herpes... with you forever. :(

Larry

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:20 am

That’s a good question. If you lose a 1/3 of the implant inside. If you are a little over weight do you lose more.
Approximately,
So say you are 30 lbs over so you lose 1/3 (30%) of the implant.
Say you are skinny. Would you only lose 10% of the implant?
Yeah i am trying to game the system. Do I have to give up my junk food?
I could lose 20 maybe 30 lbs the most. Wondering if it is worth it?
Always bothered me. Because if you you go by what my Dr told me. Over 2 inches would be buried. If I push hard in the fat pad. No way I have 2 inches. I can feel the bone.
He told me I would be happy. At what I would he told me I would be after.
No I would not be happy.
Thank you
Bond
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:45 am

I agree diet and exercise will only get you so far. I lift weiggts every other day and walk 4 miles the other days at at a 15 minute mile pace. I still weigh the same as as did at 21 and probably still have some of my old clothes. At 57 i have more of a fat pad than i did but still have a tight abdomen. Sucks getting old.

In my old job i was responsible for helping others meet their on the job health regulations. Not in basic shape potentially no job. My first statement was always be honest with yourself. Write down what you want to change. What you will not change, and see where you are. You have to find middle ground. Case in point people who have weight loss surgery in many cases lose a lot of weight at first then put it back on. Lifestyle change was not made. A twinkie is still a twinkie whether you have a whole stomach or just a part of one. Same calories either way if you eat the whole thing.

If you like to drink or eat certain food so be it. You have to accept yourself and find contentment. Me i like good bourbon on occasion. Used to like it more till doc said my liver does not like it near as much as the rest of me. So now bourbon is on my occasion list along with basically anything fried and red meat. Like i said above. It sure sucks getting old.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

roksolid

Postby roksolid » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:13 am

Maybe I'm an exception to the rule...

In 2000 I was 29 and a meaty 315 lbs. (I'm 6'2" for reference). BMI solidly in the 35-40 range, and not doing well. I smoked, ate shitty food, suffered severe sleep apnea, had back problems from an injury on a small South Pacific island...I was a mess. 4 years later I had an idiopathic atrial fibrillation event that scared the crap outta me. The cardiologist I saw said if I didn't make some changes and get rid of the stress of my job I'd be dead before 35.

So in 2005 I has the Gastric Bypass/Roux-en-Y procedure done and dropped from 285 to 166 in about 10 months. I'm as healthy as a horse now. And that fat pad that I had...completely gone.

GB/RnY is major surgery I don't recommend unless you're in dire straits and are laser focused on staying healthy, but it helped me recover some of my (then diminutive) penis length.

It brought me out of my shell...in more ways then one.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:46 am

Jamesbond wrote:That’s a good question. If you lose a 1/3 of the implant inside. If you are a little over weight do you lose more.
Approximately,
So say you are 30 lbs over so you lose 1/3 (30%) of the implant.
Say you are skinny. Would you only lose 10% of the implant?
Yeah i am trying to game the system. Do I have to give up my junk food?
I could lose 20 maybe 30 lbs the most. Wondering if it is worth it?
Always bothered me. Because if you you go by what my Dr told me. Over 2 inches would be buried. If I push hard in the fat pad. No way I have 2 inches. I can feel the bone.
He told me I would be happy. At what I would he told me I would be after.
No I would not be happy.
Thank you
Bond

Bond,
Just because I can't see all of my penis does not mean that I can't use it. I don't know about you other guys but I use my fat pad as a spring board. When I'm able and both are ready pour it on and it flattens out really nicely let's you bounce right back and forth. :lol:
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”